OT: Bears & NFL Talk 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Bears pre draft visits. All via FaceTime or other virtual options.
So far they've "met" with
Will update as their leaked out.

OT Josh Jones Houston
DL Marlon Davidson Auburn
DL Darrion Daniels Nebraska
Cb Kristian Fulton LSU
S Antoine Winfield Jr. Minnesota

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Nick Foles new contract with the bears. 3 years $24.0 million fully guaranteed. So his cap figure each year is $8.0 million. He can earn a extra $6.0 million a year in incentives. He also can opt out after each of the next 2 seasons.

So overall not a bad contract for the bears.

Also, you don’t pay that much for a backup. Hard to imagine he’s not coming here with the job already earned. Only chance for Trubisky in Chicago is if he comes in and plays out of his mind in pre-season, or Foles gets hurt.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Also, you don’t pay that much for a backup. Hard to imagine he’s not coming here with the job already
earned. Only chance for Trubisky in Chicago is if he comes in and plays out of his mind in pre-season, or
Foles gets hurt.

Agreed. In general though the bears are spending $15.0 million in cap on the qb's. That's not much. Granted neither are ideal options.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

OT Josh Jones Houston
Cb Kristian Fulton LSU

OT Josh Jones Houston
Cb Kristian Fulton LSU

Gosh seeing Winfield, jr (much like kenon martin jr for the nba) eligible for the draft makes me feel soooooooo old.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yes. Saints, then new England for a year, rams for 2 years and now the texans.
Talented fella but his concussions the last few years are scary.

And the Texans trade a 2nd round pick to get him and traded away a waaaaay better receiver for a 2nd rounder. Bill O'Brien... the gift that keeps on giving.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Who feels comfortable with Foley or Trubisky as the QB of the future? Probably not many. That would mean a QB is potentially in play in the draft.

With all of the holes this team has? A team trying to win now, not later?

Not to mention the fact that Eason is a long term project. I saw him play twice last year and wasn't that impressed.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
With all of the holes this team has? A team trying to win now, not later?

Not to mention the fact that Eason is a long term project. I saw him play twice last year and wasn't that impressed.
I get what you're saying, there's definitely holes to fill, particularly on the o-line. I just could see them bringing in a third option at QB. It's very possible that both Foley and Trubisky fail. There have been cases of rookies succeeding. Not that us Bears fans would know :laugh:

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I admit I haven't been following the offseason stuff as much as normal with this virus stuff going on so I could be behind. I know the Bears made some trades.

But if it was me I'd have the best OL and DB prospects lined up and take the best available.

For QB I'd draft Anthony Gordon late if he slips. I still think he'd be a good fit for Nagy.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I mean I'll take Jalen Hurts later on if the Bears decide to trade down.

Yeah, I guess maybe you look a Hurts closely if he's still there.

But I don't see it. If the Bears don't move forward this year Pace HAS to be gone, doesn't he? And without a proper O line and another CB who can come in and start right away that seems unlikely.

Pace is obviously hoping that the addition of Quinn will make the D line dominant and cover other warts.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Don't think either will be fired at all.
Pace really deserves to be fired. You make or break your career as a GM in the 1st round and at QB. Pace has screwed the pooch there badly. I don't even think Roquan Smith is going to get a second contract from the Bears. He's a solid starter but nothing special. If you're firing Pace, there's no reason to keep Nagy either. You let your new GM pick their own coach. I don't think Pace should be allowed to get a second shot at QB.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Pace really deserves to be fired. You make or break your career as a GM in the 1st round and at QB. Pace has screwed the pooch there badly. I don't even think Roquan Smith is going to get a second contract from the Bears. He's a solid starter but
nothing special. If you're firing Pace, there's no reason to keep Nagy either. You let your new GM pick
their own coach. I don't think Pace should be allowed to get a second shot at QB.

Don't think either will get let go. Only way is if they go 1-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad