Be A Pro thread

Cruoris

Devourer of goals
Jul 24, 2014
They get boosts if the team is playing well. I'm on the Hawks, and for a while, I was the worst player in the top 6 at 92 overall (we kind of dominated)

Thanks for explaining that. I was wondering the same thing.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
This is my favorite mode, so it's upsetting to see it devolve for next gen

It's like NHL 10 style BaP mode

I'll have to play 3 minute periods and make it an arcade-y check-fest just to have any fun

Last edited:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
So begins the story of Dick Dagger (LtL PS3 Superstar Hardcore)

A Memorial Cup champion with the Oil Kings, Dagger was optioned by the Tampa Bay Lightning at 18th overall

I somehow was able to simulate through pre-season without getting shuffled through the lineup

As a 68 OV grinder, I'm starting the year on the top line centering Stamokos and Jagr

This should be a fun season

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
All the hockey history hipsters can put the arguments for Gretzky to rest

Romper Stomper is the greatest hockey player of all time

6 Cups and 6 Conn Smythes in 6 years, 5 as captain with 2 different teams

He's like if Messier was Gretzky, with the playoff legacy of 2 Patrick Roys

But in only 6 years

Last edited:

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
Fighting through it on the next gen console. I love the mode so much, but sitting on the bench is brutal. Anyway, didn't update my guy's height, but I'm pretty sure Boyle's stick is taller than my pro. :laugh:

B1ksihcCAAE_aMW.jpg

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
Still playing NHL14, I'm being an ******* with my Pro.
Just got called up from AHL after putting up 18 goals in 14 games, playing on the first line with Tavares.
I'm +10 Fans, -8 Teammates, -7 Team, -2 Family
First season

Zetterbeard

Nov 5, 2014
After quitting NHL14 in January (HUT) I decided to play Be A Pro. I made a big power forward and tore through the OHL. I finished on top in all the big skater stat categories but got drafted 2nd overall by the Coyotes for some reason.

I had a bonehead moment and simmed through preseason, and because of that I got sent back to the OHL. I won the championship and Memorial Cup again and led every category again. I played the preseason games this time but also requested a trade. I got a message saying I was guaranteed a roster spot with the Coyotes and then a message saying I got traded to Pittsburgh. Since I didn't play any preseason games for the Pens, they sent me back to the OHL for the THIRD year...

An 85 overall in the OHL lol. That's where I got last night and shut it off. I think I'll just sim the whole season. I wanna get to the NHL before my player gets grey hair lol.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
For old gen NHL15, is anyone else noticing that there are a ridiculously high number of goals being scored from impossible angles?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
For old gen NHL15, is anyone else noticing that there are a ridiculously high number of goals being scored from impossible angles?
I've noticed them, but not necessarily a "ridiculous" amount.

Team is 2nd in the division, I'm ripping it up at almost point per game with Gionta on the first line, and Sabres trade him to Vancouver for Cole Cassels. Wtf man I don't want to play with Chris Stewart.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
I'm playing my sixth season in LTL and there's something I've noticed. Drafted players aren't as good as they're in GM mode. Almost every team has below 80 defender in their top 4 and no new goalies has yet jumped to more than 83 or so.

I love the LTL on old gen on nhl15 because of the improved AI but it kinda ruins the game when everybody just retires and there is no legit replacements for them. I think they're also using more old CHLers instead of generating new rookies. For example in 2016 draft Conor Garland(undrafted 2014) went 1st overall. I have never seen this kind of stuff in GM mode.

Is this that kind of a problem that new roster update can fix or do I have to do some roster updating myself and hand out better potentials to under aged players?

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
My LTL freezes everytime I go through the Q...
This happen to anyone else ?

Yep it is a known glitch. Basically if you start in CHL you're never gonna play a game in NHL because you'll never get to the draft day lol.

It's freaking unbelievable that EA knows this glitch but can't do anything about it. It's real shame too because I enjoy playing in CHL so much

BillyZane23

Feb 1, 2015
Please help?! Be a pro mode questions

I just rented '15 since I've been stuck on '12 since it came out. Before I decide I want to buy it, there's 2 issues I have that I must be overlooking something. Is there a way to start your pro career in the chl? It's backwards that you can be young and start your position on whatever pro team you want! I want to earn and work my way up to it. Second of all, when you are in the penalty box why can't you sim through the time? I don't want to sit there for 5 minutes watching a game thats being simulated anyway! There has to be something I'm doing wrong cause it just seems ridiculous.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
I just rented '15 since I've been stuck on '12 since it came out. Before I decide I want to buy it, there's 2 issues I have that I must be overlooking something. Is there a way to start your pro career in the chl? It's backwards that you can be young and start your position on whatever pro team you want! I want to earn and work my way up to it. Second of all, when you are in the penalty box why can't you sim through the time? I don't want to sit there for 5 minutes watching a game thats being simulated anyway! There has to be something I'm doing wrong cause it just seems ridiculous.

I assume you're playing on next gen. On next gen you can't start in chl. On the other hand on old gen you can start in chl but that game mode is broken at least for me.

Also you can't sim through penalties on next gen but you can on old gen(at least if you're playing 20min periods).

I hope I answered your questions

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
I assume you're playing on next gen. On next gen you can't start in chl. On the other hand on old gen you can start in chl but that game mode is broken at least for me.

Also you can't sim through penalties on next gen but you can on old gen(at least if you're playing 20min periods).

I hope I answered your questions

Pretty sure BaP is broken for everyone on old gen. That **** sucks because I liked playing it one in a while... Guess I'll have to play EASHL and BaGM.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Yep it is a known glitch. Basically if you start in CHL you're never gonna play a game in NHL because you'll never get to the draft day lol.

It's freaking unbelievable that EA knows this glitch but can't do anything about it. It's real shame too because I enjoy playing in CHL so much

This glitch ruined the game for me

Single player LtL is my go to mode, and my favorite way to play is to build a character up from nothing

Since you can't start in junior, I've just stuck to 14 this year

Last year's broken game > this year's broken game

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
This glitch ruined the game for me

Single player LtL is my go to mode, and my favorite way to play is to build a character up from nothing

Since you can't start in junior, I've just stuck to 14 this year

Last year's broken game > this year's broken game

Seriously. As if they haven't looked or fixed this yet. Gamebreaking bugs should be priority #1. They're probably too busy working on repainting the menu themes for NHL16 :shakehead

As a developer myself, I don't see what they did that was so major that it managed to break a mode that was working fine in 14... I don't get it and that pisses me off a lot.

I'll agree to more weird shots. I find tipping the puck and some different style shots seem to go in more in 15 than in 14.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Got my TWD (84 overall) drafted 1st overall by the Panthers. I played the preseason, scored multiple points each game and still got sent down. Said **** that, re-loaded the game from right before I got sent down and demanded a trade. They said they'd shop me immediately, still sent me down, then traded me for two firsts to the Rangers, who called me up immediately (apparently the games not at all realistic) and put me on the second pairing. The trade request was fulfilled in a couple days.

I'm tempted to play Live the Life with Evander Kane, be an ******* in all my interviews and keep demanding trades, just to see how long it takes virtual Chevy to move him.

I can't believe how many times I'll start a shift when the puck is already in my end and we'll get scored on before I can even get to the blue-line. You'd think it'd be easy enough for EA to make it so defensemen change in realistic scenarios. Of course, playing as a forward is even less realistic because your linemates typically can't do ****. At least as a defenseman taking point shots the deflections and rebounds work pretty well.

Last edited:

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
I got drafted 3rd overall by the Oilers as a defensive defenseman. I'm in my 3rd year now and we are first in the NHL. I am plus 93, have 40 goals and 99 points in 68 games. It kills it for me having those kind of stats as a defensive defenseman and its not like I can turn the difficulty up as its already the highest it can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad