Pre-Game Talk: Behold, the Era of Sabourin to begin tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
There is no evidence of this. Hopefully he gets only 4 mins or less.

In fairness a player needs more than 90 seconds a period to prove his worth.
Everything is cyclical and maybe Dubas brings back the snarl and forces others to match our toughness LOL.
No harm playing Sab over Barabanov and his 7 minutes. At least Sab brings an element.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
In fairness a player needs more than 90 seconds a period to prove his worth.
Everything is cyclical and maybe Dubas brings back the snarl and forces others to match our toughness LOL.
No harm playing Sab over Barabanov and his 7 minutes. At least Sab brings an element.
The element is only useful if the player is an NHL player which he isn't.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Welcome back Joe. Hopefully that Matthews' line will continue to roll and Hyman can help get the offense going on the JT line.

Soup-Kerfoot-Engvall is a solid third line.

That leaves Vesey-Spezza-Boyd on the fourth line?

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Vesey's going to have to show some spark on the forecheck. He's solid defensively, but hasn't shown much offensively, and in order to make an impact lower in the lineup he really needs to be more disruptive and tenacious, and win those battles.

Glad Keefe is seeing this.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Welcome back Joe. Hopefully that Matthews' line will continue to roll and Hyman can help get the offense going on the JT line.

Soup-Kerfoot-Engvall is a solid third line.

That leaves Vesey-Spezza-Boyd on the fourth line?
Gotta disagree on the third line - they're not providing much if anything

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
On paper our Leafs should sweep this 3 game series against Ottawa who are the undisputed worst team in the NHL managing only 7 points after 16 games.

In reality however Ottawa has already beaten the Leafs once this year, so taking the Sens for granted and looking past them would be a big mistake.
I think Ottawa came out hot and Leafs did underestimate them a bit in the first game. They will be fine this time I think.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Hogberg in for Ottawa. I want a touchdown!

He's sporting a .859 save percentage on the season with a 4.4 gaa
There's no way you don't beat us by a TD even with 23 Sabourin on your roster
Hogberg is that bad lol
Best offense vs worst D

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
There's no way you don't beat us by a TD even with 23 Sabourin on your roster
Hogberg is that bad lol
Best offense vs worst D
Sabourin isn't even in...Keefe is just playing mind games to keep everyone motivated.

Honestly with Muarry being a question mark even before the season, I'm surprised you guys didn't sign a cheap veteran back up for stability

Reactions: Alex1234

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If Hoberg is in, no excuses to not show up tonight. Opportunity for the Tavares line to break out of their slump. Also a prime chance for Matthews to get back in the goal column.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
3E953138-A01B-4944-B05E-C96F8A7297F5.jpeg

I don’t think Vesey is useless, I don’t even think Martin Marincin is useless.

I do think that Vesey hasn’t performed at the level we thought he would, putting him in the position that we did. To which it seems the coaching staff is wearing thin with giving him those opportunities. I am all for putting a guy in against his old team. Good morale booster for him and I’m sure for the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad