B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Although we will lose a lot of offensive talent to the Sens this year, there will be a good chance Belville will go far on their D: Thomson, Brannstrom, Zub, Lajoie, Jaros (if signed to 2way), Aspirot, Alsing. Good opportunity for Brannstrom and Thomson to be “the guy” to bring the offence.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Where to? Nashville? Detroit? Who has more opportunity on the back-end than us?
He's a right shot D & Thomson, JBD both play the right side & are likely ahead of him on the depth chart. Add to that that Ottawa signed Zub RD & traded for J. Brown & Gudbranson who are also right shot defencemen. Even Brannstrom who is a left shot prefers to play the right side & they still have Zaitsev for a few yrs another right shot D. It's getting very crowded on the right side & I don't see room for Jaros long term on this team.

The left side could use some better depth & they may have addressed that at the draft by adding Sanderson & Kleven for the long term.

Reactions: Sweatred

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I’m assuming Jaros will be close to asking for a trade soon ...

Yeah. I mean he wants an opportunity and the team brings in not one but 2 older 3rd pairing RD...

I don't think we'll see Jaros in a Sens uniform much longer. Too bad, I liked him.

Unfortunately, it's possible that he has to go back to Europe if no one gives him another opportunity to establish himself

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
At Trade deadline we send a player, with prospect and maybe a pick to get another 1st. I am wondering if the Gundbranson signing meant that we we dealing a D (Wolanin? Zaitsev?) for a more skilled player or a 2021 pick.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
So which new prospects are eligible (and likely) to play for B-Sens next year? Sokolov, Kastelic, Crookshank, Novak, and Mandolese?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO the Sens will probably add at least a couple more players before the season starts at the NHL level as well as the AHL level. These aren't really lineups more just placing guys where they could be playing to start the season. I assume they will try & move their UFAs at the trade deadline.

Ottawa Senators 2020-2021 Roster:

Tkachuk - Tierny - Batherson - L. Brown eventually replaces Tierny on the roster
Stutzle - White - C. Brown - Sokolov could move up to the NHL this season & replace Balcers
Paul - L. Brown - Balcers - Norris eventually replaces L. Brown on the 3rd line
Formenton - Anisimov - Watson - Chlapik eventually replaces Anisimov on the roster

Chabot - Gudbranson - Thomson eventually replaces Gudbranson on the roster
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Reilly - J. Brown/ - Brannstrom eventually replaces Reilly on the roster

Murray - Hogberg/Daccord

Belleville Senators 2020-2021 Roster:

Reinhardt - Norris - Sokolov - Beaudin moves up to the top line eventually, Reinhardt needs a contract
Peca - Chlapik - Davidsson - Carcone moves up in the lineup to play centre
Kelly - Beaudin - Abramov - Kelly move into the centre spot & Novak fills his LW spot
Engstrand - Kastelic - Shaw - Engstrand needs a contract
Novak - Carcone - these two could replace Norris & Chlapik on the roster, if Novak gets a contract he could start the season in the ECHL. Crookshank is another possibility, if he leaves school.

Brannstrom - Thomson
Lajoie - Zub
Aspirot - Jaros

Daccord - Gustavsson/Mandolese (ECHL)

Last edited:
Reactions: IamJust0ne

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
The ECHL has announced a really weird format for next season. 13 American teams start the season December 11th. The remaining 11, including Brampton, start January 15th, assuming they get approval from their respective governments. Atlanta have decided to sit out the season.

Assuming those dates hold, we'll probably see a lot of players who usually would be too good for the ECHL start the season there, just to get some games in before NHL/AHL get under way.

I wouldn't mind seeing Parker Kelly, Egor Sokolov, Jonathan Davidsson and Jonathan Aspirot join Mandolese in Brampton just so they aren't sitting out for almost a full calendar year.

ECHL confirms start date for 2020-21 Season

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So which new prospects are eligible (and likely) to play for B-Sens next year? Sokolov, Kastelic, Crookshank, Novak, and Mandolese?

Sokolov and Kastelic, yes. Mandolese is a maybe, I think he will get some games but Gustavsson and Daccord are still in Belleville so they will bring him along slow.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Sokolov and Kastelic, yes. Mandolese is a maybe, I think he will get some games but Gustavsson and Daccord are still in Belleville so they will bring him along slow.

Mann also mentioned Reinhartd as a possibility during his interview, I believe. I know he brought up Sokolov as someone who was definitely ready, but also someone else who he said could be ready. By process of elimination I'm pretty sure its Reinhardt, although I'm sure someone else remembers.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Mann also mentioned Reinhartd as a possibility during his interview, I believe. I know he brought up Sokolov as someone who was definitely ready, but also someone else who he said could be ready. By process of elimination I'm pretty sure its Reinhardt, although I'm sure someone else remembers.
Its also a possibility that he goes back as an over ager. 3 20 year olds :shakehead

Reactions: Icelevel

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They signed Shaw I assume to play in Belleville, why not bring in Reinhardt, Sokolov & Engstrand to play there as well. They all add some size & Reindhardt & Sokolov have shown they can score some goals in junior, time to see if they can do it in the AHL as well. At the least they add some depth & could play in the ECHL until a roster spot opens up for them. I think Mandolese starts the yr in Brampton whenever they get started.

I wonder if any Europeans who could play in Belleville stay in their countries this yr because of Covid rather than come over in a yr where it's a shorten season & Ottawa might suck, although Belleville could still be good? I definitely think Sokolov will play this season in Ottawa or Belleville or both.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
IMO the Sens will probably add at least a couple more players before the season starts at the NHL level as well as the AHL level. These aren't really lineups more just placing guys where they could be playing to start the season. I assume they will try & move their UFAs at the trade deadline.

Ottawa Senators 2020-2021 Roster:

Tkachuk - Tierny - Batherson - L. Brown eventually replaces Tierny on the roster
Stutzle - White - C. Brown - Sokolov could move up to the NHL this season & replace Balcers
Paul - L. Brown - Balcers - Norris eventually replaces L. Brown on the 3rd line
Formenton - Anisimov - Watson - Chlapik eventually replaces Anisimov on the roster

Chabot - Gudbranson - Thomson eventually replaces Gudbranson on the roster
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Reilly - J. Brown/ - Brannstrom eventually replaces Reilly on the roster

Murray - Hogberg/Daccord

Belleville Senators 2020-2021 Roster:

Reinhardt - Norris - Sokolov - Beaudin moves up to the top line eventually, Reinhardt needs a contract
Peca - Chlapik - Davidsson - Carcone moves up in the lineup to play centre
Kelly - Beaudin - Abramov - Kelly move into the centre spot & Novak fills his LW spot
Engstrand - Kastelic - Shaw - Engstrand needs a contract
Novak - Carcone - these two could replace Norris & Chlapik on the roster, if Novak gets a contract he could start the season in the ECHL. Crookshank is another possibility, if he leaves school.

Brannstrom - Thomson
Lajoie - Zub
Aspirot - Jaros

Daccord - Gustavsson/Mandolese (ECHL)
Adding Dandanov certainly upgrades the lineups from top to bottom. I think Norris is up before Brown and I prefer to develop Stuetzle as a Centre not a LW. What are your thoughts on that?

Bilbo

Jul 22, 2011
Montreal
Adding Dandanov certainly upgrades the lineups from top to bottom. I think Norris is up before Brown and I prefer to develop Stuetzle as a Centre not a LW. What are your thoughts on that?
I believe Stuetzle should start the year in Belleville playing center (assuming the AHL is playing). Let him adapt to playing center and North American hockey on the smaller ice surface without the additional pressure/expectations of a hi European draft pick starting in the NHL. Revaluate playing center and a potential promotion to the NHL based on his performance. There is no reason to rush his development given the state of the Sens.

Last edited:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I concur. Let him play the North American game as a centre. We know he can transition LW if needed but if he could dominate as a centre it could be franchise altering.

Reactions: Frank8

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
At Trade deadline we send a player, with prospect and maybe a pick to get another 1st. I am wondering if the Gundbranson signing meant that we we dealing a D (Wolanin? Zaitsev?) for a more skilled player or a 2021 pick.

Gudbranson is a UFA & it wouldn't surprise me if someone wants him at the trade deadline for a playoff run than I think PD moves him especially if it's a decent return. I don't see a reason to keep him beyond this yr given the right side defencemen that are here & coming. IMO Jaros could probably finish next season at RD if Gudbranson is moved out.

Well it's an interesting point that Stuetzle could go to the AHL to play centre & learn the NA game down there & it could happen. It could also be that he stays in Germany for another yr continuing to play centre there on a team that he knows & knows him where he already plays centre & stay with his family a little longer. PD has said that he doubts Stuetzle starts the season at centre since it is the most important & difficult position to learn in the pros & we have seen that with other young centres starting their pro careers on the wing. I haven't heard any talk about whether he goes to the AHL to start his career or not, except on here, somehow I doubt it, but what do I know. He could be more dynamic at centre & more of a playmaker, but he could also be a pretty good goal scorer from the wing & add a dimension that is also needed. It's great to be a good playmaker & Ottawa could use another one, but you also need players who can put the puck in the net. It will be interesting what they decide whether they need another playmaker more or another goal scorer more, he could also do both.

Personally, I like L. Brown & Norris at centre in the future with Stuetzle, Tkachuk, Dadonov & Batherson rounding out the top six. I think that White being a little better defensively would make a decent 3rd line centre, if he could add a little more muscle to his frame. Add Formenton or Jarventie on the left side & Pinto or Sokolov on the right side & they come away with a very decent top 9. Whoever doesn't make that 3rd line improves the 4th line with either Paul or Kastelic centering the 4th line & giving it a little more offence. They are going to be bigger, tougher, much more skilled, difficult to play against & could dominate games physically wearing teams down with their size, weight & tenacious forecheck & hitting. I like the team they are building whether it all works out that way remains to be seen.

Last edited:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Gudbranson is a UFA & it wouldn't surprise me if someone wants him at the trade deadline for a playoff run than I think PD moves him especially if it's a decent return. I don't see a reason to keep him beyond this yr given the right side defencemen that are here & coming. IMO Jaros could probably finish next season at RD if Gudbranson is moved out.

Well it's an interesting point that Stuetzle could go to the AHL to play centre & learn the NA game down there & it could happen. It could also be that he stays in Germany for another yr continuing to play centre there on a team that he knows & knows him where he already plays centre & stay with his family a little longer. PD has said that he doubts Stuetzle starts the season at centre since it is the most important & difficult position to learn in the pros & we have seen that with other young centres starting their pro careers on the wing. I haven't heard any talk about whether he goes to the AHL to start his career or not, except on here, somehow I doubt it, but what do I know. He could be more dynamic at centre & more of a playmaker, but he could also be a pretty good goal scorer from the wing & add a dimension that is also needed. It's great to be a good playmaker & Ottawa could use another one, but you also need players who can put the puck in the net. It will be interesting what they decide whether they need another playmaker more or another goal scorer more, he could also do both.

Personally, I like L. Brown & Norris at centre in the future with Stuetzle, Tkachuk, Dadonov & Batherson rounding out the top six. I think that White being a little better defensively would make a decent 3rd line centre, if he could add a little more muscle to his frame. Add Formenton or Jarventie on the left side & Pinto or Sokolov on the right side & they come away with a very decent top 9. Whoever doesn't make that 3rd line improves the 4th line with either Paul or Kastelic centering the 4th line & giving it a little more offence. They are going to be bigger, tougher, much more skilled, difficult to play against & could dominate games physically wearing teams down with their size, weight & tenacious forecheck & hitting. I like the team they are building whether it all works out the way remains to be seen.
Good points all round. I find myself in the camp of letting Stuetzle really develop as a centre. I think it is his preference as well. For me it’s like trying someone who is great at hurdles as a pure runner. Many of the skills will translate but the mindset is different and the nuance of clearing hurdles is not addressed. yes, he can be a dynamic different maker on the wing, I just wonder about the cost to o him as a centre.
Brown I could see transition to wing sooner than Stuetzle, and I’d also prefer to let him focus as a centre so we see if he can do it.
I do agree that out of Norris, Brown and Stuetzle there are only two spots Top 6.

Reactions: aragorn

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I do agree that out of Norris, Brown and Stuetzle there are only two spots Top 6.

When I saw the names cropping up like Brown, Pinto, Stuetzle, Norris and White, it reminded me a bit of Buffalo in the 2000s where they rolled three lines as opposed to two.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
When I saw the names cropping up like Brown, Pinto, Stuetzle, Norris and White, it reminded me a bit of Buffalo in the 2000s where they rolled three lines as opposed to two.
At some future point I would like to see them roll four lines who can all contribute something, but it doesn't necessarily have to be goals although the more the better.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
AHL now looking at a start date of Feb 5/21

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … American Hockey League President and CEO Scott Howson has announced that the league’s Board of Governors has approved moving the anticipated start date of the 2020-21 season to February 5, 2021, due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health crisis.
The AHL continues to work with its member clubs to monitor developments and local guidelines in all 31 league cities. Further details regarding the 2020-21 American Hockey League season are still to be determined.
In operation since 1936, the AHL serves as the top development league for all 31 National Hockey League teams. Nearly 90 percent of today’s NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and more than 100 honored members of the Hockey Hall of Fame spent time in the AHL in their careers.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
February 5th? The season usually ends 7 weeks later.

May as well just admit that there won't be an AHL season this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad