OT: Bears & NFL Talk 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I actually left the draft where the Bears picked Donnell Woolford and trace Armstrong playing in the background for a while.

Hilarity ensued when the Jets picked Jeff Lageman with the 14th overall pick. It was so funny to hear analysts like Kiper fall all over themselves to dog on the team's management.

I looked him up: Lageman ended up having a 10 year NFL career and even had double digit sacks one season.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
What is he worth? He is very talented.

Very talented but inconsistent. Better version of Eric ebron. A low
round pick is what I would offer.
If not the max would be a third round pick from next years draft is my highest offer pick wise.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Nick Saban has admitted he did not use Howard to his fullest potential. This is a young man who once had 200 yards in a freaking Nat'l Title game. Clemson had NO IDEA how to stop him.

Reactions: BK

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Oh yes he is. Don't let TB misusing him fool you. OJ Howard has prime Rob Gronkowski level talent. He's worth the gamble. More so than picking a player in the second round.

Eh... I see more Vernon Davis than Gronk and Davis was one of the most talented TEs I ever saw coming out. Not saying O.J. can't turn it around but sometimes just pure talent doesn't always win out (especially over other intangibles).

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If Mitch Trubisky practiced medicine as well as he quarterbacks, he’d be Dr. Nick

upload_2020-4-23_9-40-41.gif

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
So what are people's thoughts on grabbing a QB in round 2? I think realistically the Bears are more than a couple pieces away anyway, I'd be in favor of grabbing a guy to develop behind Foles.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
So what are people's thoughts on grabbing a QB in round 2? I think realistically the Bears are more than a couple pieces away anyway, I'd be in favor of grabbing a guy to develop behind Foles.

That’s not a bad idea, but if Foles is around for the next 2-3 years, maybe you take a QB in the first next year and let him develop behind Foles

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
100% against it. I think Bears have higher priorities (e.g. O-line, WR, DB, S, TE) than taking a chance on a QB. Besides that I'm not crazy about the idea of a rookie QB learning behind the current O-line and WR groups until they're upgraded a bit.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So what are people's thoughts on grabbing a QB in round 2? I think realistically the Bears are more than
a couple pieces away anyway, I'd be in favor of grabbing a guy to develop behind Foles.

Not a big fan of them drafting a qb that early. But if there's a guy Nagy loves sitting there then go for it.
Also for a franchise that has long abandoned drafting qb's until they try to get the position right it should be a option.
I don't want a qb that pace loves. Mitch and glennon make me weary.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Whomever he drafts, Pace needs to hit on both picks or what's left of his credibility is gone.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Whomever he drafts, Pace needs to hit on both picks or what's left of his credibility is gone.

I guess the decent thing for us is pace doesn't have a first round pick to waste. Second round he's been decent outside of shaheen who sucks something fierce.
Need more 4th and 5th round picks he's been good there.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I can’t see Pace spending more draft capital of a future QB with the holes we still have on this team. He doesn’t have time to develop another QB. If this season doesn’t go well, he’s gotta be gone. He’s got no choice but to ride foles/trubisky for the time being.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Pace has no credibility left. I don't think it matters, because he should be gone before you can evaluate this draft. If it were up to me, I'd have fired him on Black Monday. I think he's gone after this season anyway, which means he should have been gone yesterday. Phil Emery made more successful first round picks than Pace in 1 fewer attempt.

Phil Emery's 1st rounders:
McClellin
Kyle Long
Kyle Fuller

Pace's 1st rounders:
White
Floyd
Trubisky
Smith

And the jury is still out on Roquan Smith.

There is no defense for Pace's continued employment.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't know if it's because we don't have a first, I don't have much faith for our near immediate future regardless, or due to COVID shutting everything down, but this is easily the least excited for any of the major drafts in recent memory.

Combo of all three, probably.

And we have an actual major event coming up, so might as well start a new one. Continue here:

OT: - Bears & NFL Talk 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad