Confirmed with Link: Bergeron, Lucic, Marshmont, Eriksson, Krejci, Chara and Rask Invited to Olympic Camps

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Totally disagree. looch has became a force on both ends of the ice and his straight line speed is very underrated. With his physical presence in the offensive zone and his ability to open up ice for his line-mates, would make him a huge asset.

Yeah.

Furthermore 2 superstars might prefer to play on a line with that and not a third superstar.

Do people bashing Looch and penciling in Nash over him watch hockey?

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
There is Zero chance Boumeester gets in ahead of Daughty. Many better options.

Bouwmeester is one of not many top left-handed defensemen for Team Canada. Doughty is right-handed, but I don't follow the Kings closely, so maybe he can play on the left as well. But, as far as right-handed defensemen go, I see Weber, Seabrook and Subban ahead of Doughty.

Just my opinion, though!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
It says a lot that five of the Bruins top-six forwards are Olympic bound (and the one who isn't was their captain at the last one). Goes to show you it's not all about gaudy stats.

You wouldn't know that with all the whining and cyring on the main board over Bergeron being selected for the last Olympics. :laugh:

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Yeah.

Furthermore 2 superstars might prefer to play on a line with that and not a third superstar.

Rick Nash has typically performed very well in International events for Canada.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Bouwmeester is one of not many top left-handed defensemen for Team Canada. Doughty is right-handed, but I don't follow the Kings closely, so maybe he can play on the left as well. But, as far as right-handed defensemen go, I see Weber, Seabrook and Subban ahead of Doughty.

Just my opinion, though!

Doughty was arguably Canada's best defenseman in the last Olympics. Hell you could argue he was their best player. Weber is the only one I see ahead of him on the depth chart. Not a chance Seabrook is and I think he gets the nod ahead of PK as well.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Why?

This thread was originally Bruins invited to Team Canada's orientation and a place to discuss Team Canada which is what was happening. At least 51 of 52 posts did.

USA get's their own thread without a single Bruin invited and I think there are enough Canadian fans on this forum to warrant our own thread.

Half serious, half joking.... but someone had to say it

Was only a thought in hopes of making the mods life easier.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Rick Nash has typically performed very well in International events for Canada.

Yeah, being decent for Canada is one of the reasons the guy was so massively overrated and fell flat on his face on the Rangers. But lots of overrated guys could look ok on Team Canada surrounded by all that talent.

I don't see how anyone can say that Nash is worthy and Lucic isn't right now. If 10 wingers make the team why wouldn't Lucic who does what he does much better than anyone else and is the closest thing to an intimidator or enforcer that you'll get aat the olympics not make the team?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't get why people talk about the Olympics as if physical players are less valuable to a team then they would be in the NHL. It's the Olympics, not the all-star game. All the olympic hockey I've seen has been nearly as intense as any NHL playoff game. If anything, a propensity to take too many skill guys and not enough grit has hurt Team Canada in the past. Besides, it's not like Lucic is just a goon. The guy can score goals too, and would actually give them a net front presence on the powerplay.

As for Marchand, I'd love to see him make the team and have a Theo Fleury-like performance.

It does suck to be an American Bruins fan during the olympics, though. I really have to psych myself up to root for a lot of the team USA guys. Also kind of bummed that Timmy didn't get an invite.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Yeah, being decent for Canada is one of the reasons the guy was so massively overrated and fell flat on his face on the Rangers. But lots of overrated guys could look ok on Team Canada surrounded by all that talent.

I don't see how anyone can say that Nash is worthy and Lucic isn't right now. If 10 wingers make the team why wouldn't Lucic who does what he does much better than anyone else and is the closest thing to an intimidator or enforcer that you'll get aat the olympics not make the team?

He had a garbage playoff, but he was a PPG player for the Rags during the regular season.

Nash is a more skilled player than Looch, that's what it boils down to. If this were on NA ice, and NHL sized rink I think the decision would be close. On the bigger ice surface, where physicality and board play will be less of a focus, Nash's better skating and puck skills give him the edge.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Total bias here but I`d wager Paille`s defensive awareness, speed , PK ability would be fantastic on that big ice

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah.

Yup I think Looch could help Canada alot!!! Hopefully he can show them what kind of game changer he really is...

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Imo its a joke some ppl think crosby is a lock. If he plays like he did vs the bruins in the ecf, he should be cut.

If perry has a chance to make it so should lucic. BOth are not the best skaters but bring alot of otger things to the table. Both guys def should be considered over mike richards, carter, jordan staal, kunitz, neal, eberle, ladd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad