Be A Pro thread

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
How do you guys plan on playing/simming? Play the 3rd period of every game? Play every 3rd or 4th game?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Not sure. With the new option to have simming not hurt your BAP's line assignment (FINALLY), I might do some of everything. One BAP sim-only, one play-only, one combo.

ehhteen

5-14-6-1
Jan 15, 2010
Connor's Place
Could anybody tell me if The commentators will use Nugent-Hopkins as a play by play name? I'd like to make a pro as close to him as I can and was wondering if the commentators say his name.

Thanks!

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
I am playing whole games. only simming up to my next shift. In the OHL playing a full season.A few games away from the prospects game

Bullwine85

Jan 3, 2013
Neenah, WI
Playing a mixture of fully played games, partially simmed games, and simmed games. In the WHL with the Saskatoon Blades.

A good number of hits, good number of assists....and still no goals through two games because the goalie has been flat out robbing me. Maybe Prince Albert has a great goaltender, idk:laugh::help: Will probably play a few more before I think about touching the sliders for CPU goalies. Just thankful he isn't one of last year's "Spiderman" goalies

snizzbone*

I turned the simming penalty off and am just simming through a year in the CHL. Got moved down to the 2nd line after posting 5 points in 6 games.. hopefully that is just a blip and not something that is going to keep happening.

snizzbone*

I turned the simming penalty off and am just simming through a year in the CHL. Got moved down to the 2nd line after posting 5 points in 6 games.. hopefully that is just a blip and not something that is going to keep happening.

Moved down to the 3rd line now due to positioning/team play effort.

Looks like the new toggle doesn't do anything.

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
Moved down to the 3rd line now due to positioning/team play effort.

Looks like the new toggle doesn't do anything.

I got moved down to the second line twice and back up. still off a little on positioning

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Lost the memorial cup, Had a breakaway with 4 seconds left and got stoned by the goalie.
Drafted first overall by CBJ...dissed the team upon being drafted and immediately got traded to the Flyers...the gameplay itself is super fun (I skipped NHL 13)

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Starting out as a defensive defenseman on the Erie Otters. Going to be in it through the long haul. I guess interviews and stuff don't happen till the draft?

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Started on Early Release.

RW Enforcer drafted in the 2nd round 60th overall by Winnipeg.

Playing 2nd line in my 2nd season alongside Evander Kane and Bryan Little. Only a 67 overall. Play every 4th game.

Teammate likeness is 74 and Fan likeness is 71

snizzbone*

Starting out as a defensive defenseman on the Erie Otters. Going to be in it through the long haul. I guess interviews and stuff don't happen till the draft?

I've got a ton of interviews via simming. You'll likely get one every 3-4 games.

Isles Enforcer

Sep 22, 2005
New York
www.islesenforcers.com
On a terrible Sarnia team. Just scored my first two goals of the season. 1st Line Center. Assistant Captain. Anyone please tell me how to call for a pass. My team just skates around for hours until they lose the puck, while Im wide open in the slot. The team wants me to score 30 goals this season and if I can't get the puck, that isn't going to happen.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
On a terrible Sarnia team. Just scored my first two goals of the season. 1st Line Center. Assistant Captain. Anyone please tell me how to call for a pass. My team just skates around for hours until they lose the puck, while Im wide open in the slot. The team wants me to score 30 goals this season and if I can't get the puck, that isn't going to happen.

Same button you pass with, R2 or RT

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
I can't wait till I get paid on Friday so I can pick this up. Haven't played more then 6 months in a Be A Pro mode since NHL 09. Just got boring. Can't wait to start my career over again.

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
They now have an option to remove the simming penalty so i play when I want. Im a RW powerforward on Dallas 3rd line

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Just started and already am into November. Simming 5-6 and playing 1. Sniper for the Portland Winterhawks.

Ive noticed that Automatic aiming in this game blows and Manual is deadly accurate.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I think I'll start in the CHL this year since you can turn off the simulation penalty now. Not sure what team I'll choose though.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Wouldn't the 67's be the logical choice considering your location? :sarcasm:;)

Nah they suck too much :laugh:

Plus, Konecny isn't even in the game (1st overall pick from this year).

Edit - Decided to play for Barrie.

Last edited:

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Haven't played BAP yet but I seen someone say that, like last year before the tuner, you get taken off the ice after every whistle even if you were just put out. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad