Native: Russia
Shoots: Right
Position: Forward
Height: 6'9" Weight: 265lb
Number: 77 (76)
Team: LA Kings
Drafted: 15th overall by the Buffalo Sabres 2013
Playing style: Power forward
Career: Big 6 feet 9 tall monster Ilya Kuleshov from Seattle Thunderbirds got drafted by the Buffalo Sabres 15th overall in 2013 after recording 3 goals and 1 assist in 4 games of memorial cup playoffs. After draft he told the management that "I dont wanna be any part of this organization and never wanted to get drafted here". After that statement, the big russian got traded to the LA Kings exchange from 2014 7th round pick. In Los Angeles Kuleshov made it to the team and he has become a raising star here in Hollywood, Los Angeles. His sarcastic statements and jokes about the teammates may make them angry but he is more likely become fan favorite.I've played every game and his stats for now are:
Gp:27 Points: 31+8=39 Pims: 188 +/-: -5
Style of play: Kuleshov plays very offensive hockey and he is making lot of goals. He is leading the whole league goal totals but also is first in hits and points. His aggressive backchecking, useless overkills and late checks causes the opponents lot of injuries but also causing Kuleshov himself multiple game-misconducts. He is the heaviest guy in the league and you can't avoid contact if he is on the ice. He plays in the LA's first line and he is trying to win the calder, hart, maurice richard and art ross trophies.

Season ends..
The Kings made the playoffs and they finished the year with a record of 39-32-11. Shaky year got them to the second place of pacific division. They were the highest scoring team in whole league with the average of 3,37. They were also the team with highest goal against at 3,23 and it is suprising that they made the playoffs. Jonathan Quick finished the year with 3,11 GAA at 69 starts and the s% 90,40. He had only one shutout which came at the very end of the season. Player stats look like this:
Goals: Ilya Kuleshov (102), Michael Grabner (40), Alex Tanguay (34) Assists: John Tavares (59), Ilya Kuleshov (56), Alexander Ovechkin (55) Points: Ilya Kuleshov (158), Zach Parise (85), Alexander Ovechkin (81) Penalties: Ilya Kuleshov (344), Anze Kopitar and Matt Carkner (113), Adam Mcquaid (83) Hits: Kuleshov (774), Shea Weber (288), Ryan Suter (284)
Next time the playoffs will come and Kings are taking on the Anaheim Ducks!

Blues

holy moly its been a while
Feb 21, 2014
Ontario
Name: Griffin The Killer
Height: 6'9"
Weight: 240 lbs
Number: 4
Type: Enforcer
Drafted: By the New York Rangers in 2014 (64th overall)

Lead AHL in PIM after 16 games (136 PIMs)
Called up to NHL, has 42 PIMs and 1 goal in 8 games
First career goal was an OT winner :yo:

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
What's really annoying in this mode is when a player gets injured and you have to wait until someone else gets injured before the AI puts him back in the lineup

THEY ASK YOU BEFORE EVERY GAME HOW DAMN EXCITED YOU ARE THAT HE'S BACK, BUT HE'S NEVER BACK

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
What's really annoying in this mode is when a player gets injured and you have to wait until someone else gets injured before the AI puts him back in the lineup

THEY ASK YOU BEFORE EVERY GAME HOW DAMN EXCITED YOU ARE THAT HE'S BACK, BUT HE'S NEVER BACK

Had to play an entire Memorial Cup run without Dal Colle on my wing for just this reason

This game is so broken it's not even funny

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
hoping this gets some sore of makeover for nhl 15....like hello cmon look at the nba 2k series be a pro

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
So now I've left juniors and am in the AHL my teammates are all complete Pejorative Slurs who can't clear the zone, and on offense just skate into the corner and get pinned up against the boards and lose the puck

In the OHL with London I just gave the puck to Max Domi and Chris Tierney and they would create offense and goals, I'm playing as an enforcer on superstar

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It's the dying seconds of the last game of the regular season

I'm desperately trying to get JVR that 100th point

Empty net, I get the puck from JVR, and I'm pinned on the boards, triple teamed

Somehow I slide the puck back to Gunnarson at the point; he's got a wide open shot to get James #100

Shot flies, and Phil ****ing Kessel stands right in front of the EN, deflecting it in

I get the second assist, and JVR ends the season with 99 points

**** you Phil Kessel

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
It's the dying seconds of the last game of the regular season

I'm desperately trying to get JVR that 100th point

Empty net, I get the puck from JVR, and I'm pinned on the boards, triple teamed

Somehow I slide the puck back to Gunnarson at the point; he's got a wide open shot to get James #100

Shot flies, and Phil ****ing Kessel stands right in front of the EN, deflecting it in

I get the second assist, and JVR ends the season with 99 points

**** you Phil Kessel

:laugh:

They really need to fix the ai, I was playing as a playmaker and trying to focus on getting assists, the opponent has an empty net, I skate up right near the net and give spezza a perfect pass only for him to flub on the puck and give it away to the other team

theresin

Jun 30, 2014
So this is my first ever post over here at HFboards ... I've been creeping for years, but until now I've held back my comments.

However, I do feel like I need to share my hilariously awful NHL14 LTL mode experience..

Playing on Pro difficulty with no simming whatsoever. Played every second of every shift.

My 2-way D (6'7" 210lbs beast) started the preseason with the Bruins - scoring 9 goals and 7 assists through the preseason. Current contract for 0 years, 850k.

Made the Bruins out of preseason, started on the 3rd D-pairing.

Scored 7 goals and 11 assists in our first 4 games, but sent down to the AHL because I may or may not have had one too many 10 minute misconducts (but c'mon, the hitting engine is pretty unforgiving!)

Played 7 games in the AHL, scored 20 goals and 14 assists - helps that I'm literally a foot taller than anyone else in the league.

Called back up to the Bruins 3rd D-pairing.

To paraphrase the rest of the regular season, I was eventually promoted to the first D pairing with Chara (can you picture two guys that size playing on the same line?!)

Scored 100 goals, 44 assists. Positional Grade of 'A', Team play grade of 'A+'

Won the Cup (went 16-2 in the playoffs) and scored 55 goals, 14 assists throughout the playoffs.

Won every single trophy except the one's that my position can't win (vezina, selke)..and didn't win the Lady Bing ... something about all my fighting majors probably. Fans, Teammates, GM, and Family score of 100 each.

As an UFA, I received 4 offers ... smallest was 1yr @ 750k, largest 2yr @ 1.25mil (total) ......

I understand that my overall is still only 82, but give me a break ... there's no way a 155 goal scoring monster would get contract offers like that.

Anyways.... just started my 2nd season, was promised my spot on the roster was definite ... yet find myself starting the season on the 3rd D-pairing.

WTF EA Sports ...

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Figured I would do an update of my progress

I started off in the OHL as a draft overager (with a late birthday so I could go straight to the AHL after being drafted) playing for the London Knights as an enforcer on superstar difficulty just to make it more of a challenge. In 68 regular season games I scored 18 goals and 31 assists for 49 points. The Knights finished 7th in the conference, but beat the 2nd seed Windsor Spitfires 4-1 in the series in the first round, then swept 1st seeds Erie Otters in 4 games to head to the conference finals, where they were beaten in 7 games by the eventual champions Plymouth Whalers. The Knights then hosted the memorial cup where they lost every round robin game.

I was drafted in the 2nd round 50th overall by the New Jersey devils, and after failing to make the team after pre-season was sent down to Albany in the AHL. In 26 AHL games I scored 6 goals and 10 assists for 16 points, and was called up to the NHL. In 23 NHL games I have scored 5 goals and 7 assists, but the Devils have struggled and following a disastrous road trip losing games to the struggling teams in the West, the Devils have gone into full on tank mode, trading away roster players Andy Greene and Michael Ryder to the Phoenix Coyotes for a 1st round pick, a 53 overall prospect, and an AHL 4th line scrub. The Devils currently sit at 16th in the Eastern Conference and 28th overall in the league.

If they don't draft McDavid and continue to suck, I will try to request a trade or leave when my ELC is done

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
After leading the Canucks in scoring for the past 5 seasons, grabbing a lot of hardware along the way (multiple Stanley Cups, Conn Smythes, Art Ross, Harts, only one Selke, though), I decided that I had enough of the West and wanted to go East.

I had 4 contract offers in the off-season: Vancouver, Philly (likely to replace Daniel Sedin, who just retired), Florida, and Montreal. Vancouver and Montreal offered the same terms (4yrs 8.55m), Philly offered slightly more for same term, and Florida offered 5 years for less, but still above 8m. I chose the Habs.

I'm now running on a line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher. Goaltending duo is Price and Cupper. We are 16-4-1 right now.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
OK I know I'm bad, but how the hell do you guys score goals? The goalie robs me every single time, I'm trying one timers, wristers from the slot nothing ever goes in. I'm even playing on Pro ..

Normally when I play I score on one timers and shots from the point, screens, etc. On be a pro I can't do anything...

Last edited:

Canucks420

Jun 23, 2014
Prince Rupert, BC
In my Live The Life i played as a RW Sniper, Kendall Clark, a 6'0 220 LB'er. Played Junior with Vancouver, lead the WHL in scoring in 3 out of 4 years, won a Memorial Cup in the draft year, had 12 points in the tourney, nearest was 6. Developed a rivalry with Jake Virtanen (Stole the scoring title on the last day when I simmed, thought I had it) and got drafted by the Oilers 22nd overall, which for a guy who lead the WHL in scoring back to back, seemed weird, but whatever. Dominated junior for a little while longer, stepped into the NHL after all elgibility was used. Entered the league at like, 86 or 88 Overall. Piled up points, fought Ovie, who was second in scoring to me, at the All-Star Game. and helped lead an Oilers team to the Best record in the West. Winning the Art Ross, and Richard. (Calder, Hart, Lindsay TBD) and in the first two playoff games, I get tossed for dirty hits as the Oilers fell in back to back games to the Wild, eventually won the series 4-2, but lost Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to Post concussion (Did somebody say Lindros?) Soon to enter the 2nd round against Phoenix, I like simming. It's alot less time consuming, and I get decently realistic, but still dominant stats. Wow, what a wall of text.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
As a goalie, the thing that baffles me most is how my D will refuse to intercept passes, or play between me and the forwards. It's stunning how often one timers will go through them, or how often an opposing forward will instantly bury the rebound because my Dman is just gifting him net position.

Meanwhile, on the other end of the ice, it's common for passes to be picked off and opposing defenders don't let my forwards near rebounds.

I really want to know who at EA thought these would be good design ideas.

potentpotable

Jul 13, 2014
Just started BAP for the first time on NHL 14, picked Nazem Kadri because I didn't want to deal with minor league BS. Rookie difficulty so everything is mega easy. Started as a 1C, won every FO and scored 23 goals and 3 assists in my first three games then got DEMOTED to the second line. Maybe I had a few turnovers but I didn't play poorly by any standard (A, A+, A+ rating). Didn't make any mistakes in interviews, either.

The reason? F—ing Randy Carlyle. EA must've hardcoded bad blood between Carlyle and Kadri, like rumoured in real life.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I've never had the being demoted problem, ever. I play on the hardest difficulty and don't score many points, turn the puck over fairly often, and take dumb penalties, but I stayed on the top line for ages until I did something naughty off the ice and they demoted me to the 2nd

What I do have a problem with is the GM trading away good roster players for picks and scrubs

In the 2015/16 season our lineup looks like this at full health:

Tedenby 81 - Zajac 85 - Brunner 81
Raymond 80 - Henrique 83 - myself
Clowe 81 - Josefson 78 - Slater 77
Sheahan 74 - Fiddler 76 - Graovac 68

Merrill 83 - Larsson 83
Volchenkov 82 - Polak 82
Fayne 81 - Gelinas 80

Schneider 85
DiPietro 81

We are 17-22-11, I've got 9 goals 20 assists

Last edited:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Got NHL 14 today just cause I haven't played a hockey game in forever and decided to start one of these.

Name: Nick Anderson
Position: TWF
71 OVR
6 feet, 196 lbs.
Style: Physical, defensively responsible playmaker

Did "Begin at NHL Entry Draft." Played for Plymouth in the Memorial Cup, went 2-2, got a goal and 4 assists. I'm playing on All-Star, regular simulation. Drafted in the early 3rd round by Calgary. Played our first preseason game, assisted Sven Baertschi for the only goal of the game in the 3rd (I sim the first two periods). Got promoted to the first line for the next game.

So far, gameplay is decent enough.

Two pet peeves: Your defensemen NEVER step up to stop the CPU from cutting off the boards into the slot, so I have to abandon the point man to hit the guy cutting to the middle every time. And I wish there was a way to turn down the amount of board play. I swear, any time a puck is in the corner, my AI get sucked into the wall, and the CPU wins the puck 75% of the time.

As for presentation...I have no idea why EA didn't just copy off NBA 2k's Be a Pro.

Last edited:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
5 games in, first "WTF" moment.

The Flames are 4-1-0.
My stats: 5 GP, 2 G, 4 A
After we won our last game, the coach goes, "Because of your positioning, we are demoting you to the second line."
...I've been getting all A/A+ for my position play.
And my line is scoring most of our goals, and we're rarely getting scored on.
But yeah, breaking up the best line on the team seems smart. Thanks EA

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Position: LW
Height: 5'10
Weight: 197
Draft Position: 22 (NYI)

Age 17 (London Nights): 65/45/50/95
18 (NYI): 81/18/27/45
19 (NYI): 80/34/32/66
20 (NYI): 8037/33/70
21 (OTT): 82/43/30/73
22 (TOR): 83//66/33/99
23 (TOR): 82/73/41/114
24 (TOR): 82/77/37/114
25 (TOR): 81/79/48/127
26 (TOR): 82/94/35/129
27 (COL) - In progress: 58/47/48/95

Last edited:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Well this is a first, my team actually made a major deadline acquisition that shored up our main weakness

Toronto got Ryan Suter for 2 1sts and a prospect

He's 36 years old now, but he's a major boost to the top 4

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Oh my god the defensive AI is worthless in this game. I just managed to be a minus 4 against LA.

Goals:
We win the draw in our own end, a defenseman gets the puck in front of our goal. Doesn't move or pass the puck, does literally nothing. Gets hit, loses the puck. Mike Richards scores from a foot out.

The computer does the usual cut to the middle crap. I step up, take the puck carrier out. My center watches as Kopitar grabs the loose puck and roofs it.

Kiprusoff gives up a goal on an unscreened, undeflected point shot.

Chris Butler board plays himself. I follow the game directions, go to the point to keep my position score up. The puck gets kicked to the slot. Kyle Clifford is surrounded by 3 of my teammates. They watch as he shoots and scores.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
25 games in. Some fully simmed, mostly played just the 3rd period of games.
9 G, 9 A, 18 pts. Second on the Flames in scoring to Mike Cammalleri.

Season goals:
Score 13 goals. Definitely on track to complete that.
Notch 23 assists. That will hopefully happen...but I had something like 5 assists in my first 8 games, then got kicked down to the second line. My line mates, Lee Stempniak and Blake Comeau, have combined for 8 goals so far this year. :help:
Score 39 points. Not sure if I'll get there.
Take 95 shots. Nearly there already.
Finish top 10 in Calder voting. At the moment, I'm #1 in voting, so that's good.

And the Flames are 12-11-2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad