Confirmed with Link: Bergeron, Lucic, Marshmont, Eriksson, Krejci, Chara and Rask Invited to Olympic Camps

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If anyone doesn't have Seabrook on their list I question if they were watching the Cup finals.

That guys is an absolute beast.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Can we add in the other Bruins who were invited to camps?

Loui Eriksson - Sweden
Tuukka Rask -Finland
David Krejci - Czech Rebublick
Zdeno Chara - Slovakia

Congrats to all of our Olympic hopefuls!

Looks like Yeti really did burn some bridges and wasn't invited to Sweden's camp.

So bummed about Germany not qualifying.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Marchand would never be invited to Canada's team

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Glad to see Lucic and Marchand get the recognition, but I don't think either come close to making the team.

Also great to see Bergy get continued recognition.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Just a little collage I made:

1002851_895630787119_43485724_n.jpg

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I love watching as team Canada is put together... that is one hell of a job. Lucic and marchand both need to hope that they go with sie/grit on one of their lines for them to make it.

Bergy should be in as a winger who takes draws and plays defensively. They could easily fill that team with top line skilled players but that hasn't always worked for them in the past.

I think krejci, eriksson, chara, rask and bergy are all locks. Lucic and marchy will need to fight and get some luck to crack the roster. Wonder how mad the yeti is...

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I was thinking a Bruins fourth line with,.....
Marshy Bergy Lucic ?
No other team would be able to ice a line like that, strong offensively and defensively.
I've seen issues with icing a team that only has superstar goal scores, most notably IIHF last year under 18 team Canada.
Had all the talent in the world but was missing elements in hockey that make up a team.
Hitting is VERY important to Canadian hockey style, if over looked it could allow a faster and more dangerous on quick break team to transition and beat our boys down the ice.
Lucic will keep things honest.

Bergy is pretty self explanatory to anyone who has seen him play as to Y he should be on the team.

Marshy is also highly skilled and fast. I've noticed he has been getting better with not going over the line, Julien had been great with him and will be on the bench to keep his little rat in check. He also has chemistry with Bergy and would be great on PK kills..

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I was thinking a Bruins fourth line with,.....
Marshy Bergy Lucic ?
No other team would be able to ice a line like that, strong offensively and defensively.
I've seen issues with icing a team that only has superstar goal scores, most notably IIHF last year under 18 team Canada.
Had all the talent in the world but was missing elements in hockey that make up a team.
Hitting is VERY important to Canadian hockey style, if over looked it could allow a faster and more dangerous on quick break team to transition and beat our boys down the ice.
Lucic will keep things honest.

Bergy is pretty self explanatory to anyone who has seen him play as to Y he should be on the team.

Marshy is also highly skilled and fast. I've noticed he has been getting better with not going over the line, Julien had been great with him and will be on the bench to keep his little rat in check. He also has chemistry with Bergy and would be great on PK kills..

Take all 3, put them on line 4.

Done deal.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Well, guessing what the Canadian Olympic roster will be is a fun game, so I'm gonna try it:

Couture-Crosby-Tavares
Duchene-Toews-Giroux
Lucic-Bergeron-Stamkos
Hall-E. Staal-Eberle

Extras: Getzlaf, Perry

Pietrangelo-Weber
Keith-Seabrook
Bouwmeester-Subban

Extras: Doughty, Methot

Price
Crawford

Extra: Luongo

REally think Lucic has a chance, esp. with Chia and Clode going to Sochi as well.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Well, guessing what the Canadian Olympic roster will be is a fun game, so I'm gonna try it:

Couture-Crosby-Tavares
Duchene-Toews-Giroux
Lucic-Bergeron-Stamkos
Hall-E. Staal-Eberle

Pietrangelo-Weber
Keith-Seabrook
Bouwmeester-Subban

Price
Crawford

REally think Lucic has a chance, esp. with Chia and Clode going to Sochi as well.

J-Bo over Doughty? Please let me know when that one happens.:laugh:

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto

Couture-Crosby-Tavares
Duchene-Toews-Giroux
Lucic-Bergeron-Stamkos
Hall-E. Staal-Eberle

Pietrangelo-Weber
Keith-Seabrook
Bouwmeester-Subban

Price
Crawford

There is Zero chance Boumeester gets in ahead of Daughty. Many better options.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Lucic has no peers at his position when he's at his best. In this tournament who knows.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I give Marchand a real chance of making Team Canada. Chemistry with Bergeron will be a key. They can pair them up and add a winger for the right side and have a shut down line that can score and they instantly have a #1 forward pairing on the PK.

Marchand - Bergeron - Eberle would be a fantastic 4th line.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Just a little collage I made:

1002851_895630787119_43485724_n.jpg

Awesome. Surprised Iggy didn't get an invite. Slow or not, he's a huge leader and probably would have been captain.

If he got edged at the end of the camp, fine, but no invite, wow.

Krejci and Chara are the two best from their countries (unless I'm missing someone from CR, feel like I might be), they're locks. Eriksson is as well. Bergeron will make the team, Claude and Chia have, Lucic has an outside shot and Marchand has a real slim chance. Depends on the team they mold.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I.really like the Czech jerseys-and I think Krejci is easily one of the best Czech players in the NHL if not the best.

Chara is a lock for Slovakia but a selfish part of me wishes he would rest.

I think Canada has such a wealth of talent that the players left off the final roster could easily be locks if they played for other countries-I mean if Looch and Marchand were US citizens I think both would be viewed as locks but for team Canada they have to earn a spot.

I still think Marchand and Bergy on a line together would be smart-and Canada would have probably the best PK unit on the ice.

Shadowthrone

Zombies Welcome
Sep 24, 2006
Franconia, Germany
Though Germany did pretty well in 3 out of the 4 last WCs, they totally **** the bed in 2012, the one that mattered most for the rankings and qualification for Sochi.
Team had a new coach, Swiss guy Kölliker, who got fired shortly afterwards.
Concerning Seidenberg, he doesn't seem to be very motivated to play for the national team anyway, Ehrhoff's a much better fit in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
In 2010 it was in Vancouver on the small ice and it was better suited for him to throw hits and grind those *****es down to quote Dan Bylsma. I don't think the big ice will suite him well at all.

Totally disagree. looch has became a force on both ends of the ice and his straight line speed is very underrated. With his physical presence in the offensive zone and his ability to open up ice for his line-mates, would make him a huge asset.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Can we add in the other Bruins who were invited to camps?

Loui Eriksson - Sweden
Tuukka Rask -Finland
David Krejci - Czech Rebublick
Zdeno Chara - Slovakia

Congrats to all of our Olympic hopefuls!

Looks like Yeti really did burn some bridges and wasn't invited to Sweden's camp.

So bummed about Germany not qualifying.

Why?

This thread was originally Bruins invited to Team Canada's orientation and a place to discuss Team Canada which is what was happening. At least 51 of 52 posts did.

USA get's their own thread without a single Bruin invited and I think there are enough Canadian fans on this forum to warrant our own thread.

Half serious, half joking.... but someone had to say it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad