Injury Report: Bergeron - to the hospital

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
Feel bad saying this, but he better have his ass on the ice tomorrow night or I'm gunna lose some respect for him

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Feel bad saying this, but he better have his ass on the ice tomorrow night or I'm gunna lose some respect for him

You should feel bad saying it.

If he isn't playing I can say with 100% certainty it won't be because he himself decided not to play. It would be because his doctors didn't clear him for play.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada

I just lost respect for you with this post. We have no idea whats going on but why question Patrice? The guy has given no signs of being anything but the epitome of a player with heart, character, leadership among a long list of other qualities. If he can play he will, if he cant play he wont. I will not question his toughness at all.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH

That is some moronic, self-centered, entitled nonsense right there. Try to comprehend all the respect you just lost from so many posters here over this. This would have been one of those "just hit cancel" moments for you. Fail.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Why are you making something out of nothing? I was saying I hope it's just kidney stones that he has in the context of a much more serious injury being possible.

I totally got what you meant and thought the same thing. Kidney stones are not good, but better than some of the other rumors that were floating around.

Certain posters on this site feel the need to take every little comment when it pertains to a player on the team, blow it out of proportion and assume you meant the worst.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Why are you making something out of nothing? I was saying I hope it's just kidney stones that he has in the context of a much more serious injury being possible.

Sorry, but the way you wrote it, it came off as dismissive.

As I noted earlier, I've lived with migraines for most of my life, and I've heard "no big deal, it's just a headache!" countless times. It makes me rather sensitive to anyone who dismisses another person's pain.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

i felt the same way about soupy...:shakehead:shakehead:help:

bergy is a warrior. if he can play he will if he cannot he wont. he isn't someone that would bow out because of a little pain...

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Sorry, but the way you wrote it, it came off as dismissive.

As I noted earlier, I've lived with migraines for most of my life, and I've heard "no big deal, it's just a headache!" countless times. It makes me rather sensitive to anyone who dismisses another person's pain.

Me as well, not fun whatsoever. I was looking at a guy like Percy Harvin who missed large chunks of seasons due to migraines and people got on him for it. The only thing you can do with migraines is literally sleep.

I wasn't trying to be dismissive, but if Bergeron only has kidney stones compared to something like a ruptured or bleeding spleen then I am much more optimistic.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Me as well, not fun whatsoever. I was looking at a guy like Percy Harvin who missed large chunks of seasons due to migraines and people got on him for it. The only thing you can do with migraines is literally sleep.

I wasn't trying to be dismissive, but if Bergeron only has kidney stones compared to something like a ruptured or bleeding spleen then I am much more optimistic.

I gotcha, no problem. I didn't think he had a ruptured spleen though; pretty sure he'd be strapped to a guerney with sirens wailing if he did, rather than sitting up in the ambulance. That picture was at the same time unnerving and reassuring.

I haven't had kidney stones but as I said I have had gallstones, and when they weren't acting up, so to speak, I felt fine. But an attack makes you think you're dying. I had my first one out of the blue at work and they had to call an ambulance - my boss said later that he was patting my back and it felt like a hot stove. Weirdly, though, when they opened the doors to bring the guerney in and a blast of cold air hit me the pain instantly vanished, and I almost felt stupid on the ride to the hospital because nothing hurt.

I do hope Bergeron's OK, not just because I naturally want him to play and be effective but because pain like that is just horrible. Childbirth really is the only thing that compares.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Uh oh, he'll lose your respect? Hear that, Bergy? Oh noes. :shakehead

Hopefully he was able to pass them (if that's what this actually is). Once they do pass, you're fine, almost euphoric the ordeal is over, but there can be complications if they don't pass easy enough and they have to go in and remove them.

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.

Me three. My worst ones have ended in the hospital, hooked up to IV (btw one time the drip contained Reglan, an anti-nausea med which -I came to find out -can induce severe panic attacks in a certain subset of patients. That made for a really delightful time).

As for Patrice: I just hope it's nothing serious that impairs his health going forward. He's already had enough to deal with.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Me three. My worst ones have ended in the hospital, hooked up to IV (btw one time the drip contained Reglan, an anti-nausea med which -I came to find out -can induce severe panic attacks in a certain subset of patients. That made for a really delightful time).

As for Patrice: I just hope it's nothing serious that impairs his health going forward. He's already had enough to deal with.

No kidding. Can this kid ever catch a break? Meanwhile, some fans are questioning his determination and ballsack?

Yeah, ok...

I mean... what do you even say to that?

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Well...it's pretty clear from what we're talking about that there is no word on Patrice.

That is pretty amazing, and kinda scary, in this day and age.

*sighs*

Carry on. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad