B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Feels like we have a bit of a prospect gap after the end of the log jam of Brown/Abramov/Norris/Form
in Belleville.

Kastelic may play there this year ? Pinto is a year away ?Gruden ? Kelly ? Baptiste ? The 2020 pics are all a year+ away.

We have a prospect gap of 1-2 years here which is probably okay as the log jam clears through the NHL.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Feels like we have a bit of a prospect gap after the end of the log jam of Brown/Abramov/Norris/Form
in Belleville.

Kastelic may play there this year ? Pinto is a year away ?Gruden ? Kelly ? Baptiste ? The 2020 pics are all a year+ away.

We have a prospect gap of 1-2 years here which is probably okay as the log jam clears through the NHL.
And hopefully gets us through the Seattle expansion draft without losing a good player. It's also why I think this team is 2 to 5 yrs away from contending.

Last edited:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I'm thinking Seattle looks hard at Daccord/Gustavson. Even more if we either draft a goalie high or trade for a starter which will expose Hogberg

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
When do we get a Belleville 2020-21 thread ?
Wonder if they even get a season. There will be a serious impact if University and AHL do not play this year. Great for Euro leagues I guess but tough here at home.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
D Jordan Murray

Didn’t know much about him but on an AHL contract was one of the leading scorers amongst D in the league.

Is there NHL potential as a late bloomer or is this the limit?

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Jordan Murray will be 28 this December. Most likely, he stays in the AHL as a solid veteran. Maybe he gets a call up to the NHL as placeholder. He'll probably end up signing with a European club in the future.

Reactions: God Says No

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Jordan Murray is like the Brendan Bells of this world, talented hockey player but big holes in his game. The difference with 10-15 years ago is that the pool of hockey talent continued to increase while the number of jobs available did not (1 more team) so it's even harder to make the NHL now and guys like that will always be beaten by more complete players. From what I have read and seen, his defensive game might not be NHL level.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's too bad the Belleville Senators never got the opportunity to play in the playoffs this yr & to challenge for a Calder Cup. I think there are a number of guys who could have done their reputation a great boost with a cup run like L. Brown & others. That might have hurt their development more than anything the Sens could have ever done.

I guess that could be the same for every league & hundreds if not thousands of athletes around the world. But it makes you wonder what some of these guys on this team at this time could have done. How good could Norris have been in the playoffs? How many breakaways could Formenton have scored on? Who else could have stepped up to be the hero?

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I like Formenton a lot. I've seen him live a few times and he plays like a bull in a china shop. His physical game doesn't get nearly enough talk. He's got a nasty style that goes nicely with the elite speed. Once he builds confidence in the NHL, I think we'll have Mike Fisher 6.0.

Actually, maybe a Vermette-Fisher hybrid! So no more debate

I have Formenton ranked at 4 ,his game looks to be more nhl ready than some in our pool

NHL readiness is just one factor among plenty others.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

We think alike,I really love his agressive playstyle,always attacking and mixing it up in the corners....I dont think his game will change that much at all when he reaches the NHL ,which is a good thing

Reactions: Xspyrit and aragorn

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I like Formenton a lot. I've seen him live a few times and he plays like a bull in a china shop. His physical game doesn't get nearly enough talk. He's got a nasty style that goes nicely with the elite speed. Once he builds confidence in the NHL, I think we'll have Mike Fisher 6.0.
Fisher with some Brad Marchand mixed in, he is gonna be one heck of a player in my estimation. Love the edge to his game, between him and Brady he will be dragging his linemates into the fight on a nightly basis whether they want to be or not. I am hoping this will be the identity of the team.

He doesnt play like Vermette i dont think, less fancy way more abraisive. He might be alot like a wiery Tom Wilson. Honestly dont think the sens have ever had a player like him.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Fisher with some Brad Marchand mixed in, he is gonna be one heck of a player in my estimation. Love the edge to his game, between him and Brady he will be dragging his linemates into the fight on a nightly basis whether they want to be or not. I am hoping this will be the identity of the team.

He doesnt play like Vermette i dont think, less fancy way more abraisive. He might be alot like a wiery Tom Wilson. Honestly dont think the sens have ever had a player like him.

I know that's why I said Fisher-Vermette hybrid, fisher for his abrasive style, Vermette for speed and breakaway potential. Not that Fisher wasn't fast but Vermette was super fast, a good 2-way player and tenacious as well. Fisher was a bulldozer, you rarely see a player as strong as Fisher was so hard to expect Forms to be like Fish

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I know that's why I said Fisher-Vermette hybrid, fisher for his abrasive style, Vermette for speed and breakaway potential. Not that Fisher wasn't fast but Vermette was super fast, a good 2-way player and tenacious as well. Fisher was a bulldozer, you rarely see a player as strong as Fisher was so hard to expect Forms to be like Fish
I think he is gonna be better than both of them. Or i personally like that type of player more.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think he is gonna be better than both of them. Or i personally like that type of player more.

Then we are golden because we are going to produce several NHL players as good or even better in the next few years. Unless Dorion completely flops this draft but seriously even Muckler couldn't flop the 1st round. It's actually Dorion's time to shine, his big career opportunity as he could set the franchise for a long time. Having 10 picks in the top-100 of THIS draft is insane. It's like drafting in a 10 teams league.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hope so. Fishers tools allowed him to have completely dominating shifts/games. He was sooooo physically strong. Could look like Crosby out there at times. Formenton looks like he has better offensive awareness

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I hope you are right. I love Formentons trajectory. I favour prospects who develop like Forms, Norris and Tkachuk as opposed to the Kaliyev type who I feel will drop off offensively as he moves up each level of competition.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
And hopefully gets us through the Seattle expansion draft without losing a good player. It's also why I think this team is 2 to 5 yrs away from contending.

5 years!? In 5 years Chabot will be the same age as Karlsson and Stone were when our window with them was deemed to be closed.

We’ve already been a basement team for 3 seasons, and there’s no such thing as an 8 year rebuild. That’s just called being a dead end organization (see: Buffalo).

We should be a playoff team 21/22, without question. If we aren’t, it means our prospect pool was never very good and we shit the bed in this upcoming draft.

In 5 years we should be in the second half of our “window”.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad