Confirmed with Link: Bergeron - Signs 8yrs/52mill

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
Just got the notification too. I wonder what the cap hit is. Glad he's here for another 9 years!

Afam*

i just saw the figures. 8 years, 6 figures. i dont like that. lets not forget he already has 4 concussions.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
i just saw the figures. 8 years, 6 figures. i dont like that. lets not forget he already has 4 concussions.

Every veteran star center pretty much has concussion history.

Don't worry, be happy!

Plus, there's LTIR (god forbid we ever need to address it).

Afam*

money wise, im not too worried about it, but why the 8 year contract though . chia is handing out 8 year contracts like its candy.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Ultimate team player. Flawless work ethic. Passion for the game and great ambassador for the organisation. Glad that he will finish his career as a Bruin.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I plan on getting a Bergy jersey and I will have the C sewn on instead of an A. Eventually, I will be right. I will just have to deal with weird looks for a few years.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
money wise, im not too worried about it, but why the 8 year contract though . chia is handing out 8 year contracts like its candy.

No. Bergeron will retire as Bruin. That's the purpose of this contract...

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I know we needed to sign Rask, but this was the important one for me. He deserves every penny of that $1.5M raise, and to have him locked up max term, just beautiful.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Me thinks I`ll just trust Chia and his troops....too much worry/concern over things we have absolutely no control over, and for what is, in the grand scheme of things both a game, and not our money

Why not just be happy that we aren`t watching a parade of players in contract squabbles or having to listen to them walk and after it`s said it was over a half million???

You "appear" to be a young fan, you may not recall a day not so long ago where the above was the norm

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
Bergeron! Bergeron!

Pretty excited to see this guy in black and gold for the next 9 years.

Never had any doubts but nice to see it confirmed.

Class act.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->