Injury Report: Bergeron - to the hospital

nitric

German Engineering
May 23, 2011
Rhode Island
I had them a few years ago and the pain level makes it the male version of giving birth. :cry:

I've never had a kidney stone, but my poor grandmother gets them a lot and every time she says she would rather deliver a baby. Sounds terrible.

I wonder if he has had them in the past. If not, he probably had no idea why or where the pain was coming from at the time.

CertainAffinity*

They'll never tell us, but it would be nice to know whether or not Bergeron's decision to take himself off the ice and back to the bench was him being precautionary, or if he was actually in too much pain to function properly.

If it's the former, and he was just feeling like something was 'off', then he'll probably play in Game 6 and be a big factor. If the 14 second shift in the 2nd was a result of pain though, then I question how effective he might be and for how long given the physicality of these games.

Heisenberg77

Jan 8, 2007
Did anyone notice the color in Bergeron's face last night when he was on the bench? He looked yellow. It has to be something in the abdominal area.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
kidney stones is...tough very tough. i dont want to go through that **** ever again, even though i know i will.

Hope he's good to go, we need him..badly.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
They'll never tell us, but it would be nice to know whether or not Bergeron's decision to take himself off the ice and back to the bench was him being precautionary, or if he was actually in too much pain to function properly.

If it's the former, and he was just feeling like something was 'off', then he'll probably play in Game 6 and be a big factor. If the 14 second shift in the 2nd was a result of pain though, then I question how effective he might be and for how long given the physicality of these games.

If Bergeron can physically play tomorrow we will see him. To put it shortly hes no hossa

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
You only need one kidney. Take the bad one out and let's go.

My mother gave my aunt a kidney.

After the surgeries you would never have guessed which one was the sickly one.

My aunt looked spry, my mother looked like she had been tortured.

So what I am saying is they'd be better off putting an extra kidney into Patrice rather than out of him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Are you going to go?

I started a tradition in 2011 of watching Cup clinching game 7's only with my dog. I get her a big marrow bone and fill up her bowl with water and get myself a pizza at my favorite place, and then a large frozen lemonade at Dunkin Donuts and toss a couple of shots of Grey Goose in it and basically stand next to my TV lol. I was invited by them last time to go to Vancouver but passed. I like the serenity of this and I need complete focus. I will say this if they win game 6 and Bergeron is playing game 7 I would recommend anyone who can to do it because they are winning

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
:amazed: You've never had kidney stones, have you?

Lol but honestly for his sake kidney stones are better than some of the other rumors (spleen and a ruptured disc in his back) but he is going to be hurting like mad until they pass.

Poor Bergy was definitely hurting wonder if they went to the hospital to rule out some of the other more scary things (or at least things that require emergency surgery).

I hope he gets better and is good to go for game 6-this team needs him.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah

"Tis but a flesh wound"--and it's potentially the last (hopefully not) game of the year:help:
If Bergie can help the team (and if he can even stand up straight) you know he will be out there.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Won't be surprised to hear that he has a kidney contusion.

Julien in the last few hours told certain French media no doubt he befriended from his days behind the Habs bench that Bergeron news leaning positive. I expect he plays I expect we don't see the Cup and its back to Chi-town for winner take all

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Actually I have heard someone say that.

Yay for whomever. I haven't had kidney stones, but I have had gallstones, and I had my gallbladder removed several years ago with more than 35 stones in it. I've dealt with migraines since I was 12, and I've given birth without painkillers. Guess what's worst?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I've had them. Wouldn't wish em on my worst enemy.

Didn't Dr. Recchi pass one in the lockerroom during a B's interrmission a few years back?

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
I've had them. Wouldn't wish em on my worst enemy.

Didn't Dr. Recchi pass one in the lockerroom during a B's interrmission a few years back?

The 41-year-old veteran, perhaps in his last best chance to win another Stanley Cup, underwent surgery at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Mass. General to remove a kidney stone and was released at 8:30 that night. He was back in the hospital to complete the procedure yesterday.

“They said if I got (the stone) out (I could play),†said Recchi more than an hour after Scott Walker’s overtime goal ended the Bruins [team stats] season, 3-2, and sent the Hurricanes into the Eastern Conference finals. “I had to get a stent out (yesterday) morning. They didn’t know going in that they would have to put a stent in. They were hoping not to, but they had to. The stone wouldn’t pass . . . it wasn’t going to go into my bladder, so they had to have the surgery to get it. I don’t wish it on anybody.â€

Recchi first felt the shooting pain in his side last Saturday after the Bruins lost Game 4 on Friday to fall behind 3-1 in the best-of-seven series. He missed practice Saturday, but played in both Game 5 and Game 6, scoring goals in each.

“Sunday and (Tuesday), I never had pain like that. (Last night) I was just trying to get the energy to play, but i felt pretty good,†said Recchi. “It was progressively getting worse and then it got stuck. That was probably the worst pain.â€

Asked how he played through the pain on Games 5 and 6, Recchi smiled and said, “Good medicine.â€

Still, he tried to downplay it, and said: “There are plenty of guys who play through things.â€

From here.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
For what it's worth, my friend was rushed to the hospital last year because they thought his spleen ruptured, and it turned out to be kidney stones, apparently a common misdiagnosis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->