OT: Bears & NFL Talk 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If Foles is halfway decent, that would be enough to turn the offense into "not shit" and might even make us a playoff team if the defense is comparable to last year.

Not a recipe for a deep playoff run, though.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Why wouldn't it surprise me to see the Pats take Hurts?

I think he should go before Jordan Love. Love should send a big thanks to Mahomes that he's even in the 1st round discussion. No QB-needy GM wants to miss on the next Mahomes.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It sounds like Hurts is going no later than the 2nd round. So if the Bears want him, it has to be there.

I could see his stock slightly increasing the closer we get to the draft and even maybe jump into the late first round if there is a QB run early, which it seems there always is regardless of the quality.

I’d take him with one of our second rounders, but I doubt he’s there by then.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I've already accepted the fact that Tua is going to fall to the Pats and he and BB will go on to win five more Super Bowls in the next twenty years.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Bears are expected to trade down with at least one but possible with both of their second round picks.
Per bleacher report.

Big fan of doing that with both picks.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Bears are expected to trade down with at least one but possible with both of their second round picks.
Per bleacher report.

Big fan of doing that with both picks.
Good, they should do that, as long as they can grab a 3rd without dropping out of the 2nd.

With the 43rd pick I wouldn't want to drop back too far. With the other one, I 'd try to pick up a late 3rd.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Good, they should do that, as long as they can grab a 3rd without dropping out of the 2nd.

With the 43rd pick I wouldn't want to drop back too far. With the other
one, I 'd try to pick up a late 3rd.

To get a 3 round pick along with a later second would require the 43rd pick to be moved.
50th pick would be a tough one to move down 10 spots and get a 3rd back. More then likely you'll start to accumulate 4th round picks.

All depends on whose on the board when they pick and what they think of the player.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
To get a 3 round pick along with a later second would require the 43rd pick to be moved.
50th pick would be a tough one to move down 10 spots and get a 3rd back. More then likely you'll start to accumulate 4th round picks.

All depends on whose on the board when they pick and what they think of the player.
I screwed that up, I was hoping they'd get a late 3rd from the trade down from 43, and then if they moved down again a few spots from 50 and grab a 4th. Maybe even trade one of their 6ths to upgrade a return pick.

If they stay put, Walterfootball.com has them taking Ezra Cleveland (OT) and Jalen Reagor (WR) with their two picks. Those would be great, even if they have to wait until the 5th to pick again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I screwed that up, I was hoping they'd get a late 3rd from the trade down from 43, and then if they moved down again a few spots from 50 an
d grab a 4th. Maybe even trade one of their 6ths to upgrade a return pick.

Agreed. Like anything it really depends on how far are the bears comfortable moving down. The better the return will be.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I've already accepted the fact that Tua is going to fall to the Pats and he and BB will go on to win five more Super Bowls in the next twenty years.

Pats end up with Tua only if they trade into the top 5. I'm not buying this Mel Kiper, Jr crap on Tua dropping. Passing on Tua will get multiple GM's fired.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I propose a new verb for "not overthinking each pick and trying to be more clever than everybody else". There are quite a few names I could use but I'm gong to settle on Shaheen.

The Bears have a lot of solid players who can make plays and some pluggable holes. All they have to is not shaheen this draft.

Please Pace, don't shaheen this draft. If a solid CB who has NFL measurables and had a productive NCAA career in a power conference is there in the 2d rd JUST TAKE HIM. Don't shaheen yourself into corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad