Pre-Game Talk: Be The Spark: #KingsHabs (11/10/2018 ; 19:30 PM ; RDS, TSN2, FS-W)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Be the spark is so cringe

Be the spark!

usatsi_10298052_168383996_lowres.jpg

Oups no... not that one, please

Reactions: MXD

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... Apparently, it's not only new hot dogs, but stuff like Butter Chicken Poutine.

... Why the actual f*** would someone order a Butter Chicken Poutine?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
First team we face with a good team Defense. This is a better test IMO. The best thing the Habs have going for us is our D and goaltending is solid, we are using our speed to our advantage, and we are rolling 4 lines to help maintain that level of speed throughout the game.

Kings should be a good test. A good all around team.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
... Apparently, it's not only new hot dogs, but stuff like Butter Chicken Poutine.

... Why the actual **** would someone order a Butter Chicken Poutine?
Love Butter Chicken and Love Poutine but the combination sounds dreadful.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
First team we face with a good team Defense. This is a better test IMO. The best thing the Habs have going for us is our D and goaltending is solid, we are using our speed to our advantage, and we are rolling 4 lines to help maintain that level of speed throughout the game.

I would normally agree with you on this one.
Now with Campbell or Budaj in net for the Kings....i don't.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It is. It's the greatest tragedy to befall our national dish since the italians got to it.

poutine-la-banquise.jpg

**** right off with that ****.

You can't tell who does what anymore, esp. in this city. For instance, Carlo's and Pepe's is not even owned by Mexicans. Most of Little Italy is not inhabited by those of Italian heritage and its businesses are mostly owned by non-Italians. For all we know, an enterprising restaurant owner of non-Italian descent saw an opportunity and put the Italian poutine disaster, together.

And what is the big deal about poutine anyways? It's not exactly the most complex dish to experiment with.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

A bigger team but not a fast one.

Teams have their own systems, but they do adjust for their opponents. Right now we have sprung a new system and it will be interesting to see what happens when teams adjust for what we are doing.

Our game on exit is to use our speed and quick , short passes up in transition. I am guessing at some point teams will employ a two man forecheck on the puck, with a guy somewhere on the puck side of our D zone to cut off any cross ice pass and another guy on the puck side boards to cut off our winger. If we get it out we would likely have odd man rushes, if we dont, we get hemmed in. I think that's when our lack of size could hurt us. But so far so good.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

... Why the actual **** would someone order a Butter Chicken Poutine?

Same reason people order it at a movie theatre, cause they're weird. How you can eat a full dinner and have a glass of wine in the dark, watching a movie is beyond me.

At least at the Bell Centre you can see your food

Reactions: Deebs

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Love Butter Chicken and Love Poutine but the combination sounds dreadful.

I'd like to tell you that is, but it's such a Pejorative Slured suggestion I never tried it.
And we're talking about meal I'm cooking on a monthly basis.

It is. It's the greatest tragedy to befall our national dish since the italians got to it.

poutine-la-banquise.jpg

**** right off with that ****.

That picture is even more disgusting than the concept of Butter Chicken Poutine.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Same reason people order it at a movie theatre, cause they're weird. How you can eat a full dinner and have a glass of wine in the dark, watching a movie is beyond me.

At least at the Bell Centre you can see your food

... At least, a glass of wine is something that makes sense in and of itself. Something I can't quite say of a Butter Chicken Poutine.

Coming up next : Sushi Poutine.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
You can't tell who does what anymore, esp. in this city. For instance, Carlo's and Pepe's is not even owned by Mexicans. Most of Little Italy is not inhabited by those of Italian heritage and its businesses are mostly owned by non-Italians. For all we know, an enterprising restaurant owner of non-Italian descent saw an opportunity and put the Italian poutine disaster, together.

And what is the big deal about poutine anyways? It's not exactly the most complex dish to experiment with.

It was most likely a greek dude who came up with it given how prevalent greeks have been in the mtl resto scene the past few decades. Most greeks I grew up with tried their best to pretend to be italian so I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Nobody ever said poutine was complex. But clearly, there's people f***ing it up so it must not be super easy, especially not for the guy calling the shots at Bell Centre concessions. But now that i see the 'tacos', I gotta figure they're trying hard to be 'worldly' with their offerings. :laugh:

Next up, kebabs/shawarma. You heard it here first.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
... At least, a glass of wine is something that makes sense in and of itself. Something I can't quite say of a Butter Chicken Poutine.

Coming up next : Sushi Poutine.

I went to the moveis with a friend and he ordered a smoked meat poutine. I was flabbergasted as I ate my popcorn.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was most likely a greek dude who came up with it given how prevalent greeks have been in the mtl resto scene the past few decades. Most greeks I grew up with tried their best to pretend to be italian so I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Nobody ever said poutine was complex. But clearly, there's people ****ing it up so it must not be super easy, especially not for the guy calling the shots at Bell Centre concessions. But now that i see the 'tacos', I gotta figure they're trying hard to be 'worldly' with their offerings. :laugh:

Next up, kebabs/shawarma. You heard it here first.

Only reason I referred to the simplicity of poutine is how easy it is to substitute one or two ingredients to turn it into a foreign dish. Every culture has its version of gravy or sauce or its version of unrefined soft cheese. Have both of these replace the standard gravy and cheese curds, and you have (insert foreign heritage here) poutine.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I went to the moveis with a friend and he ordered a smoked meat poutine. I was flabbergasted as I ate my popcorn.

...But then again : a Smoked Meat Poutine makes sense!

I'd probably try Butter Chicken Pizza before Butter Chicken Poutine.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Only reason I referred to the simplicity of poutine is how easy it is to substitute one or two ingredients to turn it into a foreign dish. Every culture has its version of gravy or sauce or its version of unrefined soft cheese. Have both of these replace the standard gravy and cheese curds, and you have (insert foreign heritage here) poutine.

Yeah, I getcha, but at that point, if you've changed 2/3 ingredients, it's not really a poutine anymore.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You guys are treading on dangerous grounds -- we have a large contingent of foodies in here and I can't tell you how many threads have been derailed on account of it.

That said, keep 'em coming. :D

Reactions: Gally11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad