Be A Pro Thread

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I was drafted to Minnesota and they haven't re-signed a single key player. They've let Granlund, Coyle, every goalie and some other players go. It's a little ridiculous. The third line has 60 something overalls on it and the 2 goalies are a 66 and 57. It's really annoying. My question is though, after the 3 year entry deal I'm obviously not re-signing with them, but does every team you play for do this or is it just the first team you get drafted to?

Never had that happen to me. I got drafted by Carolina and they built a powerhouse where they could get 60 wins in a season with me simming more than half the games.

DLANGUEDOC

Mar 18, 2013
I have some questions, maybe someone can help?

1st. How can I become (Assistant) Captain, and what would I have to do?

2nd. What age do you get Drafted into the NHL?

3rd. How long can BAP last without you manually retiring?

4th. When can you request a trade?

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Almost done my first season as a Goalie for the Kingston Frontenacs.

Just had a 28 save, 1-0 shootout victory. 5/6 shots saved in the shootout too! By far my best game, but I'm ripping it up. Doesn't hurt that my team's PP is at like 40% conversion rate.

Here's my stats:

Games Played: 55
Record: 41-8-5
Shutouts: 10
GAA: 1.39
SV%: .9272

I play with highly modified All Star settings to have the opposition shoot as much as possible, since having 12 shots a game against ruins any chance at decent SV%. As it is I'm averaging only 19.2 shots against per game, with 5 minute periods.

DLANGUEDOC

Mar 18, 2013
almost done my first season as a goalie for the kingston frontenacs.

Just had a 28 save, 1-0 shootout victory. 5/6 shots saved in the shootout too! By far my best game, but i'm ripping it up. Doesn't hurt that my team's pp is at like 40% conversion rate.

Here's my stats:

Games played: 55
record: 41-8-5
shutouts: 10
gaa: 1.39
sv%: .9272

i play with highly modified all star settings to have the opposition shoot as much as possible, since having 12 shots a game against ruins any chance at decent sv%. As it is i'm averaging only 19.2 shots against per game, with 5 minute periods.

the question is are you using anticupation or just staying in front of the shot?

DLANGUEDOC

Mar 18, 2013
So if this is a 'Track your career' thread,
Name Darias Kane (Canadian)
Height 6'0
Weight 185 lbs
Role Sniper
D.o.b 08/13/96
Team Vancouver Giants

Stats:
1st year (2012-2013)
Ovr: started overall 69
GP 72 (played 25 of those myself summed the rest)
Goals: 90 (I had a 10 goal game playing the whole thing myself)
Assists: 57
Playoffs: (2012-2013 WHL Playoff tournament)
GP: 23
Goals: 16
Assists: 21
Playoffs (2012-2013 CHL Presidents Cup)
GP: 4
Goals: 4 (Including the GWG OT winner in the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th game)
Assists: 3
Ended the year overall 76 (My ovr went up by 9)

2nd Year (2013-2014. Still in progress. Will update after every ten games).
GP: 15 (9 played myself)
Goals: 21
Assists: 15
Team record: 12-2-1 (We'e won 11 straight after going 1-2-1 in the first 4)
Currently Captain of the team.
Current ovr: 78
Ill update after every ten games.

DLANGUEDOC

Mar 18, 2013
2nd Year (2013-2014)
Player Info:
Name: Darias Kane
Nationality: Canadian
Type: Sniper
Height: 6'1
Weight: 187
D.O.B: 08/13/96
Draft Class: 2014

Player Stats: (2013-2014)
GP:22
Goals:29
Assists:20
Highlight of the 10 games:
I scored four straight unanswered in the last 8 minutes of the third etching my team to victory by one goal.
Next update in ten games.

DLANGUEDOC

Mar 18, 2013
2nd year (2013-2014)
Player Info:
Name: Darias Kane
Nationality:Canadian
Type: Sniper
D.O.B: 08/13/96
Height: 6'1
Weight: 187

GP:36
Goals:54
Assists:29
Team Record: 30-4-2

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
I had an idea but not sure if I'll do it. I thought about creating a 19 year old player for a team in the QMJHL at around 85-87 overall, and then starting a be-a-pro with him and trying to break Lemieux's 282 point season record?

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
This game mode really frustrates me sometimes.
Got drafted as McDavid 1st overall by Colorado who went 38 38 6 0. I play the the 1st exhibition game get 4 points, sim the next one, play the 2nd game and I got a goal. Then I was told by my GM that I was for sure going to be on the opening day roster, so I sim the last exhibition game and I am sent down to Erie.
So Im sent back down to Erie I am no longer captain and I have to start out on the 3rd line again. It is pretty boring being 78 overall in the OHL.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Finally finished my third year with the Blues organization. We missed the playoffs for the third straight year now. I finally had my breakout year, getting 110 points. I won my first hart, art ross and richard trophies. My gm had not really done anything to try and make our team better the last couple years, so in the offseason I signed for three years with the Habs, who jut won the cup. Just before the preseason starts, they trade for Patrick Marleau! Hoping for a great first year with Montreal!

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Finally finished my third year with the Blues organization. We missed the playoffs for the third straight year now. I finally had my breakout year, getting 110 points. I won my first hart, art ross and richard trophies. My gm had not really done anything to try and make our team better the last couple years, so in the offseason I signed for three years with the Habs, who jut won the cup. Just before the preseason starts, they trade for Patrick Marleau! Hoping for a great first year with Montreal!

How do you win the Art Ross, Richard, and Hart, yet still miss the playoffs? I guess I should ask Stamkos the same question.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Down 2-0 in the OHL Finals against Plymouth. Gave up a late goal in the 3rd to send the game to OT, needing a win to avoid going down 3-0.

Made 11 saves in OT, including 7 on a late Penalty Kill and won thanks to a late deflection goal.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
BAP is complete bargage. You should be allowed to sim the NHL games, forever. I simmed the pre-season and scored 3 goals in 3 games and then I WAS TOLD MY SPOT ON THE OPENING NIGHT ROSTER WAS GUARANTEED and then I all of a sudden was sent back down to the WHL. I don't f***ing understand.... I guess it's a game of accomplishments and you're supposed to actually play it but I find it'll take way to long and just **** let me do what I want. FFS...

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
This game mode really frustrates me sometimes.
Got drafted as McDavid 1st overall by Colorado who went 38 38 6 0. I play the the 1st exhibition game get 4 points, sim the next one, play the 2nd game and I got a goal. Then I was told by my GM that I was for sure going to be on the opening day roster, so I sim the last exhibition game and I am sent down to Erie.
So Im sent back down to Erie I am no longer captain and I have to start out on the 3rd line again. It is pretty boring being 78 overall in the OHL.

****. SAME DAMN THING HAPPEND TO ME. FFS... :rant:

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
That happened to me. I just saved before the preseason and kept simming throught the preseason and eventually on the like 7th try I stayed on the team.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
BAP is complete bargage. You should be allowed to sim the NHL games, forever. I simmed the pre-season and scored 3 goals in 3 games and then I WAS TOLD MY SPOT ON THE OPENING NIGHT ROSTER WAS GUARANTEED and then I all of a sudden was sent back down to the WHL. I don't f***ing understand.... I guess it's a game of accomplishments and you're supposed to actually play it but I find it'll take way to long and just **** let me do what I want. FFS...
You can sim games, just use the "Sim Game" thing. So you have to sim every game one by one, but it works.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
About to play my second game as a Windsor Spitfire. Goalie is such a hard position in this game. I've learned that following the puck instead of the player helps to make way better saves, because if I watch the player he dekes the **** out of me and scores.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Decided to do restart my goalie career by doing the NHL Entry Draft option. This time, with the Calgary Hitmen (Bret Hart FTW)

big19red86

Apr 9, 2013
Finished first regular season ever in any NHL game(played all 82 games) took a few months.

Position: Center
height:6'4"
weight:224
Overall: 76
Team: Dallas Stars
Record: 45-28-10 (4sd, 3rd best record in West but didn't win div)
Games: 82(Playing on superstar)
Goals: 44(14 PP, 9 GWG)(2nd in NHL)
Assists: 65(1st in NHL)
+/-: +15
FOW%: 48%(was in the low 30's for most of season, slowly improving)
Hits: 485(1st in NHL)
I like playing on the 1st line with Benn and Errickson. Only issue with this teams is they cant score when I' am not on the ice, and backup goalie Bachman leaks like a siv when he's in goal which is about 1 out of every 4 games.

In the first round of the playoffs against Minnesota up 2-1 in the series right now, had my first hat trick in game 2. so far 4 goals and 2 assists in the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad