Post-Game Talk: Bent But Not Broken | Leafs Win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Does anyone even remember which team lost to the guy in Chicago? I'm guessing not.
Did the Chicago goalie get credit for the win? Thought the Zamboni Driver was the 1st to do this.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
not guaranteed, we could still end up in a wild card. If Florida was ahead of us in the standings today, we'd be in the 2nd wildcard spot over CBJ

Sure, nothing is guaranteed.

But if Florida overtakes the Leafs for 3rd, unless Florida gets insanely hot, that probably means the Leafs didn't play well enough to hold 3rd.

If they don't play well enough to hold third, it is very unlikely that 3 of CAR, NYI, CBJ, NYR will fold bad enough to give them the 2nd WC.

*based on %, NYI still hold WC2

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Sure, nothing is guaranteed.

But if Florida overtakes the Leafs for 3rd, unless Florida gets insanely hot, that probably means the Leafs didn't play well enough to hold 3rd.

If they don't play well enough to hold third, it is very unlikely that 3 of CAR, NYI, CBJ, NYR will fold bad enough to give them the 2nd WC.

*based on %, NYI still hold WC2
Right, all it would take is Florida going on a run and us not being awful to land in a wildcard, just saying there's enough of a chance to account for

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Too bad Leafs were missing Muzzin, Mikheyev and Johnsson.

Not sure we'll ever see a full line-up.

Rielly's 1st. game, I'm sure he'll get better.

Sandin and Barrie not the best games. One's a teenager so I suspect he'll earn his contract.

Andersen was good.

Tavares never seems to have any space.

Bottom 6 was okay, thought Clifford had one of his better games.

Hopefully not a meaningless win. Next dozen games will determine that.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I would have said his challenge is in season consistency, when he's on he's a world beater but when he's struggling he really does it tough

Focusing on the bad tends to happen with most fans and fan bases, most people want perfection which is a bit of a problem :laugh:
I just keep in mind he's the best starter we've had since Belfour. Context.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Too bad Leafs were missing Muzzin, Mikheyev and Johnsson.

Not sure we'll ever see a full line-up.

Rielly's 1st. game, I'm sure he'll get better.

Sandin and Barrie not the best games. One's a teenager so I suspect he'll earn his contract.

Andersen was good.

Tavares never seems to have any space.

Bottom 6 was okay, thought Clifford had one of his better games.

Hopefully not a meaningless win. Next dozen games will determine that.

To expect a full lineup for a full season is unrealistic. Never going to happen.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
People are still pining for Leo freaking Komarov?

Good grief

:facepalm:

We beat the damn Lightning in a super important game and clearly outplayed them. And you want an overpaid 4th line player who never actually fought people? He isnt going to drag Killorn off Freddy. He didnt 5 years ago and he isnt doing it now.

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I hate to say this but this team needs Leo and Martin back. No sense of team with these guys, no one sticks up for anyone

I get it. I hated seeing Andersen get tackled with no response.

I just hope TOR doesn't wait for the refs to aid them in a chippy playoff series.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Completely dominated the first period, to the point where I believe they could win the cup if they could just maintain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad