Confirmed with Link: Bergeron - Signs 8yrs/52mill

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I'm sorry but you're not gonna win this battle. Bergeron is one of the best two way forwards in the game today. But he is nowhere near as good as Bobby Orr, and it ain't even close - AINEC.

Bobby Orr at a MINIMUM is one of the top 2 hockey players to EVER play the game. You can bring Gretzky into the conversation but that's about it.

The crazy thing about Bobby Orr is that he managed to do all he did from the Defenseman position. Orr revolutionized the game of hockey, he practically CREATED the PMD position.

Want to get into stats? Can you name any other player with a +124 in a SINGLE season? That's more than Bergeron's ENTIRE CAREER to date if you can even try to understand that number. I won't even get into the scoring because Orr blows the doors of Bergeron in that category as well.

As far as value to his team, you can't find a better player than Bobby Orr. He was one of the greatest of all time and he made his teammates that much better. Just ask Phil Esposito, another HOFer. It is no coincidence that he put up his gaudiest numbers while in Boston and playing with Orr.

Larry Robinson was +120 in 76-77
Wayne Gretzky was +98 in 84-85

I actually never looked before, but Robinson was extremely close to Orr's record, I never would have thunk it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad