Post-Game Talk: Bent But Not Broken | Leafs Win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
People are still pining for Leo freaking Komarov?

Good grief

:facepalm:

We beat the damn Lightning in a super important game and clearly outplayed them. And you want an overpaid 4th line player who never actually fought people? He isnt going to drag Killorn off Freddy. He didnt 5 years ago and he isnt doing it now.
Komarov would call him a slimeball in three or four languages and that's about it.

Reactions: Warden of the North

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Did the Chicago goalie get credit for the win? Thought the Zamboni Driver was the 1st to do this.

Scott Foster was the CHI goalie. He was not credited for the win.

Not sure why Ayres got the win. It was 4-1 when he came in and the Leafs only ended up with 3, he played less than 30 minutes. I suppose I'm thinking in terms of a pitcher.

*edit
From NHL.com

Goaltender
A goaltender receives a win, tie or loss if he is on the ice when either the game-winning or game-tying goal is scored.

Ayres was not on the ice when CAR scored the 4th goal, was he?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Will
Too bad Leafs were missing Muzzin, Mikheyev and Johnsson.

Not sure we'll ever see a full line-up.

Rielly's 1st. game, I'm sure he'll get better.

Sandin and Barrie not the best games. One's a teenager so I suspect he'll earn his contract.

Andersen was good.

Tavares never seems to have any space.

Bottom 6 was okay, thought Clifford had one of his better games.

Hopefully not a meaningless win. Next dozen games will determine that.

Does Sandin get sent to the Marlies to protect that 40 game ELC deal? He’s looked lost at times out there.

Reactions: Duffman955

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto

Not sure why Ayres got the win. It was 4-1 when he came in and the Leafs only ended up with 3, he played less than 30 minutes. I suppose I'm thinking in terms of a pitcher.

*edit
From NHL.com

Goaltender
A goaltender receives a win, tie or loss if he is on the ice when either the game-winning or game-tying goal is scored.

He was.

Carolina was up 3-1 when Mrazek went down. As a result, Clifford got a penalty for Goalie Interference, for which Carolina scored.

Then of course Ayres let in 2 goals, meaning he was on the ice for the game winner

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
He was.

Carolina was up 3-1 when Mrazek went down. As a result, Clifford got a penalty for Goalie Interference, for which Carolina scored.

Then of course Ayres let in 2 goals, meaning he was on the ice for the game winner

Yes, just went a checked the game log. Thx

Reactions: tom leafers

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

*edit
From NHL.com

Goaltender

Must have been 3-1 when he entered the game.

Reactions: egd27

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Will

Does Sandin get sent to the Marlies to protect that 40 game ELC deal? He’s looked lost at times out there.
Yes he does seem to be struggling a bit.
Such is life with rookie defensemen.

That entire sequence leading up to the Tampa goal was a gong show between Sandin and Barrie, followed by Nylander not picking anyone up.

Reactions: MJK

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Great effort in 1st period. Team looked like a team possessed.

2nd period was a good team in TB rebounding from being outplayed in the 1st. But the Leafs did well to hold their push.

3rd period to me was even.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
People are still pining for Leo freaking Komarov?

Good grief

:facepalm:

We beat the damn Lightning in a super important game and clearly outplayed them. And you want an overpaid 4th line player who never actually fought people? He isnt going to drag Killorn off Freddy. He didnt 5 years ago and he isnt doing it now.

Hilarious, NYI fans are turning on this guy big time.

He wasn't a fighter either, or an enforcer of any kind, not sure how he'd help. I do miss Kadri, though.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
One would think so.

Who really needs a Sandin when you have a Marincin?

Rielly-Ceci
Dermott-Holl
Marincin-Barrie
Rosen

Send him down for a couple games and then recall him.
If he has to sit out 1 game I would sit him against Boston

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yes he does seem to be struggling a bit.
Such is life with rookie defensemen.

That entire sequence leading up to the Tampa goal was a gong show between Sandin and Barrie, followed by Nylander not picking anyone up.
And yet the best thing is for him to play....

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
People really expect teams to dominate Tampa for 60 minutes? You think they are going to roll over and allow that?

We played a great game and got the win.

Agreed. If we came at them with that quality of a game, we'd have a shot in a 7 game series.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
People really expect teams to dominate Tampa for 60 minutes? You think they are going to roll over and allow that?

We played a great game and got the win.
You're not going to dominate any Team in the league for 60 minutes.
Teams have let downs during games, the key is limiting them to shifts not periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad