Pre-Game Talk: Be The Spark: #KingsHabs (11/10/2018 ; 19:30 PM ; RDS, TSN2, FS-W)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
With Quick on the IR and the boys flying, this could very well be a good game. Either way, I'm just excited for the home opener to get underway. Whoever scheduled our season is traaaaaash.

Reactions: Redux91

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Pleks might play very very little this year
It looks that way...which is shocking to me given how they've typically used Plekanec.

The fact he was our most used center last year before being traded to now being a healthy scratch speaks volumes to how bad last years team was.

Still, the fact they signed him means he's got a roster spot and it means one of Scherbak, Hudon, Peca, DLR, Deslauriers, Benn or Ouelett will have to be sacrificed.

Reactions: Redux91

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It looks that way...which is shocking to me given how they've typically used Plekanec.

The fact he was our most used center last year before being traded to now being a healthy scratch speaks volumes to how bad last years team was.

Still, the fact they signed him means he's got a roster spot and it means one of Scherbak, Hudon, Peca, DLR, Deslauriers, Benn or Ouelett will have to be sacrificed.

You forgot Alzner.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Why not waive Pleky... Does anybody take that contract on? However, I am not sure they do this to him. If we have to sacrifice Deslauriers or Benn, who cares.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I can't see Alzner getting waived and/or picked up/sent down.

I don't see anybody picking up that contract. But I do see them waiving him to test the waters out. Why not? What loyalty to we have towards Alzner? He only came to Montreal cause his options were limited and we gave him AAV/term

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why not waive Pleky... Does anybody take that contract on? However, I am not sure they do this to him. If we have to sacrifice Deslauriers or Benn, who cares.
I don't think they waive Plekanec after bringing him back during the summer, 2 games short of 1000...said it at the time and i'll say it again.

It was an unnecessary signing, or at the very least, there was no need to rush out and sign him 1st thing on July 1st, especially not at the money he was signed for.

As for Benn & Deslauriers...Benn agreed, I couldn't care less if he's waived, in fact he was my candidate to be waived.

Deslauriers though, I'm pretty sure when he's ready they can send him down for a conditioning stint.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Kinda, but that's down to injuries. Plekanec was 3rd among centers in TOI/GP, he wasn't used as the 1st line center.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I believe it’s in Montreal’s best interest to get Alzner going as oppose to throwing in the towel by sending him down and devaluating him even more.

We are not a cap team so money is not an issue right now, the best we can hope for is this being sat out will be very humbling and consequently, he will bring his absolute A game to the ice and play with the utmost focus knowing that any slack in his play will only earn him a trip to the 7th floor of the BC. We are stuck with this contract for the duration of the term....I only see this being bought out when we contend and his contract is in the way of us signing important pieces.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kinda, but that's down to injuries. Plekanec was 3rd among centers in TOI/GP, he wasn't used as the 1st line center.
His TOI started creeping down in January of last year, but for most of the year he was right there with Danault & Drouin...

Either way, the difference wasn't much and that was a major problem that they've finally seem to correct this year.

He's not one of the best 4 or 5 C's on this team.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Good to know... Not that I really trusts whatever the british do with food, mind you :naughty:

When they keep things simple british food is not bad. I love a sunday roast, for example. Roll up to any pub and pay 10 pounds for a cure to your hangover. It's absolutely brilliant.

Reactions: jaffy27

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I believe it’s in Montreal’s best interest to get Alzner going as oppose to throwing in the towel by sending him down and devaluating him even more.

We are not a cap team so money is not an issue right now, the best we can hope for is this being sat out will be very humbling and consequently, he will bring his absolute A game to the ice and play with the utmost focus knowing that any slack in his play will only earn him a trip to the 7th floor of the BC. We are stuck with this contract for the duration of the term....I only see this being bought out when we contend and his contract is in the way of us signing important pieces.

Oh, it absolutely is in Montreal's interest to get Alzner going. Don't get me wrong on this.
But we can legitimately wonder if a going Alzner is good enough for this D-Squad, and Alzner isn't a player to who a team should show loyalty to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad