OT: Bears & NFL Talk 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Joe Namath isn't in the HOF for what he did as a QB. He's in more as a contributor to the game. It's been said that the merger never happens if the Colts won SB 3. Rumor has it that SB 3 would have been the final one if the Colts had won that game, and the entire history of football changes. The guarantee is stuff of legends. It's the football equivalent to Babe Ruth's called HR in the WS, except with real evidence that it happened.

Joe Namath should be moved to the "contributor" wing but because he was a player and what he did was so damn important to football history, he gets in as a player.

Nobody should complain about Namath being in the HOF. He doesn't deserve to be in based on the entirety of his career, but everyone with a brain and knowledge of football history knows why he's there.
The merger was already agreed to before SB I.

Under the agreement, the leagues maintained separate schedules for 4 more years.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It really wasn't that big in grand scheme of things outside of PR spin

It just changed perception that AFL was weak and not up to par of NFL and prejudice alot of fans and media had

The Raiders and Chiefs both proved not up to par with NFL best so perception was sill there that AFL was inferior with some people outright viewing it as joke league

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Really? I thought it wasn't agreed to until 1969. Or if it was, that Rozelle was going to cancel it if the Colts won SB 3.
The merger was primarily about ending the bidding war for players between the leagues.

So, who won the Super Bowl was irrelevant, it was about saving the owners money.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Eli has better case then guys in HOF such as Griese , Bradshaw , Aikman and Elway

Yep I said it ,, Elway was absolutely overrated and can thank Shanahan and Davis for his SB's

Not as overrated as Eli Manning. Never once did I think Eli was a HOF caliber QB during his career.

Eli Manning is Jay Cutler without the personality. Nobody is screaming for Cutler to be elected into the HOF.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not as overrated as Eli Manning. Never once did I think Eli was a HOF caliber QB during his career.

Eli Manning is Jay Cutler without the personality. Nobody is screaming for Cutler to be elected into the HOF.

Except Eli has two SB rings... largely due to his own performance.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ehhhh that’s debatable. I mean he wasn’t bad, but he didn’t exactly do anything on the field that was impossible to replace. Not to mention those teams were carried by the defense.

The second one he led a 9 play 90 yard drive to take the lead and leave less than a minute on the clock.

Reactions: Elvis P

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The second one he led a 9 play 90 yard drive to take the lead and leave less than a minute on the clock.
There was some luck involved too....the Tyree catch and Manningham catch are stuff of legends....... Either of those guys don't make an insane catch, then NE wins both.

In the infamous Marshawn Lynch non-handoff INT, If you recall NE got Antonio Freeman-ed on the previous play.

NE fans were like Oh no, not again! to Hell Yeah! in a 2 minute period.

Most times that Brady lost SBs the margin for winning and losing was slim. He never got blown out, and they had a chance to win all 9 of them.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
There was some luck involved too....the Tyree catch and Manningham catch are stuff of legends....... Either of those guys don't make an insane catch, then NE wins both.

In the infamous Marshawn Lynch non-handoff INT, If you recall NE got Antonio Freeman-ed on the previous play.

NE fans were like Oh no, not again! to Hell Yeah! in a 2 minute period.

Most times that Brady lost SBs the margin for winning and losing was slim. He never got blown out, and they had a chance to win all 9 of them.
Had a chance to lose them too--Vinatieri goes Norwood on two FG's, Atlanta doesn't have a colossal meltdown, Pete Carroll doesn't out-think himself.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Not that it was a unknown thing, but Kyle long did confirm he's done playing. Had a partially torn groin after his last game which he finished and admitted he didn't like the player he saw on tape.
Also down to 280 from 350 pounds when the season started.
He was on mully and hough this morning. And then just on NFL network not long ago. He has interest in getting involved in the media side now, also mentioned sports radio host. Should be a interesting hire if he goes down the sports radio road.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Not that it was a unknown thing, but Kyle long did confirm he's done playing. Had a partially torn groin after his last game which he finished and admitted he didn't like the player he saw on tape.
Also down to 280 from 350 pounds when the season started.
He was on mully and hough this morning. And then just on NFL network not long ago. He has interest in getting involved in the media side now, also mentioned sports radio host. Should be a interesting hire if he goes down the sports radio road.
His daddy can help with that.....Howie has been in the media for a long time.

For those that don't know, Kyle Long was a White Sox draft pick as a LHP out of HS. He had planned to play baseball until he injured his throwing shoulder at FSU, which ended his baseball career.
He had some issues, got kicked out of FSU while injured and went to play football at Oregon.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
His daddy can help with that.....Howie has been in the media for a long time.

For those that don't know, Kyle Long was a White Sox draft pick as a LHP out of HS. He had planned to play baseball until he injured his throwing shoulder at FSU, which ended his baseball career.
He had some issues, got kicked out of FSU while injured and went to play football at Oregon.

His brother Chris is trying to do a podcast/media thing. Chalk media. Chris also appears weekly on Ryen Russilo's podcast on the ringer. Both Chris and Kyle are in pretty good (reoccurring guests) Pardon My Take guys from Barstool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad