Confirmed with Link: Bergeron, Lucic, Marshmont, Eriksson, Krejci, Chara and Rask Invited to Olympic Camps

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Imo its a joke some ppl think crosby is a lock. If he plays like he did vs the bruins in the ecf, he should be cut.

If perry has a chance to make it so should lucic. BOth are not the best skaters but bring alot of otger things to the table. Both guys def should be considered over mike richards, carter, jordan staal, kunitz, neal, eberle, ladd

LMAO its a joke you think Lucic is a lock. If he plays like he did in the regular season, he should be cut.

See what I did there?

It's an orientation camp. They fill out papers, get info on travel and accommodations for themselves and family, go over Olympic drug testing rules etc. Nothing they have done to date will determine if they make the team. What they do in the first 3 months of the season will.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
LMAO its a joke you think Lucic is a lock. If he plays like he did in the regular season, he should be cut.

See what I did there?

It's an orientation camp. They fill out papers, get info on travel and accommodations for themselves and family, go over Olympic drug testing rules etc. Nothing they have done to date will determine if they make the team. What they do in the first 3 months of the season will.

did the Czech Republic list their invites? Sobotka has to be on it, considering Hitchcock said he was his most consistent forward this past year.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
did the Czech Republic list their invites? Sobotka has to be on it, considering Hitchcock said he was his most consistent forward this past year.

Czech coach/management have already met with NHL players (yes to Sobotka). They will meet with players playing throughout Europe through the season. Czech Republic is doing things a little different.

OT... how about them Ducks ? 11 players going to Olympic orientation camps. Half the team :amazed:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Fleischmann was Krejci's other wing besides Jagr last Olympics, right?

Fleischmann definitely was- I remember thinking he was a Swede and being shocked. Hopefully Sobotka is on this, he and Krejci had the total bromance going- it was hilarious to watch them at practices. He's probably on the bubble but most lists I saw had him make it. Fleishmann is a very underrated player has some good wheels

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Czech coach/management have already met with NHL players (yes to Sobotka). They will meet with players playing throughout Europe through the season. Czech Republic is doing things a little different.

OT... how about them Ducks ? 11 players going to Olympic orientation camps. Half the team :amazed:
Wow that's a haul - glad to see my original obsessed player made it.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

See what I did there?

I never said lucic is a lock did i?

But the hockey world has seen what he can do when it comes to big games for the past several years.

Crosby on the other hand , how many pts did he score vs the bruins in the ecf?

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I never said lucic is a lock did i?

But the hockey world has seen what he can do when it comes to big games for the past several years.

Crosby on the other hand , how many pts did he score vs the bruins in the ecf?

You're on glue if you think Crosby isn't a lock. Only an injury will keep him off the team.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You're on glue if you think Crosby isn't a lock. Only an injury will keep him off the team.

Its ppl like you that dont understand earning vs deserving. And also gives this guy a free pass as the best player in the world , when he clearly is not.
Toews this sec as a player is ahead of this hockey wiz

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Its ppl like you that dont understand earning vs deserving. And also gives this guy a free pass as the best player in the world , when he clearly is not.

Sure thing pal.

You know that Crosby still had more points that Toews in the playoffs while going pointless in the ECF?

Like I said, you're on glue if you think he's not on this team. Or any other team he's eligible for.

I'm not a big fan of the guy, but he's a great player. The best forward in the world.

AS for big games, who scored the winner in 2010 again?

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

:laugh: whoa.

FWIW pretty sure Crosby outscored Toews through the first 3 rounds. Toews struggled big time offensively until the finals.

Edit: As a matter of fact after checking the stats, Crosby had more points in 3 rounds (including getting shutdown vs the B's) than Toews had all playoffs.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Sure thing pal.

You know that Crosby still had more points that Toews in the playoffs while going pointless in the ECF?

Like I said, you're on glue if you think he's not on this team. Or any other team he's eligible for.

I'm not a big fan of the guy, but he's a great player. The best forward in the world.

AS for big games, who scored the winner in 2010 again?

Yeah keep resorting to the glory days.

Why dont you tell me what he has done in the recent couple of years instead?? Has he shown up at the big dance?

Best fwd? You serious? Thanks for the good laugh.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
:laugh: whoa.

FWIW pretty sure Crosby outscored Toews through the first 3 rounds. Toews struggled big time offensively until the finals.

Edit: As a matter of fact after checking the stats, Crosby had more points in 3 rounds (including getting shutdown vs the B's) than Toews had all playoffs.

Who put the team on his back and carried them to the cup? Was it not toews?

Tell me, you rather have gun practice vs low seeded teams or win it all?

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

:laugh: Why are you so angry about this? There's not much debate that Crosby is the most talented hockey player in the world, injuries aside. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you have to realize you're in the vast minority.

I don't even like the kid, but he's an incredibly talented player and to argue that his body of work in his career, recent or not, isn't enough to make him a sure thing for the Canadian Olympic roster is just plain silly.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Why dont you tell me what he has done in the recent couple of years instead?? Has he shown up at the big dance?

The only one here providing laughs is you. You want to leave Crosby off Team Canada. Who would you have in his place BTW?

No, it was Kane.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Crosby is the top-ranked active player in points per game, including being number one in the league this past season. He also led the league in goals created per game and assists per game this past season. When he has been healthy he has been a scoring monster. One bad series in which the whole team stunk offensively will have zero factor in anything. I won't get in a debate over whether he is better than Toews because they are not the same type players. Sid is obviously a better offensive player while Toews is better defensively. But any suggestion that Crosby isn't a shoe-in for Canada is beyond ludicrous.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
:laugh: Why are you so angry about this? There's not much debate that Crosby is the most talented hockey player in the world, injuries aside. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you have to realize you're in the vast minority.

I don't even like the kid, but he's an incredibly talented player and to argue that his body of work in his career, recent or not, isn't enough to make him a sure thing for the Canadian Olympic roster is just plain silly.

Obviously 4 bad games, by not only him but his entire team, is enough to bump him off the TC.

rocketman probably thinks Malkin(also pointless in ECF) shouldn't be on the Russian team either.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Obviously 4 bad games, by not only him but his entire team, is enough to bump him off the TC.

rocketman probably thinks Malkin(also pointless in ECF) shouldn't be on the Russian team either.

If you actually read my post properly , i said the guy shouldnt be a lock, while you and others think otherwise.

You prob think he should be on the first line and wear a "c" already dont you?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

V7WCCEA.jpg

Cx2zTkG.jpg

He's been the life of it.

One bad playoff series where his whole team sucked. I hate the Pens and Crosby is a *****, but there's no debating he's a lock unless he's dead and he's the best player/forward in the league... Almost won the Art Ross by playing 36 games. Ted Lindsay.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
If you actually read my post properly , i said the guy shouldnt be a lock, while you and others think otherwise.

You prob think he should be on the first line and wear a "c" already dont you?

Crosby is a lock, dude. I don't... I don't see your argument otherwise. I'm sorry.

I don't like the whiny SOB. But it's undeniable.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Yes, obviously it's people's reading skills here that is the problem:laugh:

He will be on the team and there is no doubt in anyone's mind but yours that he is a lock for this team.

I'm not a fan of the guys whatsoever, but you'd have an easier time convincing people that water is dry over this.

Boston Bruins248*

Lucic will get consideration. On team Canada he's the probably the only "goon" consideration. He might not drop the gloves but they'd take him to run a Finnish D man into the glass. Its still hockey and he can hit people. Will he get a chance to play with Crosby? No.

Marchand like Lucic is a perfect 4th line fit. Brings speed, skill, and PK ability. I can see him making the team and being a healthy scratch and maybe getting in a game.

Bergeron is a lock but he might be on the 4th line.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Bergeron play on Crosby's wing during the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, or was that at the World Cup????

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Bergeron play on Crosby's wing during the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, or was that at the World Cup????

World Champ and World Jr's. They didn't play much together in Vancouver that I recall.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

He started off there since he had played with Crosby in the World Cup and World Jrs.

He got injured and ended up being on the 4th line for a lot of it, IIRC. Good thing about him is that he's 100% and probably 300% better than he was in 2010. He can be put on any line as a RW/C. Can adjust to any situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00