Pre-Game Talk: Behold, the Era of Sabourin to begin tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
If Sabourin gets in, I like it. He won't play much but it gets some money on the board and probably keeps the lads interested/focused.

I would not be adverse to seeing Vesey or Kerfoot out of the lineup. Not sure what Soupman will be able to do with those other turds on that line.

Jumbo on line 1 is still interesting to me... its clear Hyman helps them... but I guess he helps any line and JT+Willie need more help right now.

Reactions: geo25

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That interest was in him as a UFA though. Trading for him could be different. Lindholm also had more of an opportunity to prove his worth. A team with an injury situation could change things in a hurry though and I'd agree that a 7th or a bubble player wouldn't be out of the question as a return.

Well the cost would be inconsequential, so I don't see how being a UFA really affects anything. Teams wouldn't care about giving up a 7th for him if they had any kind of legit interest in him as a UFA.

Reactions: Buds17

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
Personally I believe Anderson is our best option on the 4th line. The team scrimmage and his one game he showed a lot of jam, was a good skater and gave a big effort. Seemed obvious to me but I guess he doesn't show it practice

Reactions: hockeynorth

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

It would be great if he pans out. With players like Robertson and Simmons due back in a little while, there is the potential for balance in the lineup up front.

It is critical for playoff success. The checking imbalance from last nights loss to the Habs is a reminder that this team needs the prospect of different looks.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Personally I believe Anderson is our best option on the 4th line. The team scrimmage and his one game he showed a lot of jam, was a good skater and gave a big effort. Seemed obvious to me but I guess he doesn't show it practice

I hope he gets another chance in this lineup.

Reactions: Lumberg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
People need to not take this game lightly.

The Sens put up a ton of shots.

The Leafs should definitely not take the Sens lightly. Just stomp them like the Canucks Game 1 and repeat the next two games after. They're easy points and there's no reason to not put in an honest effort level, pad the stats and move on.

Reactions: Warden of the North

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Dubas officially a dinosaur, can we please get a younger GM with even thicker glasses

There might be one or two fresh faces available

bubbles.gif

Reactions: Stigma

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Except what you see in that clip is literally all he brings. He is not a half-decent skater, he has no defensive or offensive game, and fighting is all he brings. It's like putting Colton Orr back in the lineup.

He is a negative value player.
I disagreed yesterday and I disagree today. He brings some energy and disturbance. He will crash the net. Although he is not afraid to drop the gloves, and tried to come up the ranks as a face puncher, he has changed his game and picks his spots and plays with some intelligence.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I believe Murray is out and the backup has lost his net a few times. Time to rack up the points Mitch.
McDavid and Draisaitl play approximately 2 minutes more powerplay time per game than Marner as the top two scoring leaders. All 4 besides Marner in the top five play more powerplay time by at least a minute. Keefe should pull Willy off the Tavares powerplay line and leave Marner on. Reason being Willy has ZERO powerplay goals in the last 14 games ha.

Reactions: ToneDog

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I disagreed yesterday and I disagree today. He brings some energy and disturbance. He will crash the net. Although he is not afraid to drop the gloves, and tried to come up the ranks as a face puncher, he has changed his game and picks his spots and plays with some intelligence.
Yeah he does all that. He plays hard,he’s plays to keep the puck out and he pkays with jam. He won’t let any sh!t go on against his mates. I hear ya, he’ll prove you right tomorrow

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I still don't know how Vesey is still in the lineup but I figure once Robertson gets a few games in the Marlies lineup he should be called up for his big chance, he better not look completely lost on the Marlies or he may not get a sniff tho

I’m going with naked pics of Keefe. Vesey blows.

Reactions: geo25

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
There is no evidence of this. Hopefully he gets only 4 mins or less.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
My goodness it is a sad state of affairs when we have fans who are clamouring to have an AHL 4th liner like Sabourin in the lineup, yet think guys like Vesey are useless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad