Pre-Game Talk: Be The Spark: #KingsHabs (11/10/2018 ; 19:30 PM ; RDS, TSN2, FS-W)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I think this game against L.A.will be extremely revealing. I suspect this version of the Habs may have trouble against teams like L.A., Anaheim and Winnipeg. Big, fast, bruising teams. Hopefully I'm wrong.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Only reason I referred to the simplicity of poutine is how easy it is to substitute one or two ingredients to turn it into a foreign dish. Every culture has its version of gravy or sauce or its version of unrefined soft cheese. Have both of these replace the standard gravy and cheese curds, and you have (insert foreign heritage here) poutine.

Satay Poutine and PB Poutine are great and are great ways to go Asian-ish for the Poutine.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin started it.

Oh, yes. Who can forget this:

2jranw.jpg

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Apparently, they're gonna have 16 beers on tap.

... Molson or Molson-owned crap, of course.

IPA du Nord-Est (because HYPA can't happen) or Bust

Reactions: Seb

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A bigger team but not a fast one.

Teams have their own systems, but they do adjust for their opponents. Right now we have sprung a new system and it will be interesting to see what happens when teams adjust for what we are doing.

Our game on exit is to use our speed and quick , short passes up in transition. I am guessing at some point teams will employ a two man forecheck on the puck, with a guy somewhere on the puck side of our D zone to cut off any cross ice pass and another guy on the puck side boards to cut off our winger. If we get it out we would likely have odd man rushes, if we dont, we get hemmed in. I think that's when our lack of size could hurt us. But so far so good.

We typically have not done well against them in recent years. Should be a good measure to see if our speed transition game works against them.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Kotkaniemi is the fries
Drouin the Cheese
Gallagher the gravy

Reactions: MXD

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Apparently, they're gonna have 16 beers on tap.

... Molson or Molson-owned crap, of course.

IPA du Nord-Est (because HYPA can't happen) or Bust

Probably going to have some TDD selection which, considering the rest of the options, could be worse.

Bell center is probably the only place where I'd buy TDD now.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Probably going to have some TDD selection which, considering the rest of the options, could be worse.

Bell center is probably the only place where I'd buy TDD now.

I always considered the mainstreams of TDD to be completely awful. Like, the Docker might be a better offering.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I would play Plekanec for the next 2 games this week and then send him to Laval to give DLR a roster spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad