Be A Pro Thread

Bluejackets009

Aug 8, 2011
Brockville,Ontario
I just started a new Be a Pro not to long ago, just finished the first season in the OHL,

Name: Vyacheslav Arkatov

Height: 6'2

Weight: 185

Team: Sarnia Sting

Player Type: Sniper

GP: 68

G: 21

A: 34

P: 55

Draft: 4th Round, 103rd Overall Pick to the Florida Panthers

I will post more after my pre-season, and mid way into my 2nd season, i will prob be back when i wake up, Canada V USA!!!!!! World Juniors wooo!!

Seewin

Jan 5, 2013
It's still my first season in the NHL, I was dumb/bored enough to play the whole 2 CHL season with the Belleville Bulls (I just picked a random team). Came into the draft as an 85 overall, picked first by the Tampa Bay Lightning. Midway through the season they decide to stupidly trade Victor Hedman to the Avalanche for 2 first round picks and a 3rd line defenceman and Stamkos for Kovalchuk and a first round. Of course, I ask for the trade and get it, to none other than the Avalanche [which is surprising seeing as I'm a first overall pick in his first season]. I got traded for Steve Downie, Giguere [who mind you is 37 at the time of the deal], a third round pick, and a second round pick.

So, I'm on a totally stacked lineup on a team I'd never hope to play on:

Forwards
Landeskog (86 Overall) - Duchene (88 Overall) - Me (87 Overall)
McGinn - Gaunce (87 Overall) - Jones
____ - _____ - _____ [third liners]
____ - _____ - _____ [fourth liners]

Defence
Johnson (91 Overall) - Hedman (88 Overall)
Wilson - O'Brian
Elliot - O'Byrne

Goalie
Varlamov (86 Overall)

The team is totally stacked compared to my old line up of Purcell - Stamkos - Me, Carle - Hedman, and Malcolm Subban in net. I'm happy with that trade request :).

No1Joker

May 11, 2009
Helsinki
Hi guys.

So i started be a pro chl player mode with A.Galchenyuk. He is not drafted yet, he is sitting on top line with 61 (OVR) with Rensfeldt(60OVR) and Yakupov (62? OVR).

The problem is im not on EITHER pp unit or short handed unit. And ive played every game and its been like that from the beginning, ive played 9 games into the season and lead OHL in scoring.

Has anybody else have problem like this? Thanks. :help:

Dec 2, 2010
I get taken off the PK unit 20 games into my rookie season and I do work on that unit. I don't get it. We lose games because of their inability to kill them. I know I'm rated high, scoring a lot and I'm on the 1st line but I'm a pretty good PKer :(

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
Hi guys.

So i started be a pro chl player mode with A.Galchenyuk. He is not drafted yet, he is sitting on top line with 61 (OVR) with Rensfeldt(60OVR) and Yakupov (62? OVR).

The problem is im not on EITHER pp unit or short handed unit. And ive played every game and its been like that from the beginning, ive played 9 games into the season and lead OHL in scoring.

Has anybody else have problem like this? Thanks. :help:

It is common, I didnt get put on the PP unit, until I was on the 2nd line which takes way too many games. The mode is terribly done.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Started on the Ottawa 67's at the Mem Cup. We ended up winning it (down 3-1 in final game, we scored 4 times in the 3rd period, I had the winner :nod: ). Had 5 points in 5 games, ended up going 1st overall to the Boston Bruins. Really enjoying it!!

CrowClown

Oct 27, 2011
Oxford, England, U.K
Leif Sixten Dahl

Info

Name: Leif Sixten Dahl

Nationality: Sweden

Height: 193.5cm

Weigt: 89.9kg

Handedness: Left

Position: Defence

Style:2 way Defender

Overall: 73

Team: Kingston Frontenacs

Stats

Games played:18

Goals: 74

Assists: 22

+/- 74

the difficulty is superstar and no I didn't get my goals and assists the wrong way round.

Last edited:

VanCanuck91

Feb 9, 2013
Info

Name: Tyler Gibbs

Nationality: Canadian

Number: 9 (formerly 12 with the Oilers)

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 220lbs

Handedness: Right

Position: Center (1st Forward Line w/ Crosby and Neal)

Style: Sniper

Overall: 88

WHL Team: Vancouver Giants

Drafted by: Edmonton Oilers (#1 Overall - First Round)

Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Accomplishments: Stanley Cup (2012; Oilers)
- Calder Memorial Trophy (2012; Oilers)
- Conn Smythe Trophy (2012; Oilers)
- Hart Memorial Trophy (2013; Oilers)
- Art Ross Trophy (2013; Oilers)
- Maurice Richard Trophy (2013; Oilers)
- Lady Byng Memorial Trophy (2013; Oilers)
- Ted Lindsay Award (2013; Oilers)

Stats

Games played: 6

Goals: 8

Assists: 11

+/- +5

Basically I chose the Vancouver Giants of the WHL, made it to the Memorial Cup however lost. Was drafted by the Edmonton Oilers 1st Overall in the Draft. Managed to make it to the pro roster after the Pre-Season. Did well however I wasn't particularly happy with being on Oilers so I requested a trade and ended up getting sent down to the Barons. Played most of the season there, got called up played at least ten or fifteen games for the Oilers and managed to get 1st in goals for the league before they sent me down again. Managed to play till the end of the season for the Barons, Oilers called me up again in time for the Playoffs. We made it to the finals and beat Boston in 7 games to win the Cup.

The next year was like a banner year, I played all 82 games (mostly simmed) lead the league in scoring with around 60 goals, had about 90 something points. We made it to the Conference finals before losing to the Kings in 5 games. The third year with Oilers kinda sucked because I wanted to get it over with so my contract would end. Simmed pretty much most of the season and ended up with only 30 goals and a +/- of 5. Still made it into the Playoffs though as the 8th seed, however we lost in 5 games to Columbus in the first round. During the off-season the Oilers offered me a one-year contract extension, however I declined and signed a one-year deal with the Penguins which is where I'm at right now.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
Be a Player continues to be a problem with this game:

I'm playing as a goalie and have a decent season going

14-2-3 2.23 GAA and .919 SV% with 2 shutouts still in junior hockey. Suddenly I get a random message that I'm not meeting expectations for my performance and I'm relegated to backup duty for a goaltender with a 4.66 GAA and .846 SV%. In the 7 games of the next 20 that I get to play I put up 3 shutouts and go 7-0-0 with a .934 SV% and still haven't been given the starter job back.

What is wrong with this garbage system?

KieranA91

Jan 31, 2013
Isle of Wight, UK
How much do people sim on Be a Pro? I've always wanted to have a long career with the mode but I always get bored after playing for hours and only getting through a handful of games.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Finished my rookie season with the blues. I play on the top line with Tarasenko and Perron. I finished with 90 points and won the Calder and got a message from the gm that I was in consideration for the hart.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Also, after that season apparently I have no value after that season so I can't be traded. When can u be traded?

Vikes88

@CrushSoda
Jan 19, 2013
Victoria, BC
In my rookie season with the Oilers: fairing pretty well! Averaging a point a game, although I missed 7 with an injury earlier in the season. Just about a dozen games to go, and two points out of 8th in the West: the fight is on!

Gusto73

Jan 4, 2012
Ok can someone help me out I just started my bap and I'm leading the league in scoring on superstar 75 twf lw on Boston

Few ?s

How long till I can get granted a trade request?

How do I get on the PP/PK?

Why do I not shoot ever in the shootout? (It's ran 9 shooters deep without a Johnny Walker sighting)

I really want to explore other teams, want to max my points playing with a highly skilled F like wsh, chi, tb, pit, ect

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Sadly this game is way too easy on its hardest difficulty. My 5'7 175 lbs, 58 overall, LW two way forward is pulling over PPG 15 games into the season playing third line of the Devils and 4th on the team in hits, lol. Any way to make this game harder?

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Sadly this game is way too easy on its hardest difficulty. My 5'7 175 lbs, 58 overall, LW two way forward is pulling over PPG 15 games into the season playing third line of the Devils and 4th on the team in hits, lol. Any way to make this game harder?

Go to operationsports.com and find some sliders

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Just went through the draft as a TWD (currently 81 overall) after playing a full season with Owen Sound in the OHL. Got picked 1st overall by the Avs, who won the lottery after finishing 29th. Had 1G, 2A, 10 hits and was +3 in the pre-season and will be starting the regular season playing bottom pairing + 1st PP and PK.

Last edited:

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Name : Nicholas C.

Nationality : American

Number : 12

Height : 5'11"

Weight : 180lbs

Handedness : Left

Position : Right Wing (1st Line)

Style : Sniper

Overall : 75

OHL Team : Erie Otters

Drafted by : N/A haven't finished OHL season yet.

Team : N/A

Accomplishments : None as of yet, haven't finished season.

Stats

Games played : 59

Goals : 101

Assists : 99

+/- : +74

Shots : 1042

Difficulty : Superstar

Hits : 497

KuemperTantrum

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Is it possible to stay in the NHL for the entire full season?

I'm a 70 OVR TWD on the Kings' first pair.

30 pts in 50 games and I've already met all my challenges playing every fourth game. I just got sent down with no warning at all.

Happened to me in my second year of my center on Dallas too.. had 25g and 50 points in 50 games, then just coming off a 5 point game and I get "It's just not your year, sorry." ... like what..

Name: Andrew M.

Nationality: Canadian

Number: 34

Height: 6'4" (started at 6'1")

Weight: 212lbs (started 200)

Handedness: Left

Position: Center

Style: Playmaker

Overall: 95

OHL Team: Sarnia Sting

Drafted by: Dallas Stars

Team: Dallas Stars

Accomplishments:
Stanley Cup(15-16)
Conn Smythe(15-16) 39pts in 22gp
Stanley Cup(16-17)
Conn Smythe(16-17) 39pts in 22gp
Art Ross(17-18) 102pts
Hart(17-18)
Ted Lindsay(17-18)
Art Ross(18-19) 122pts
Maurice Richard(18-19) 49g
Selke(18-19)
Hart(18-19)
Ted Lindsay(18-19)

Career Stats:

Games Played: 440

Goals: 199

Assists: 269

+/-: +104

Difficulty: Superstar

Last edited:

KieranA91

Jan 31, 2013
Isle of Wight, UK
I find it does that if you sim a lot, even if your Pro picks up points and plays well you seem to get punished for not physically playing yourself. I got told to buck my ideas up when my pro was on about 1.5 points per game just simming, I play it myself, got 4 points in 5 games then I get bumped up a line!

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
I find it does that if you sim a lot, even if your Pro picks up points and plays well you seem to get punished for not physically playing yourself. I got told to buck my ideas up when my pro was on about 1.5 points per game just simming, I play it myself, got 4 points in 5 games then I get bumped up a line!
Sim 4 games then play 1, and repeat. That seems to be the max without penalizing you.

Vikes88

@CrushSoda
Jan 19, 2013
Victoria, BC

14-2-3 2.23 GAA and .919 SV% with 2 shutouts still in junior hockey. Suddenly I get a random message that I'm not meeting expectations for my performance and I'm relegated to backup duty for a goaltender with a 4.66 GAA and .846 SV%. In the 7 games of the next 20 that I get to play I put up 3 shutouts and go 7-0-0 with a .934 SV% and still haven't been given the starter job back.

I'm just surprised you can actually put up something better than a 4.00 GAA and .820% as a goalie. I just cannot play that mode with anything that looks remotely like success.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

be lucky your stats are that good. I don't find playing goalie BAP fun due to the fact that it is not based on skill almost at all.

Positioned correctly? Auto-Save will just miss the puck anyway
AI coming down and fake shot 40 times in 2 seconds? Bite once and slide across the rink

Goalie player needs tweaking badly. There is no difference between rookie and superstar to me.

Also regular Be a Pro is just too easy. Playing superstar 3rd season 93 overall. Rookie year I broke Gretzky's 216 points in almost half the season on superstar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad