Be A Pro thread

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yah seriously, when I'm the only one on the team with a brain I hate getting blamed for losses and try say I played poorly because my teammates switched off and gave them a break away. I remember one time, the team was down 4-0 I scored a hatrick but we couldn't tie it up, the coach told me that they wouldn't except losing and they expected better from me, I was the only one doing something.

It's even worse for goalies. If you lose 2-1 and get shelled, you'll get the "We aren't going to accept losing. We expect better from you message" and they dock your earned XP sharply. That has been a massive flaw for years.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
It's even worse for goalies. If you lose 2-1 and get shelled, you'll get the "We aren't going to accept losing. We expect better from you message" and they dock your earned XP sharply. That has been a massive flaw for years.

That's the main reason I only ever played one game as a goalie

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Wow, what a year

Romper Stomper entered the NHL, and made it his playtoy

The rookie scored 58 goals and 93 assists totaling 151 points, leading the league in all three categories

Though he lost his left wing in JVR halfway through the season to an MCL sprain, he found ridiculous chemistry with Phil Kessel

He helped the winger score a career high 53-49-102 and lead the Leafs to a 60-17-5 regular season record, winning a second straight Presidents Trophy

Tragedy struck early in the playoffs, when Phil Kessel broke his hand in game 5 of the first round, it didn't look like he was coming back

The Leafs' scoring depth was tested, but Joffrey Lupul filled in admirably on the top line, and Toronto stormed past NYR in 6 and OTT in 5

The Eastern Conference Finals was a whole different story

For whatever reason, the Leafs just couldn't seem to solve Anton Khubodin and the Carolina Hurricanes

They dropped the first three games, being outscored by a two to one margin (10-5)

Being on the absolute brink of extinction, The team looked to it's veteran leadership to right the ship, as David Clarkson scored his second goal of game 4 in OT to stave off elimination

Seemingly tired of laying down for the opposition, Romper Stomper put the team on his back, scoring 19 points in the 7 game series, including setting up JVR in OT game 7 to send the Leafs to the Stanley Cup Final

And who do they meet, but Romper Stomper's draft team, the team he requested a trade from not 1 year ago, the Calgary Flames

The finals were hectic, Toronto had to respond to series deficits twice in a row, but won game 5 at home setting up the possible clincher in Calgary

It's June 10th, 2017. Phil Kessel has a broken hand and cannot play hockey. He doesn't care.

Suiting up for the Maple Leafs for the first time since the first round, Kessel had a ridiculous Game 6, scoring a hat trick and 5 points including the Stanley Cup winner 10:41 into the 3rd period assisted by Morgan Rielly and James Van Riemsdyke, bringing Toronto it's first championship in 50 years

Romper Stomper shattered the previous playoff scoring record, going 20-36-56 in 24 games

He took home the Hart, Ross, Lindsey, Richard, Selke, Calder, and Smythe trophies, essentially sweeping the NHL's trophy case

In a single season, the 21 year old has reached the NHL's highest highs, and forever cemented himself as a hero in Toronto. . . and a villain in Calgary

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
I'm gonna be able to do this. I got this.

BoWpDhqCAAABVuA.jpg

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Simming a game up until the 3rd period still counts as a game played right? because i want to unlock the boosts that i don't have that require playing 40 games. usually i sim 3 games entirely and then play one, but that didn't give me enough games played..

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
It's even worse that they expect 67 wins, and with the level that the team your on plays at, I wouldn't be too excited about that. :laugh:

Aug 6, 2012
Be a pro is so flawed.

When the opposing team controls the puck in your zone its nearly impossible to take the puck off of them and you're usually stuck in your own zone for the entire shift watching the CPU. Your teammates board play way too often too.

When you're in their zone you get tapped and lose the puck. Your teammates constantly give up the puck and rarely do anything productive.

Another thing I notice is when the computer board plays in your zone, they make great, hard passes that go right through the defenders. But when your own guys board play in the o-zone, their passes never go more then like a foot and are ALWAYS picked off.

Superstar simply makes the other computer players way better than your own. They're faster, stronger, smarter, etc. EA does a terrible job of making the game fun or realistic. The mechanics of this game are silly.

vilyzz

Apr 13, 2014
Name: Ilya Kuleshov
Native: Russia
Shoots: Right
Position: Forward
Height: 6'9" Weight: 265lb
Number: 77 (76)
Team: LA Kings
Drafted: 15th overall by the Buffalo Sabres 2013
Playing style: Power forward
Career: Big 6 feet 9 tall monster Ilya Kuleshov from Seattle Thunderbirds got drafted by the Buffalo Sabres 15th overall in 2013 after recording 3 goals and 1 assist in 4 games of memorial cup playoffs. After draft he told the management that "I dont wanna be any part of this organization and never wanted to get drafted here". After that statement, the big russian got traded to the LA Kings exchange from 2014 7th round pick. In Los Angeles Kuleshov made it to the team and he has become a raising star here in Hollywood, Los Angeles. His sarcastic statements and jokes about the teammates may make them angry but he is more likely become fan favorite.I've played every game and his stats for now are:
Gp:27 Points: 31+8=39 Pims: 188 +/-: -5
Style of play: Kuleshov plays very offensive hockey and he is making lot of goals. He is leading the whole league goal totals but also is first in hits and points. His aggressive backchecking, useless overkills and late checks causes the opponents lot of injuries but also causing Kuleshov himself multiple game-misconducts. He is the heaviest guy in the league and you can't avoid contact if he is on the ice. He plays in the LA's first line and he is trying to win the calder, hart, maurice richard and art ross trophies.

The story begins:
Kuleshov has helped the Kings to turn the season around. The record looks better now (29-25-5) and Kings are sitting on a playoff spot placed 3rd in pacific divison. Kuleshov is leading the league in points with the total of 72+38=110 in 58 games. Kings are doing pretty good and heading into the playoffs when they just hit the olympic break.
Kuleshovs stats:
Gp:58 Points: 72+38=110 pim: 315 +/-:+3 ppg: 3 gwg: 12 shots: 537 hits: 597
Kuleshov is heading to the olympics with team russia...

vilyzz

Apr 13, 2014
Career: Big 6 feet 9 tall monster Ilya Kuleshov from Seattle Thunderbirds got drafted by the Buffalo Sabres 15th overall in 2013 after recording 3 goals and 1 assist in 4 games of memorial cup playoffs. After draft he told the management that "I dont wanna be any part of this organization and never wanted to get drafted here". After that statement, the big russian got traded to the LA Kings exchange from 2014 7th round pick. In Los Angeles Kuleshov made it to the team and he has become a raising star here in Hollywood, Los Angeles. His sarcastic statements and jokes about the teammates may make them angry but he is more likely become fan favorite.I've played every game and his stats for now are:
Style of play: Kuleshov plays very offensive hockey and he is making lot of goals. He is leading the whole league goal totals but also is first in hits and points. His aggressive backchecking, useless overkills and late checks causes the opponents lot of injuries but also causing Kuleshov himself multiple game-misconducts. He is the heaviest guy in the league and you can't avoid contact if he is on the ice. He plays in the LA's first line and he is trying to win the calder, hart, maurice richard and art ross trophies.

Story begins:
The Kings are not doing good right now. They have passed the trade deadline and they are not sitting in a playoffs spot. With the record of 33-31-7, they are sitting 6th in pacific division only two points from the last wild card spot. Kings also have some injuries to deal with (Gaborik, Kopitar). The race is not gonna be easy not only because of the injuries, but bad goaltending. Jonathan Quick is playing terrible with the save percentage of 90.09 and goals against average of 3.24. He is the dead last in those stats in goalies who have played more than 15 games. Martin Jones is also ******** the bed with the gaa at 3.54 and s% of 87.96. Kuleshov has played good consistently and is gonna most likely win the Maurice and Art Ross. His stats are now:
Gp: 68 Points: 87+48=135 pims: 336 +/-: -8 shots: 648 hits: 704
Kings may not be in playoffs this year if the goaltending isnt gonna turn into better way.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I was just given credit for an OT loss after losing 4-1 to the Ducks

We even got a point in the standings

Ranger Wolf

Red Dwarf XI & XII
Feb 12, 2003
Temecula, CA
Visit site
Why can't this mode approach the quality of Road to the Show in MLB The Show franchise? Laziness.

My 5-tool RF just finished his third full season in the majors with his second consecutive batting title and got the Astros to the ALCS for the first time in history. Stupid Athletics put the hurt on us and then proceeded to lose to the Reds in the World Series.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My dman is a beast. The opposite of my goalie.

I have noticed that if I hit heavily in the first two periods, it seems to tilt the ice for me/my team in the 3rd. Can anyone confirm that?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Be a pro is so flawed.

When the opposing team controls the puck in your zone its nearly impossible to take the puck off of them and you're usually stuck in your own zone for the entire shift watching the CPU. Your teammates board play way too often too.

When you're in their zone you get tapped and lose the puck. Your teammates constantly give up the puck and rarely do anything productive.

THIS! It pisses me off to no end how I can position myself perfectly and get a real nice poke off and it will miss or they will get by and how every time I start backchecking, I can never catch up to them cleanly (even though I have 94 SPD/ACC). Then I get into their zone and literally no animation for any sort of defensive move happens and suddenly the puck comes off my stick. Admittedly, I used to never deke or shield the puck and I do that more now and it helps but it's still annoying.

That and the damn interviews. I don't need to answer 4 questions after and before every game. If you've just played the game then okay sure but if I'm simming through games, DON'T ask me questions, it slows down my sim.

I think I'm in my 5th or 6th NHL season with the Sabres. Pretty much the entire team is still in tact which is pleasantly surprising. I remember getting to Anaheim in 13 and the whole team was gutted. Miller and Makarov are both 89. Leino, Foligno, Hodgson and a bunch of others are still all there and 88+. Only guy who left last season after winning the Cup was Ehrhoff. Suddenly I'm captain too. I thought it was based on who was there the longest. Also, they gave me no indication I was gonna be captain :laugh:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I thought I was going to have to wait for Henrik Sedin to retire before Vancouver gave me captaincy, but at the start of my 5th season, I got the C and Henril now sports an A. Of course, I didn't notice until 30 games in.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Did you're player threaten someone to get that point? :sarcasm:

I think if you quit the game in disgust at just the right time (about a second left) it sometimes gives you an extra OTL point

It happened to me again after losing 8-2 to the Devis

Last edited:

Blonic

Jun 9, 2014
Got tired of doing GM mode, so I've transitioned over to doing Be-A-Pro. Never got more than a year, but I've committed to at least getting through five.

Name- Russell Whitaker
Nationality- England
Height- 6' 2"
Weight- 220
Age- 19
Position- Right Wing
CHL team- Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds

A natural two-way forward and talented prospect, Whitaker made the move to Canada to join the Junior leagues. He joined a Sault Ste. Marie team that was already led by center Jared McCann and Sergey Tolchinsky, eventually taking over the latter's place on first line right wing. In Sault, Whitaker had a season to remember, leading the OHL in goals, assists and takeaways. As Alternate Captain of the team, Whitaker set a fine example, leading the team past their season rivals, the London Knights, in the OHL conference finals. However, Whitaker would cause some controversy in the series, as he severely injured Phoenix prospect and rival Max Domi with a crushing body check in game three that left him off the ice for the rest of the year. After cruising to a victory in six games, they eliminated the Kingston Frontenacs in five and made their way to the Memorial Cup.

In the Memorial Cup, the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds refused to be stopped, eliminating the competition in every match they faced. In the final, Sault Ste. Marie defeated the Drummondville Voltigeurs 5-2, with Whitaker scoring twice and assisting once in the final.

Season Stats:
GP: 70
G: 58
A:77
P: 135
Takeaways: 93
+/-: 76

With the first overall pick of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select...

RUSSELL WHITAKER!

The winners of the draft lottery (finished 26th in the NHL standings) St Louis Blues took Whitaker with the first overall pick, with the dead-last LA Kings drafting Aaron Ekblad immediately after.

Q- Russell, what's it like to be drafted by St. Louis?

A- Amazing. I've never been, but I've heard great things about the organization and the team. I hope I can lead this team above and beyond, but quite honestly, I'm just trying to make the team at this point. *Laughs*

Q- Do you think this team can win the Cup for the first time with your impact play?

A- I don't know if that's in the cards right away, but I can hope, yeah? I can't wait to get working with some of the best in the game- Miller, Pietrangelo, Backes- I'm sure we can make something great happen.

Perhaps the most astounding part of the draft was when Whitaker returned to the stage the next day to announce the Blues' second round pick.

With the 34th pick in the NHL entry draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select...

JARED MCCANN!

A truly interesting choice by the Blues organization, having Whitaker announce his teammate and good friend Jared as their second round draft choice. It was a turning point in the team's history, and hopefully, the young Sault duo can return St. Louis to the top. What's become blatantly clear, is that Sault Ste. Marie has just found their NHL team to root for.

Over the summer, Whitaker was invited by David Backes to train with him personally, with the intent that they would likely be future linemates. The two both hit it off, with Whitaker taking plenty of tips from the former Selke nominee to implement in his own game.

In the preseason, Whitaker showed himself to be every bit the exciting prospect he is. He led the team in assists during the preseason with four, as well as scoring two goals. Although the coach indicated he would be starting on a third line with Derek Roy and Patrik Berglund, there would be plenty of opportunity for promotion.

