Becky Lynch Thread

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Dunno if this has been brought up, but on the WWE network they have the wrestlers picks, and Becky knows what's up. It'd be cool if somehow she caught wind of our annual draft, see what she'd come up with.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Her Twitter game is through the roof.

One moment, she's Stone Cold. The next moment she's CM Punk. This tweet to Graves and some of the way in which she comports herself as The Man actually reminds me of a more modern version of Nature Boy Buddy Rogers. It's just incredible.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Corey Graves' commentary is a big reason Sasha (and Bayley by extension) became ruined. Constantly tearing down your faces doesn't get them over. Started when he used to peddle for her in NXT, but when he came up, did an about-face which made no sense. Corey Graves overall has become a caricature, which is why it's so easy for Becky to say that because everyone knows she's right (since people want to agree with faces)

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
She should have been put on the headsets last night. I don't think she's ever done commentary that I can recall but for god's sake we can put absolute garbage like Nikki Bella on mic who just sits there and smiles and adds nothing. Even Alexa is pretty boring when she gets on there now.

Corey Graves' commentary is a big reason Sasha (and Bayley by extension) became ruined. Constantly tearing down your faces doesn't get them over. Started when he used to peddle for her in NXT, but when he came up, did an about-face which made no sense. Corey Graves overall has become a caricature, which is why it's so easy for Becky to say that because everyone knows she's right (since people want to agree with faces)

I don't know that I agree with this. Graves is a heel he's supposed to trash faces. No one ever got hurt by Bobby Heenan trashing them. There are a million reasons why Sasha and Bayley have been booked like shit but Corey trashing Sasha is not one of them. He does really seem to revel in bashing her though.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Graves isn't meant to trash faces, and especially not when they are the focus and/or being built up. He's meant to say things to then be shown up and shutdown by a face commentator or the stars themselves.

His job is to walk into rakes. Ideally ones that he placed there himself.

If the heels are on the rise, then he should be commending them on their cheating and whatnot. Still not putting the babyface down heavily and directly.

But really, WWE commentary is completely trash. No one has credibility so they can't stand up for anyone on the face. NXT are very good about it, but the main roster is a complete mess.

It also doesn't help that the commentary team isn't in on the booking or match layouts. They often miss things completely or fail to cover correctly when something doesn't go exactly right as no one tells them what is meant to happen in a match or segment. It's hard to do things right when they're not put in a position to know what help they're meant to be giving.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You done ****ed up, boy.

the f*** does this even mean? If the boss wasn't paying attention to her she wouldn't be in the spot she is now. lol

I swear I'd rather listen to f***ing Saxton commentate and Renee with her "OOOOH's" than I would Graves at this point. NXT Graves and main roster Graves are two completely different commentators and main roster Graves is beyond annoying. The booking is a huge reason why I've tuned out, but the commentary plays a part in it too and Graves is one of my least favourite commentators atm. He's not quite as unbearable as 2010 heel Michael Cole, though.

Reactions: KIRK

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
the **** does this even mean? If the boss wasn't paying attention to her she wouldn't be in the spot she is now. lol

I swear I'd rather listen to ****ing Saxton commentate and Renee with her "OOOOH's" than I would Graves at this point. NXT Graves and main roster Graves are two completely different commentators and main roster Graves is beyond annoying. The booking is a huge reason why I've tuned out, but the commentary plays a part in it too and Graves is one of my least favourite commentators atm. He's not quite as unbearable as 2010 heel Michael Cole, though.

I think he's trying to say Vince is in his headsets. But this means Vince knows what Becky does on social media. So I'm confused now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She should have been put on the headsets last night. I don't think she's ever done commentary that I can recall but for god's sake we can put absolute garbage like Nikki Bella on mic who just sits there and smiles and adds nothing. Even Alexa is pretty boring when she gets on there now.

I don't know that I agree with this. Graves is a heel he's supposed to trash faces. No one ever got hurt by Bobby Heenan trashing them. There are a million reasons why Sasha and Bayley have been booked like **** but Corey trashing Sasha is not one of them. He does really seem to revel in bashing her though.

The problem is that he constantly acts as if as if Sasha is holding the knife up against Bayley's back like every single time they're on television. And been it's been going on for 2 years. You can trash faces, but he's been pushing an angle that they haven't even been close to booking in almost a year. He's not being a heel commentator more than he is telling us that nothing they do matters because every week one is about to turn on the other. And the whole world knows that were going to do it and dropped it since it was going to fail the same way Becky's heel turn failed, and now they're trying to build a women's tag team division and don't have any strong faces for it. Which for reasons like this I remain steadfastly against.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The problem is that he constantly acts as if as if Sasha is holding the knife up against Bayley's back like every single time they're on television. And been it's been going on for 2 years. You can trash faces, but he's been pushing an angle that they haven't even been close to booking in almost a year. He's not being a heel commentator more than he is telling us that nothing they do matters because every week one is about to turn on the other. And the whole world knows that were going to do it and dropped it since it was going to fail the same way Becky's heel turn failed, and now they're trying to build a women's tag team division and don't have any strong faces for it. Which for reasons like this I remain steadfastly against.
yeah, Corey has seriously hurt the Sasha/Bayley team and whatever they're going for. The breakup angle is done for now, they're clearly building to a women's tag title, just shut up about Sasha being an awful friend and stabbing Bayley in the back when Bayley also attacked Sasha at a point.

I just can't say enough how annoying Corey is.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Someone mentioned it a while back, but holy f*** I’d mark if Becky came out to “The Man Comes Around” by Johnny Cash.

Legitimately mark the f*** out.

Even though her current theme is cool...

Reactions: quoipourquoi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad