Injury Report: Bergeron - to the hospital

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Well...it's pretty clear from what we're talking about that there is no word on Patrice.

That is pretty amazing, and kinda scary, in this day and age.

*sighs*

Carry on. :shakehead

I wouldn't read anything into it. Injuries are never divulged during the playoffs if there's a chance the injured guy can play. I'm happy that there haven't been any leaks. Shows how tight a ship Chiarelli and Claude run.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Agreed!

He is a warrior that you don't sign to an 8 year deal....

No you sign him for his entire career. Win or lose this series, the reason the B's are one of the two best teams in the league and a force to be reckoned with year in year out is because we have a player like Bergy that leaves it all on the ice. He could try less hard if you like but then chances are the Bruins don't end up in the cup final. If he is physically able to play with out endangering the team due to limitation he will play. Bergy is not a guy I worry about when it comes to effort or heart. He knows best.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Did we got goal in his penalty? No, so it's as equal as anyone else's penalty.

Actually, that is very untrue. Even if you don't get scored upon, it takes a toll to play such an agressive penalty kill. The boys can take that if it's a hooking call that prevents a 3 on 1 or a trip that prevents a shot at an open net. An elbowing by Chicago's bench, not so much.
Also, taking stupid penalties can be demoralising for the team, and the player who took it.

OnT: Agree with other posters, we'll need Bergy to win the series unless everyone else steps up 2 notches (which might happen, looking at how teams (this one especially) often step up under pressure, and especially after injuries). Hoping we can win game 6 without him if necessary, and then have him return and once more score the Stanley Cup clinching goal in game 7 (or set up Jagr). Would've liked to have won game 1 or 4 (we did dominate those OT periods, to be fair) to have game 7 assured, but it is what it is.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I wouldn't read anything into it. Injuries are never divulged during the playoffs if there's a chance the injured guy can play. I'm happy that there haven't been any leaks. Shows how tight a ship Chiarelli and Claude run.

I hear ya. But i'd imagine these things come out from people outside the Bruins control. A nurse slips a few words to a reporter, off the record, right? The AC repair man at the hospital overheard some doctors and told TSN...So on...Who knows?

Even with a teams best efforts...something always leaks these days...not here.

Its prob a good thing. Hopefully he'll play and there will be nothing to target...I guess except his whole body, from a Hawks perspective.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Agreed!

He is a warrior that you don't sign to an 8 year deal....

I hate the "warrior" reference but I agree I wouldn't be looking for any lifetime long term signings due to injury history. It's business,sorry.

premierplayer

Aug 2, 2010
I hate the "warrior" reference but I agree I wouldn't be looking for any lifetime long term signings due to injury history. It's business,sorry.

Is it your money? I am sure they will offer him something that insurance will cover in case he gets injured or w/e. If he ended up like Savard he would be placed on LTIR and we would get our cap space. Jacobs is rich enough. You reward players like Bergy. Maybe not an 8 year deal but I can see 6.

j44thor

Mar 27, 2008

Why is a potential injury a concern for signing him long term, that is what LTIR is for. If he can play he should be very valuable for the next 10yrs especially since his game isn't based on speed which is first to go. If he ends up with another head injury he goes the Savard route and we use the cap space on someone else.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Feel bad saying this, but he better have his ass on the ice tomorrow night or I'm gunna lose some respect for him

Damn I've read some bad posts on our side of hfboards, but this one really takes the cake.

You don't remember when Patrice had such a bad shoulder that he could barely play, but he still dressed to try to win a few faceoffs for us? Every time he'd taken one he'd be in so much pain he almost wanted to cry. He's one of the toughest on the team, and a lock to be captain after Z.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Feel bad saying this, but he better have his ass on the ice tomorrow night or I'm gunna lose some respect for him

Yes, his reputation will be tarnished without your backing:shakehead

Love to see your employment record, see how often you`ve called in sick to work for little more than the sniffles....assuming of course, you are employed

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
When I first saw it, I thought it was his back from the way his posture changed.

This is what I thought too, his posture was very stiff & straight as he went to the bench. You could tell he was being very careful in his movements. I do the same thing when my back flares up.

OnTheFly12

Feb 17, 2012
Since we are guessing, I'll join in.

Lower back.....and he plays tonight.

Not going to guess on how effective he will be because he looked pretty banged up to me. Did you all see the video of him laboring to get into car upon return to Boston? looking like that 36 hours before game time is in the "not good" category.

But if he can play, he will play.

Southern Gentleman B

May 1, 2011
Brevard, NC
This is what I thought too, his posture was very stiff & straight as he went to the bench. You could tell he was being very careful in his movements. I do the same thing when my back flares up.

Thought the same thing and like you I have a long history of lower back/ruptured disk problems. It's all speculation, but if it is a back issue we should plan on limited ice time for Bergy, maybe penalty kills or key face offs here and there. If we can win and he doesn't exacerbate the injury he could be significantly better by Wednesday.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Also a long time member of the bad back club. If that is what it is, the initial pain is mind-numbing but it can taper down pretty quickly.

If it is humanly possible Bergy will play, even if its in a limited role like taking key face-offs. Like with #77 years ago, if he takes the ice the Garden should go crazy and that will give the team a needed lift. Like with Recchi, how can you sit on a bench with a guy like this and not give it everything you have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->