Heading into the 2014/2015 season, things look bright for young Whitaker, and hopefully a new era in the Blues' history has begun. Perhaps, one with the trophy that has eluded them their entire existence.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Got tired of doing GM mode, so I've transitioned over to doing Be-A-Pro. Never got more than a year, but I've committed to at least getting through five.

Name- Russell Whitaker
Nationality- England
Height- 6' 2"
Weight- 220
Age- 19
Position- Right Wing
CHL team- Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds

A natural two-way forward and talented prospect, Whitaker made the move to Canada to join the Junior leagues. He joined a Sault Ste. Marie team that was already led by center Jared McCann and Sergey Tolchinsky, eventually taking over the latter's place on first line right wing. In Sault, Whitaker had a season to remember, leading the OHL in goals, assists and takeaways. As Alternate Captain of the team, Whitaker set a fine example, leading the team past their season rivals, the London Knights, in the OHL conference finals. However, Whitaker would cause some controversy in the series, as he severely injured Phoenix prospect and rival Max Domi with a crushing body check in game three that left him off the ice for the rest of the year. After cruising to a victory in six games, they eliminated the Kingston Frontenacs in five and made their way to the Memorial Cup.

In the Memorial Cup, the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds refused to be stopped, eliminating the competition in every match they faced. In the final, Sault Ste. Marie defeated the Drummondville Voltigeurs 5-2, with Whitaker scoring twice and assisting once in the final.

Season Stats:
GP: 70
G: 58
A:77
P: 135
Takeaways: 93
+/-: 76

With the first overall pick of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select...

RUSSELL WHITAKER!

The winners of the draft lottery (finished 26th in the NHL standings) St Louis Blues took Whitaker with the first overall pick, with the dead-last LA Kings drafting Aaron Ekblad immediately after.

Q- Russell, what's it like to be drafted by St. Louis?

A- Amazing. I've never been, but I've heard great things about the organization and the team. I hope I can lead this team above and beyond, but quite honestly, I'm just trying to make the team at this point. *Laughs*

Q- Do you think this team can win the Cup for the first time with your impact play?

A- I don't know if that's in the cards right away, but I can hope, yeah? I can't wait to get working with some of the best in the game- Miller, Pietrangelo, Backes- I'm sure we can make something great happen.

Perhaps the most astounding part of the draft was when Whitaker returned to the stage the next day to announce the Blues' second round pick.

With the 34th pick in the NHL entry draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select...

JARED MCCANN!

A truly interesting choice by the Blues organization, having Whitaker announce his teammate and good friend Jared as their second round draft choice. It was a turning point in the team's history, and hopefully, the young Sault duo can return St. Louis to the top. What's become blatantly clear, is that Sault Ste. Marie has just found their NHL team to root for.

Over the summer, Whitaker was invited by David Backes to train with him personally, with the intent that they would likely be future linemates. The two both hit it off, with Whitaker taking plenty of tips from the former Selke nominee to implement in his own game.

In the preseason, Whitaker showed himself to be every bit the exciting prospect he is. He led the team in assists during the preseason with four, as well as scoring two goals. Although the coach indicated he would be starting on a third line with Derek Roy and Patrik Berglund, there would be plenty of opportunity for promotion.

Heading into the 2014/2015 season, things look bright for young Whitaker, and hopefully a new era in the Blues' history has begun. Perhaps, one with the trophy that has eluded them their entire existence.
Great post! You got me excited, can't wait for more!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ha, Kovalchuk (my teammate) just got into a fight. An uppercut sent his helmet straight up, and then Kovy launched the helmet across the ice after he caught it while throwing a punch

Blonic

Jun 9, 2014
Russell Whitaker suited up for his first NHL game against the Dallas Stars on October 4th, 2013. He was given special permission by the team's management to wear the famed #7 jersey, which was unofficially retired for St Louis legends Garry Unger, Keith Tkachuk, Red Berenson and Joe Mullen. In the locker room, the player was visibly confident and ready for his first game.

The confidence seemed to help Whitaker, as he flawlessly integrated himself with Coach Hitchcock's defense-first plan. Him and center Patrik Berglund developed almost instant chemistry, with Whitaker earning his first point off a clean assist to an open Berglund in the slot. The Blues would go on to win the game 3-1, with Whitaker sporting a healthy 1 assist, two takeaways and a +1.

Q: "How did you feel out there tonight?"

A: "It's one of those feelings you don't forget. I felt pretty comfortable out there, though- We were getting plenty of opportunities. I feel like a few more should come my way in the future."

And they did. St Louis would take a quick charge to the top as the league's premier team, making an astounding 18-1-2 start to the season. Whitaker's third line was a huge factor in this, with the young winger notching 7 goals and 13 assists. This warranted his movement up to the second line, a more offensively styled line featuring young, talented forwards Vladimir Tarasenko and TJ Oshie.

Although they cooled off collectively, with the team going 6-2-2 in the next ten games, the second line showed promise that is reserved for elite talent. Whitaker allowed himself to shift into a more defensive role, letting Oshie and Tarasenko handle the offensive load. It earned him praise amongst the fans and NHL analysts, often shutting down the best players in the NHL. In a game against the New York Rangers, Whitaker held his opposite player, Rick Nash, to 1 shot and a -2 on the game.

After only a few games on the second line, Ken Hitchcock made the decision to finally unite Whitaker and Backes. Whitaker was now getting first line ice time with Alternate Alexander Steen and Captain David Backes, which must have put an immense pressure on the young player to produce. And produce he did.

The third game Whitaker played on the first line was against the Blues' hated rivals, the Chicago Blackhawks. The intensity of the Scottrade Center was at an all-time high, with the two teams fighting in a back-and-forth battle. David Backes would sauce a perfect pass to Whitaker on the rush which he slotted away, the Blues leading 1-0 at the end of the first. The Blackhawks rallied back and scored twice, the second period finishing at a 2-1 mark.

In the third period, the offense produced, and produced well. Whitaker made a human highlight-reel move, deking through the legs of defender Nicklas Hjalmarsson and doing a power move to whip around Crawford's blocker side. The arena burst into applause, and momentum was back with the Blues. With sixteen seconds left in the third period, Whitaker burst on a two on one with Alexander Steen, taking the shot and rifling the puck past Crawford's shoulder. His first hat trick!

As the hats rained down, Steen went to pick up the puck to give to the bench. However, Whitaker had other plans. He skated with the puck to the boards, tossing over his first hat trick puck to a young Blues fan sitting in the front rows. The boy tossed his hat back, and he took that back to the bench with him.

The game finished 4-2, with former linemate Patrik Berglund icing it with the empty netter.

The gesture turned a lot of heads in the non-hockey community, earning him praise in the news as a 'people's player'. He was for sure a more popular athlete now than he was the day before.

Q: "So, a hat trick tonight for you, your first in the NHL. How does that feel?"

A: "Just the best, just the best. I really didn't expect that [third goal] to go in, but we were pushing all night and we just finally got something to go right for us."

Q: "And the young player?"

A: "I saw him waving the whole game for a puck, and I felt kind of bad that I didn't toss him one before the warmup. I hope he enjoys it, and I hope I have a fan for life now."

Q: "But you don't feel strange giving away the puck? It's a big milestone."

A: "I'll have plenty of goals in the future and plenty of pucks. That's just one of many. Besides, do you see this hat? *Is wearing the child's hat* Way better."

With the All-Star weekend fast approaching, will Whitaker make the cut? Find out next time.

Last edited:

vilyzz

Apr 13, 2014
Career: Big 6 feet 9 tall monster Ilya Kuleshov from Seattle Thunderbirds got drafted by the Buffalo Sabres 15th overall in 2013 after recording 3 goals and 1 assist 4 games of memorial cup playoffs. After draft he told the management that "I dont wanna be any part of this organization and never wanted to get drafted here". After that statement, the big russian got traded to the LA Kings exchange from 2014 7th round pick. In Los Angeles Kuleshov made it to the team and he has become a raising star here in Hollywood, Los Angeles. His sarcastic statements and jokes about the teammates may make them angry but he is more likely become fan favorite.I've played every game and his stats for now are:

Kings are sitting in a playoff spot again after collapsing to the 6th place in pacific, they are now 3rd in the division with 82 points and record of 36-31-10 after 77 games. In the remaining 5 games, Kings have to really get some wins because the difference between the first team out is only one point. Kuleshov has been the difference maker this year and without him the Kings may not be in the playoffs. Kuleshov is gonna win the art ross and maurice richard trophies, but the fact that he is not defensive player might destroy his chances on hart trophy. He should be still clearly MVP of the year. His stats are now:
Gp: 72 Points: 94+53=147 pims: 340 +/-: -3 gwg: 16 Shots: 700 Checks: 739
Kuleshov was taking way too many penalties at the start but he has been playing pretty discipline style at the end of the year and he hasnt taken majors for long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad