OT: Bears & NFL Talk 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Bears sign O-Lineman Germain Ifedi to a one year deal. Former Seattle first round pick. Has played or started in 60 games over 4 years. Has played guard and tackle.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Bears sign O-Lineman Germain Ifedi to a one year deal. Former Seattle first round pick. Has played or started in 60 games over 4 years. Has played guard and tackle.

I thought that guy was pretty good? Maybe not if all he could get was a 1 year deal?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Doesn't matter whose the starting qb, Nagy has to commit to running the ball to help them and rely on that defense to win the games.
Also da bears offense has to figure out how to score touchdowns and not just settle for field goals.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
He hasn't been great at all. Lots of penalties. He'll have a shot at right guard. If not swing tackle as a backup. Former first round pick on the cheap, maybe they unlock something.

A Seahawks fan friend of mine suggested to me the Ifedi might be better served as a guard. He also said that Hawks linemen get a lot of penalties because Wilson holds onto the ball longer than an average QB, mainly because he wants to give his WR a chance to get open down field. So, I don;t know if he is right or wrong, what I am saying is the penalties that Ifedi gets might not be 100% on him.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Think the Bears draft a QB with one of those 2nd rounders? Looks like people are getting all moist over Jalen Hurts recently, even saw som
e mocks with him going to the Bears in the second.

Good chance the second crop of qb prospects drop into both of the bears second round picks.
Obviously Burrows, Tua, Herbert and Jordan love are all sure things for the first round. Bears will probably get a chance if they want at Eason, Hurts or Fromm.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Good chance the second crop of qb prospects drop into both of the bears second round picks.
Obviously Burrows, Tua, Herbert and Jordan love are all sure things for the first round. Bears will probably get a chance if they want at Eason, Hurts or Fromm.

If you made me draft one I’d go Hurts, and probably wouldn’t even hate the pick.

I’ll be pissed if we pick Fromm or Eason though.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If you made me draft one I’d go Hurts, and probably wouldn’t even hate the pick.

I’ll be pissed if we pick Fromm or
Eason though.

For the offense hurts is probably the best fit athlete wise. I just don't really trust his accuracy. But as a pick I wouldn't be to upset, I guess.
Fromm doesn't do much for me in round 2. Eason intrigues me because of his arm talent and size.
Really they don't have to go after a qb unless they fall in love with one.
Foles and trubisky take this year and then if both bomb. They'll start over at the position next year.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
For the offense hurts is probably the best fit athlete wise. I just don't really trust his accuracy. But as a pick I wouldn't be to upset, I guess.
Fromm doesn't do much for me in round 2. Eason intrigues me because of his arm talent and size.
Really they don't have to go after a qb unless they fall in love with one.
Foles and trubisky take this year and then if both bomb. They'll start over at the position next year.

I’ll be pissed if we pick Fromm or Eason though.

Do you guys think Hurts could be a starting QB in the NFL? Some are projecting him as a poor-man’s Lamar Jackson.

Honestly, I never watched him at Oklahoma and only hate-watched him when he was with Bama.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I am irrationally into the idea of taking Hurts while only seeing some highlights of him and hearing he'd be a great fit in our system. Seems like a good kid too.

Really though, hard to see the Bears drafting a QB high. Main reason being we'd need to keep three on the roster (Foles, Mitch, draftee).

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Q8OxAx9.jpg

Yikes.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Do you guys think Hurts could be a starting QB in the NFL? Some are projecting him as a poor-man’s Lamar Jackson.
Honestly, I never watched him at Oklahoma and only hate-watched him when he was with Bama.

If you tailor the offensive system to his strength then yes he's a NFL qb.
But that's a run game heavy offense with him being able to hit play action passes. I don't know if Nagy will be willing to go that route.

If your down on the scoreboard he's not the guy to throw you back into the game. But in all fairness to him, there aren't many qb's that can do that.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I am irrationally into the idea of taking Hurts while only seeing some highlights of him and hearing he'd be a great fit in our system. Seems like a good kid too.

Really though, hard to see the Bears drafting a QB high. Main reason being we'd need to keep three on the roster (Foles, Mitch, draftee).

Cut Bitch “can we turn the TVs off” Trubinsky

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Nick Foles new contract with the bears. 3 years $24.0 million fully guaranteed. So his cap figure each year is $8.0 million. He can earn a extra $6.0 million a year in incentives. He also can opt out after each of the next 2 seasons.

So overall not a bad contract for the bears.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad