Confirmed with Link: Bergeron, Lucic, Marshmont, Eriksson, Krejci, Chara and Rask Invited to Olympic Camps

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
They looked a lot better on the players, maybe it'll look better with some actual gear on.

Not huge on the stars, really tacky. Fake laces... Why? Maybe would have liked it a lot more with a bottom stripe. Logo is alright, pretty cool, but the jerseys themselves are pretty meh. Nike jerseys always have some kind of tacky thing(s) on them.

I really like Russia's home jersey. Really sharp.
FuUkgP0.jpg

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The shiny stars are just awful-a 6 year old girl in pee wee might like them.

I don't mind the simplicity of the sleeves but the shiny stars are horrid.

Russia's don't looks bad. My favorite international jersey are the Czech ones from the last Olympics.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Good to have you on board Ladyfan:laugh:

On a lighter note, the U.S. jersey's are not the best, i.e. current Bruins jersey, but they are not the worst, i.e. Pooh Bear jersey.

I really want to watch good hockey. I have no issue with cheering for Canada. My Dad was born in Halifax NS and my Grandparents were from Newfoundland. Plus with my boys (Bergy, Looch and Marchy) playing I may not be able to help myself. ;)

If it were the 1980 Olympics ...well I was cheering for USA then. I was shocked when they won but there were no NHL players playing. Things are quite different now.

Last edited:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I really want to watch good hockey. I have no issue with cheering for Canada. My Dad was born in Halifax NS and my Grandparents were from Newfoundland. Plus with my boys (Bergy, Looch and Marchy) playing I may not be able to help myself. ;)

If it were the 1980 Olympics ...well I was cheering for USA then. I was shocked when they won but there were no NHL players playing. Things are quite different now.

Love this post !

Great to have some Canadian blood in ya, I always cheer for Canadians first, then the U.S.A., and then whoever is left that has bruins on them, Slovakia/Czech/Sweds this year, all I really want to see is great hockey, in which the Olympics always brings about.

My Grandparents were from Philadelphia, (blah) so I have a small amount of American blood in me, goooooooo America.

and thanks.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Yay.

Not.

I hate having to hold my breath hoping none of our key players get hurt in the Olympics.

Not a fan of professional players in the Games.

Wish it was just kept to, you know, amateurs, as it was meant to be.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Yay.

Not.

I hate having to hold my breath hoping none of our key players get hurt in the Olympics.

I kind of like it-however I agree with the worry about injury.

Personally I would kind of like to see the NHL do something similar to how soccer plays in the Olympics with age caps (players must be 23 or younger with 3 exceptions per team). This wouldn't exactly be amateur but it would result in younger players being the core of teams.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Yay.

Not.

Yeah, de Coubertin meant for the Olympics to belong to amateurs, i.e. "gentlemen," who didn't have to concern themselves with making a living.

Ironic that the greatest memory many have of the Olympics came about because the Soviet hockey team consisted of, yes, professionals.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Linus Hugosson ‏@linushugosson 1m
Soderberg "disqualified" from SWE Olympic squad. "He did not handle (the transfer to #Bruins) the right way," coach Marts tells Expressen.

Thats ********

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Soderberg "disqualified" from SWE Olympic squad. "He did not handle (the transfer to #Bruins) the right way," coach Marts tells Expressen.

Thats ********
Is this really a shock to anyone? He burned mega bridges. Maybe if they (SWE Federation) didn't act like brats things would be different.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Is this really a shock to anyone? He burned mega bridges. Maybe if they (SWE Federation) didn't act like brats things would be different.

not a shock but that still doesn't make it right. He finished the season over there. I still don't see what he did that was so wrong.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
not a shock but that still doesn't make it right. He finished the season over there. I still don't see what he did that was so wrong.
International tournaments are viewed much differently in Europe so while i agree with you and think they need to get over it, this is nothing more than them saving face.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Thats ********

Good news for the Bruins, we have enough guys going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad