B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Boro probably wants something like $5 x5 [mod] ... he blocks shots , hits , fights ? Why wouldn’t he want that type of pay day ?

The term looks about right but the salary is too high. I suspect he would want about $3M per. I also suspect the Senators might have offered $2M for 2 or 3 years, or said there is no money available due to COVID.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The term looks about right but the salary is too high. I suspect he would want about $3M per. I also suspect the Senators might have offered $2M for 2 or 3 years, or said there is no money available due to COVID.

My thought would be that he would initially be throwing around $4+ type AAV. I agree he would likely take $3 x 5 as a “happy” final bargaining position. I don’t think he would start at $3 being worried he ends up with $2.5 x 3 or something .. which in the end may be as good or better than he gets.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
My thought would be that he would initially be throwing around $4+ type AAV. I agree he would likely take $3 x 5 as a “happy” final bargaining position. I don’t think he would start at $3 being worried he ends up with $2.5 x 3 or something .. which in the end may be as good or better than he gets.

I suspect many if not most NHL teams will have financial issues that will haunt some UFAs in the near future. Players like Boro will have difficulty getting the term and salary they expected prior to COVID and could price themselves out of an NHL job if they persist too long looking for that.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I suspect many if not most NHL teams will have financial issues that will haunt some UFAs in the near future. Players like Boro will have difficulty getting the term and salary they expected prior to COVID and could price themselves out of an NHL job if they persist too long looking for that.

Oh I completely agree ... but I don’t think they he is taking $1.5 today from the Sens which forces the breakup while he looks elsewhere.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
So many wanted Boro gone & yet Tampa has Luke Schenn playing regular minutes on their team & Bogosian who so many thought was done. I don't get it.

Reactions: Sweatred

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
So many wanted Boro gone & yet Tampa has Luke Schenn playing regular minutes on their team & Bogosian who so many thought was done. I don't get it.

Boro played quite well this past season and probably improved enough to earn a new contract with the Sens; however the COVID crisis has worsened the Senator’s financial situation which probably means he will be replaced by a less expensive player. I think there is a place for him but he might not get the salary offer and term he thinks he earned. Bad timing for him and others who are UFAs this off-season.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Kinda makes you think the Sens might be trying to include Balcers in some trade packages and don't want to risk him getting injured. Otherwise I'm not sure why they wouldn't want him playing.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Kinda makes you think the Sens might be trying to include Balcers in some trade packages and don't want to risk him getting injured. Otherwise I'm not sure why they wouldn't want him playing.
He’s an RFA so he might not want to play either because of the injury risk

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It was fine until Dorion went to Melnyk with it..."He's going to play where?... not one of my players."

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Both those guys are infinitely better than Boro in every aspect of the game.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You think Luke Schenn is better than Boro? NO f***ING WAY. He was almost out of the league a number of yrs ago & Bogosian looked done in Buffalo. It's because they are on a much better team that they are being sheltered & assisted by their partners.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Because those type of players are pretty easy to get under $1.5M without term. What the Sens need to focus on is getting a Hedman, McDonagh and Sergachev first. Those bottom pairing dmen can easily be found.

You're exaggerating.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He went to an OHL team. Best of luck.

If it was like Piero Greco moving to NHL... okay I would worry.

Exactly. Why would a coach responsible for developing Hogberg, Daccord, Gustavsson , with a couple more coming in Soogard and Mandolese leave a pro coaching job to go to the OHL though:?

Reactions: DrEasy

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Exactly. Why would a coach responsible for developing Hogberg, Daccord, Gustavsson , with a couple more coming in Soogard and Mandolese leave a pro coaching job to go to the OHL though:?

There might not be an AHL season and/or Melnyk might decide to have one goaltending coach for both levels?

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Is there any concern for Bellville being depleted to fill the many holes on the big club roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad