Confirmed with Link: Bergeron - Signs 8yrs/52mill

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My favourite contract dispute that sinden had was when he was told by Joe Juneau agent that if he does not get his contract he would be going to Swizterland to play. Sinden relply was " He better learn to yoddle" Ah good old drunk Harry!

It was a funny line but for as much as he did for this organization for the majority of his time in Boston, he did equally as much damage as far as his ability to treat anyone with any dignity and respect and it`s too bad that he ended the way he did...then pass his "vision" along to MOC:shakehead

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
So many theoretical possibilities with his head and whatnot, but such a great deal for a great player and person. To my eye, he's been the most complete Bruin, with the exception maybe of Bourque, Neely and prime Oates, over the last 25 years. He's going to be one of those guys we're talking about in old age: "Man, Bergeron was the best."

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Thank you, Bergy.

Don't look now, but it is quite possible that Bergy could eclipse The Great and Eminent Robert G. Orr in the pantheon of legendary Bruins.

I love Bergeron. But, that's heresy. You can be ex-communicated for less. When Bergy wins a few Hart Trophy, Art Ross and Conn Smythe's we can talk. Until then. Child, please.

Marley

Feb 10, 2011
So happy to hear this news. Bergy is such a big piece of teh heart and soul of this team.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He'll be our captain by the time this deal is over. :yo:

8 years is a lotta years. And I'm so happy it's him that's locked up for that long. :handclap: My favorite player in the league and he will be until he retires. Great cap hit for both sides.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I love Bergeron. But, that's heresy. You can be ex-communicated for less. When Bergy wins a few Hart Trophy, Art Ross and Conn Smythe's we can talk. Until then. Child, please.

I was too young to appreciate what Orr meant, and still means for so many, no way am I going into Bergy>>Orr territory........ouch

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Great News...thanks for the early Birthday present. I have said this before.....whichever scout was responsible for signing Patrice, should not have to work another day in his life & toss in his kids college education tuition....:)

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
Thank you, Bergy.

Don't look now, but it is quite possible that Bergy could eclipse The Great and Eminent Robert G. Orr in the pantheon of legendary Bruins.

Well they both have cup winning goals and will have their numbers in the rafters but that's a pretty lofty expectation.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Great News...thanks for the early Birthday present. I have said this before.....whichever scout was responsible for signing Patrice, should not have to work another day in his life & toss in his kids college education tuition....:)

Denis Leblanc scouts the Q for us now, it's been 5 years he's with the Bruins so it wasn't him

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
It was a funny line but for as much as he did for this organization for the majority of his time in Boston, he did equally as much damage as far as his ability to treat anyone with any dignity and respect and it`s too bad that he ended the way he did...then pass his "vision" along to MOC:shakehead

Yup Harry became a real A$$ to deal with at the end of his career. Players did not want to come here because of him. He did not treat guys with any respect at all. Remember when he put Reggie Lemelins pads outside the locker room when he waived him? That was so classless.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
One of the things I like best about Bergeron is knowing how it must really irk Le Club Canadiene that this French Canadian son of Quebec was overlooked by them and has become a terroir against them.

Marchand, too.

Love it.

Afam*

Me thinks I`ll just trust Chia and his troops....too much worry/concern over things we have absolutely no control over, and for what is, in the grand scheme of things both a game, and not our money

Why not just be happy that we aren`t watching a parade of players in contract squabbles or having to listen to them walk and after it`s said it was over a half million???

You "appear" to be a young fan, you may not recall a day not so long ago where the above was the norm

You are right. I didn't witness the old old regime where things were brutal, but part of me hate giving 8 years contact to anyone. I'm like that for all four major teams in this city. Things can go wrong for that long period of time. I would have been happy with a 5 year deal for bergy.

sandtoorr

Jul 26, 2005
I couldn't be happier for Patrice and ... well us as fans. In my opinion, talents aside, he's this generations Ray Bourque. He represents everything this town stands for and what we want in our athletes.

I'm happy Patty's never going to play for Quebec.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yup Harry became a real A$$ to deal with at the end of his career. Players did not want to come here because of him. He did not treat guys with any respect at all. Remember when he put Reggie Lemelins pads outside the locker room when he waived him? That was so classless.

We could fill 50 pages of posts about the crud he did/said

He did many great things for the first half of his time here, but I still struggle giving kudos to a man who was a first class jackwagon in a game that passed him by quickly in the last half

Anyways...he`s gone and thankfully, this GM/Prez act nothing like he did

Has Chia ever had even a tepid contract dispute?? Not sure Kessel`s even got to a stage of friction before he drove him to the airport?

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Me thinks I`ll just trust Chia and his troops....too much worry/concern over things we have absolutely no control over, and for what is, in the grand scheme of things both a game, and not our money

Why not just be happy that we aren`t watching a parade of players in contract squabbles or having to listen to them walk and after it`s said it was over a half million???You "appear" to be a young fan, you may not recall a day not so long ago where the above was the norm

Well said. We have watched and lived through those times and have no desire to see re-runs.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Following the Chicago model. Lock up your core so you don't have to worry about them leaving. The rest are interchangeable, which has become a necessity of this cap reality.

Plus, Chia has acquired some young talent that will challenge or be used as bargaining chips to fix needs.

Chia is a grandmaster chess player IMO. Always thinking of the present and the future simultaneously. Two steps ahead, even when everyone else thinks he's two steps behind.

Always looking at the entire chess board, I guess that's why I'll always wait for the King to fall, before I judge this team.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Great day for the franchise. He's the heart and soul of the franchise. Future captain, and the captain in my heart. Its a pleasure to watch him as a fan. I too, worry about long term deals, but I'm not going to think about it at the moment. I'm going to just enjoy the fact that Bergy will most likely retire a Bruin, and that makes me happy.

SwissBruin

Oct 14, 2010
Basel
Few things infuriate me more than HFBoards posters suggesting to remove the captaincy from Chara and give it to another Bruin. Probably the 50th time I've seen that proposed on this board. ****ing ridiculous.
Yeah I actually agree, the disrespect that Chara gets on this board is absolutely ridiculous. This guy not only led his team to a Cup win and to another final, he's also one of the best & most feared D-men of the last decade. Additionally he's probably the league's hardest worker and, as far as I can tell from his interviews, a very nice person.

What exactly do you guys think makes Bergy a better captain than Chara, except being a good-looking Canadian??:help:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You are right. I didn't witness the old old regime where things were brutal, but part of me hate giving 8 years contact to anyone. I'm like that for all four major teams in this city. Things can go wrong for that long period of time. I would have been happy with a 5 year deal for bergy.

You woulda been happy with a 5 year deal maybe, but the message that sends to Bergeron after doing what he has done, and meant what he has meant would present horrible optics moving forward. This regime has done a great job turning Boston into a place where others want to play after years of this organization practically begging/bribing anyone to come play for them.

Handing Bergeron a 5 year deal would have been a slap to the face of a guy who`s stated very publicly, he wants to retire a Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad