OT: Beer Thread II

Captain Mittens*

Not sure if anyone here would have ever had or tried it...but I spent a year in Calgary and found a beer I was pretty fond of. Its called Granville Island Maple Cream. I'm no beer expert but I liked it. Just curious if anyones even heard of it. Believe its just a small microbrewery in Vancouver so doubt anyone has.
I've had Granville Island before, they are pretty solid

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I've had Granville Island before, they are pretty solid

You had the Maple Cream? They have variety packs and I think the maple cream comes in it. Loved that stuff.

I like Canadian beer...but Moulson Canadien tastes like moose piss...

Captain Mittens*

You had the Maple Cream? They have variety packs and I think the maple cream comes in it. Loved that stuff.

I like Canadian beer...but Moulson Canadien tastes like moose piss...
No, I had their Pale ale

That is not beer in my dictionary.

Much closer to cat piss than beer.

Oh no.. Kenny's cheesing again!

Kenny_cheesing.png

Canadian beer sucks.

No beer sucks! Except Miller Lite.

I just discovered Alexander Keith's which I believe is generic beer in Canada but that **** is good to me. I love Moosehead too and that reminds me of Moosehead. They both come from the same area.

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
I was in Bora Bora for a few weeks and I never want to see another Hinano again. Its a good lager but it gets old pretty quick.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Whoa…I can't believe I haven't seen this thread until now! Wonder how much of these can be found on the east coast?! :laugh:

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I just discovered Alexander Keith's which I believe is generic beer in Canada but that **** is good to me.

Alexander Keith's is decent, but the best part is the brewery tour. It's a whole production with actors and everything. I had a blast on it. On a related note, if you've never been to Halifax before you need to go. I love it. There is so much history in Halifax. It's a beautiful city, and there's a fun night life too.

IPAFiend

Jan 19, 2009
West Covina
Just had some delicious ales:
Lost Abbey - Deliverance (American Strong Ale - Barrel Aged) 12.5%
Ballast Point's -Sour Wench (Blackberry Sour Ale) 5.4%
Marin Brewing - White Knuckle (Double IPA) 8%

49 days till the drop of the 2011-2012 season

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Just had some delicious ales:
Lost Abbey - Deliverance (American Strong Ale - Barrel Aged) 12.5%
Ballast Point's -Sour Wench (Blackberry Sour Ale) 5.4%
Marin Brewing - White Knuckle (Double IPA) 8%

49 days till the drop of the 2011-2012 season
My gf took me on a brewery tour in San Diego where I got to go to Stone and Lost Abbey. Picked us up at our hotel and drove us all over Sd to various breweries. It was awesome.

I'm a big fan of Indian Wells brewing co. and Lobotomy Bock is a great beer. Also amnesia ipa and blackout stout are good ones.

silverstick

Jul 26, 2009
California
My gf took me on a brewery tour in San Diego where I got to go to Stone and Lost Abbey. Picked us up at our hotel and drove us all over Sd to various breweries. It was awesome.

I'm a big fan of Indian Wells brewing co. and Lobotomy Bock is a great beer. Also amnesia ipa and blackout stout are good ones.

Indian wells is off the 395 correct?

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
I just drank a Union Jack that someone gave me. Pretty hoppy, I had heard a lot about it and I was not too impressed. Then again, I tend to steer clear of hoppy beers.

KingNothing4

Sep 10, 2009
Basement of Staples
gulden draak is probably my favorite beer, strong and easy to drink.
i drink new castle more on a normal basis but every once in awhile grab draak or delirium. love the begians!

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

Is it me, or is the Lobotomy Bock not as strong as it used to be? A couple years ago it was 10% ABV, but it does not seem like it anymore.

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
Has anyone else seen that they started making a lot of the older beers in the original formula? I saw 12 packs of Hamms, Schlitz and Olympia the other day at Bev Mo. I picked up a 12 pack of Schlitz and drank a few, not bad at all. Now I just have to pawn the rest of them off onto a drunken buddy. Im going to pick up a 12 pack of Olympia next week, it was my Dads favorite beer and I want to see how it is.

Roxo

Feb 3, 2007
Pearl Harbor, HI
Ok kings! Got a home beer kit for christmas! (My girl loves me) So I'm gonna go bold for my first brew. Castaway IPA from Kona Brew Co. Real strong and smooth tasting IPA. Found a copy cat recipe. Wish me luck!

PS. If you ever visit hawaii, or live in hawaii, send me a PM and well catch a kings game together. Me and good friend(sharks fan) watch/drink the games together. Us HI NHL fans have to stick together....

Captain Mittens*

What brewery is this from (vertical Epic or 11/11/11 or whatever it is) and could I find it in the midwest?

I'll also throw the 2012 black ale from Point brewery out there as another really solid beer to look into if you can find it in your areas.
It's from Stone.

I don't know if you can find it in the midwest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad