B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
February 5th? The season usually ends 7 weeks later.

May as well just admit that there won't be an AHL season this year.
The NHL and AHL should just run a series of bubbles with divisional tournaments that lead into bubble playoffs. Its nice to have prospects in 60+ pro games but 20+ games with a lot on the line would be a fun format, similar to the NCAA. Keep everyone safe.

Reactions: OD99 and DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Great interview. Mann basically described Norris as the second coming of the almighty.

Agreed really good interview. Very good feedback on Brannstrom with Sanderson and Kleven coming on the left side .. and if Brannstrom might be better on the right side.. I totally agree with what he's saying , about playing your off side in your own end under pressure.

Good Logan Brown feedback as well. Complimentary with areas he needs to improve at.. staying healthy a big part of that.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Interview with Mann was great

Hey thanks! listening
EDIT: we are lucky to have these Mann bros. working for us. Seriously. KEEP THEM AROUND
(Love the Brown talk)

Last edited:

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Great interview. I know graeme has been critical of the sens for signing a bunch of nhl players, he thinks the org is blocking the path to the nhl for our young prospects. I was happy to hear Troy school him on why he is wrong about that

Agreed. I like the approach that the prospect has to prove they belong.

It was an interesting comment Mann made about the third year pro. If a player is sent down in the third year of their entry deal, all kinds of doubt and insecurity start creeping into their psyche. This will be Logan's third year. This season really is pivotal for him.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Agreed. I like the approach that the prospect has to prove they belong.

It was an interesting comment Mann made about the third year pro. If a player is sent down in the third year of their entry deal, all kinds of doubt and insecurity start creeping into their psyche. This will be Logan's third year. This season really is pivotal for him.
Absolutely. He also mentioned Norris, Formenton and Kelly as players who “met the coaching staff half way.” No mention of Brown. If I had to speculate, I’d say that there are concerns of where Brown is at with his conditioning and his attitude. I think Mann was hinting at the possibility that Brown might end up back in Belleville and he was going to have to improve his conditioning and his attitude if he wanted to move on to the next level. Such a big year for Logan.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
When he says Abramov won't be a 30 goal scorer in the NHL he means he's going to be a 40 goal scorer, right?

hahahaha

On another note:

On L. Brown I have said a number of times & this is from people who know him, it's all between the ears with that guy & how badly he wants it. Hopefully, it's not another situation where his dad wants him to be a pro hockey player more than the kid. He's got all the tools to be a very good 1st line centre in the NHL, but does he have the drive, the determination, does he actually want it bad enough to work even harder than he has ever before to take a job away from someone else?

That I'm not sure about.

When Chris Pronger was drafted 2nd overall behind Daigle I think, he had a tough time adjusting & it wasn't until he was traded from Hartford & had to admit himself into a rehab program that he finally turned his life around & got serious about hockey & became a top NHL defenceman. Whether some guys think they are entitled because of who their fathers were or because of their natural talents every player has to win their jobs the old fashion way eventually. They have to take the job on their own merit, no one is going to give him anything, these are people's livelihoods & only the best survive.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
hahahaha

On another note:

On L. Brown I have said a number of times & this is from people who know him, it's all between the ears with that guy & how badly he wants it. Hopefully, it's not another situation where his dad wants him to be a pro hockey player more than the kid. He's got all the tools to be a very good 1st line centre in the NHL, but does he have the drive, the determination, does he actually want it bad enough to work even harder than he has ever before to take a job away from someone else?

That I'm not sure about.

When Chris Pronger was drafted 2nd overall behind Daigle I think, he had a tough time adjusting & it wasn't until he was traded from Hartford & had to admit himself into a rehab program that he finally turned his life around & got serious about hockey & became a top NHL defenceman. Whether some guys think they are entitled because of who their fathers were or because of their natural talents every player has to win their jobs the old fashion way eventually. They have to take the job on their own merit, no one is going to give him anything, these are people's livelihoods & only the best survive.

Not every players blows up the AHL before they get a chance - Brown’s AHL production is much closer to Stones’s best AHL production than Dzingle/White’s best. Lots of players are “given” chances.

Reactions: aragorn

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Great interview. I know graeme has been critical of the sens for signing a bunch of nhl players, he thinks the org is blocking the path to the nhl for our young prospects. I was happy to hear Troy school him on why he is wrong about that

Yes, players must earn a spot, but I recall in the past some players did earn a spot and were demoted due to NHL one-way contracts held by other players. Of course, it can take some time to make a trade to open up a spot.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
hahahaha

On another note:

That I'm not sure about.

Mann also mentioned that L. Brown has suffered injuries which have held him back. I wonder what this injury proneness may be attributed to. Is his body inherently weak? Does he need to build greater strength and conditioning?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Mann also mentioned that L. Brown has suffered injuries which have held him back. I wonder what this injury proneness may be attributed to. Is his body inherently weak? Does he need to build greater strength and conditioning?
Don't know, but it wouldn't hurt to work with L. Brown every off season to get his body a little more ready for the NHL game.

Reactions: Icelevel

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He gained a lit of muscle last year. He put the time in, maybe he should work more on explosive speed and endurance to give him more of the motor people want to see from him?

I find with young players, when they make a major body change they usually take a year or so to acclimate, and they really struggle in the meantime. Kotkaniemi is a perfect example but you see it all the time. A player gains or loses a lot of weight and they struggle to adjust. Thats not to say that they did the wrong thing... these changes just dont always, or often, translate into instant gratification. It's all about building things up bit by bit into a complete package; the nature of the NHL schedule makes that more difficult to do in a linear fashion than were you simply hitting the gym for the sake of improving your fitness.

Brown, as a huge kid who didnt start weight-training until later than most elite athletes (or, at this point, most people in general!), was always going to be behind in that aspect of the game for a bit. If he's been putting in the work, he should be catching up.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I have 2 guesses about the announcement: either the Sens have decided to extend their contract with the city of Belleville, which they have the option of. Or, the Sens are going to build one of their outdoor community rinks in Belleville, which there has also been prior discussion of with the city.

Reactions: Sweatred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad