Injury Report: Bergeron - to the hospital

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
I am much relieved to read

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Much intrigue/deception on injuries in playoffs so take this FWIW on what I'm told on Bergeron: No one has correctly guessed body part yet.

Hope for the best.

No head injury , not a groin , not the rib , not the spleen... all good news

hmmmmmmmm

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Saw Haggerty replying on twitter to someone that he might have had that injury already in previous game, from analyzing some of his weak body checks and slow play at some of last goals, and that would *just my opinion* even more increase chances for Soderberg, as his role is center.

Hope he will be fine and ready to return for next game.

I mentioned this last night in the game thread, that remember the 4th game when he left the ice for a period of time, and we all immediately worried that there was an injury, and then he came back. I think he even scored his second goal after that, but still, if he came into last night's game with an injury, it could've been that moment in the 4th game when it happened.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lower rib injury is that what Thornton had? Does it screw up your breathing?

agreen23

Jun 23, 2012
I thought it was his left knee the way he stiffened up and put no weight on his leg when skating.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Stones possibly.

Rex had em removed, and walked into the garden with an IV.

Embarrassed everyone who was complaining about lil boo boo's

Chris7

Feb 21, 2012
Fox is reporting coverage of a press conference today regarding his status. Not sure when on what it is about

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Stones possibly.

Rex had em removed, and walked into the garden with an IV.

Embarrassed everyone who was complaining about lil boo boo's

This is also what I think it is...at least a strong possibility. Greatly debilitating as they go on the move. Once done, player is back to normal.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Speaking from (repeat) experience, stones suck. I only have small, 'gravel' sized stones, and when they move around, it generally feels like I got kicked repeatedly. Once they pass, though, I feel fine.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Kidney stones will literally have you on the floor praying for death. It's like someone taking a dull Xacto knife and slowly carving your insides for a few hours.

member 96824

Murphy reporting its not as bad as initially thought..

Translation: Calling hours are this evening and the funeral is on tuesday.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
CJ saying Bergy is "day to day".

Methinks thats a good sign.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Honestly I love BErgeron and almost feel bad wishing he plays Game 6 just because due to his past injuries I want the guy to put his personal health and well being first. Good to see the lack of news seems to be a positive indication that it isn't too serious.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Some recent tweets - seems like you are spot on above:

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
If we're playing Operation on Bergeron (see earlier tweets for reference), I'm not taking spleen or brain, but might look at a kidney issue.

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie26m
To be clear, because some mook will read that and see Operation, I'm suggesting Bergeron may have a kidney problem and may or may not play.

Hockey Buzz Eklund‏@Eklund
Sounds like Bergeron may actually play tomorrow night. If he does, and somehow the Bruins come back and win the Cup, Patrice is playoff MVP

"@tsnjamesduthie: Toews likely to play tomorrow."/And honestly, tho no one knows for sure, I'll bet Bergeron is the Bruins' lineup too.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
Some recent tweets - seems like you are spot on above:

If we're playing Operation on Bergeron (see earlier tweets for reference), I'm not taking spleen or brain, but might look at a kidney issue.

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie26m
To be clear, because some mook will read that and see Operation, I'm suggesting Bergeron may have a kidney problem and may or may not play.

Hockey Buzz Eklund‏@Eklund
Sounds like Bergeron may actually play tomorrow night. If he does, and somehow the Bruins come back and win the Cup, Patrice is playoff MVP

"@tsnjamesduthie: Toews likely to play tomorrow."/And honestly, tho no one knows for sure, I'll bet Bergeron is the Bruins' lineup too.
Eklund has the most positive tweet. That's cause for concern

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Murphy reporting its not as bad as initially thought..

Translation: Calling hours are this evening and the funeral is on tuesday.

:laugh:

Hoping it is actually just kidney stones and something can be done about it. Who knows, though? Watching the game last night and the whole series, I didn't see anything that would have injured him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Win or lose this series I want game 7. I want 45 hours of feeling like an 8 year old on Christmas Eve imagining what might be

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
:laugh:

Hoping it is actually just kidney stones and something can be done about it. Who knows, though? Watching the game last night and the whole series, I didn't see anything that would have injured him.

In game 4 in the later have of the 2nd period Eddy Olyzck mentions Bergeron being hurt on the bench. Of course Bergy returned and netted a pair of goals but perhaps there maybe something with the kidney stones.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm betting he'll play. He'll grin and bare it, but he'll play. He's not missing this game unless his arms are falling off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad