Speculation: Bednar's future

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
For anyone wondering, Bednar is under contract for this and next season after his contract was extended for one year this past summer.

Reactions: CB Joe

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
For anyone wondering, Bednar is under contract for this and next season after his contract was extended for one year this past summer.
I wonder why Sakic pulled the trigger so early on that extension. He could have waited to see how the season turned out. Really weird to me, it’s not like Bednar is a hot ticket.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I wonder why Sakic pulled the trigger so early on that extension. He could have waited to see how the season turned out. Really weird to me, it’s not like Bednar is a hot ticket.
I know. You think he would have learned from Berra and Stuart not to extend contracts before you have to.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
He probably did this to show the team management stands behind the coach. Happens fairly often iirc.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Nothing wrong with the extension--Bednar deserved to enter the following season without a modicum of security, and even if they decide to axe him it won't hurt the Avs that much.
I wonder if they sack him before the end of his contract, if needed. They did not do it for Sacco. I know, new management... but same owner...

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Dammit! Saw the speculation tag and assumed there was actually some credible rumors to this. Sigh...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'll say this: If Bednar lets this season slip away without even once trying Carl Soderberg at 2C for a decent stretch of games, I'll do an about-face on him.

b2_831.gif

Just so you're ready when the time comes.

Reactions: Pokecheque

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Torts legit would have strangled two goalies in two nights last week lol remember when he called out John Grahame.

Grubs might be a gonner, and I wouldn't have a problem with that. Although he may have taken out Sakic too if Sakic refused to let him pull Frank up lol.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Bednar may not be the best coach in the world but seriously look at what he has to week with here. He rode the top line as would any coach into the dirt. Every team in the league know they contain the top line and they will win. Would Q be able to grow a brain for jost? This is on sakic. Last summer he bet on the young guys to improve and they haven't. Was it price that he wouldn't even throw an offer at stastny? Imagine how this team would be with him pushing the second line!!! When as team loses over and over it takes all the fun right out of playing. Effort is gone and so are the fans filling the can. Hell long time posters on here even said they would only watch a recorded game of they won. And I don't blame him. Spend some money Joe and let's get back on track

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I like what he said postgame about Soda and Kerf, said they looked at the numbers (at least I think he did) and said the numbers between Carl and Alex really weren't that different defensively, which is kinda what I've been yammering about for a while now--I really didn't think there'd be much dropoff, if any if you swapped Soda out on that checking line for Kerfoot, or even JTC. Maybe Jost, but even he has good defensive numbers. Don't know if Parnass gave him some of those numbers but he's said in the past he listens to the analytics folks, which I've always appreciated (though I can't imagine those guys weren't screaming bloody MURDER about Gabe Bourque and how he should never play another shift in the NHL again).

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
@Pokecheque Have you been practicing?

Not necessary! He finally used Soderberg as a damned 2nd line center!!!! And he laughingly admitted he wasn't dumb enough to not try that line again in the next game.

I have to confess...I was so damned frustrated I actually chirped at him on Twitter, also mentioned the Avs Twitter account in my screed. I doubt he even noticed as he's barely on Twitter but hey, I've no problem taking full credit for tonight's Big Carl performance! *bows*

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not necessary! He finally used Soderberg as a damned 2nd line center!!!! And he laughingly admitted he wasn't dumb enough to not try that line again in the next game.

I have to confess...I was so damned frustrated I actually chirped at him on Twitter, also mentioned the Avs Twitter account in my screed. I doubt he even noticed as he's barely on Twitter but hey, I've no problem taking full credit for tonight's Big Carl performance! *bows*

You are now my hero. I've @ him before in a bourbon induced rage, but had to delete the shit immediately. It was one of those things that right as you do it, you're like oh shit delete delete. Ok, go wank off or something and cool down.

I bet he lurks a lot on twitter like I do. I don't tweet like ever, but I use it as a news feed pretty much. I do think he probably would see stuff.

I have to admit I used to have you on twitter, but lets just say our political ideals don't align and I had enough one day lol.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Should be noted that the Avs interviewed Bob Boughner before ultimately deciding on Bednar, and while I'm still not convinced Bednar is The Man yet, Boughner sure as hell is not. Obviously that Florida team has serious management/ownership issues that have cost them dearly, but I see some of the things Boughner is doing and just shaking my head. If he's retained after this season I'll be fairly surprised.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I hope Joe pulls him aside on the flight back to Denver and fires him right then.

Just send his bags to a different carousel when we land home.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00