Be A Pro Thread

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
I love Be a Pro this year, can't wait for NHL 14. I'm in the third year of mine, played a full season of juniors with Sarnia and got drafted first overall by Ottawa who moved up 5 spots in the lottery. We didn't make the playoffs in my first year with the Sens but we finished 4th in the East in my second season and playing the Habs in the first round. Just played my first playoff game and got four points in a 4-3 win. I play right wing currently on a line with Spezza and Filatov.

Regular Season Stats
2012-13 Sarnia Sting 68-76-90-166
2013-14 Ottawa Senators 75-33-64-97
2014-15 Ottawa Senators 79-47-62-109

Playoff Stats

2012-13 Sarnia Sting 17-13-29-42
2012-13 Sarnia Sting (Memorial Cup) 4-4-7-11
2014-15 Ottawa Senators 1-2-2-4

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
How do you face more shots in goalie mode? cause every single game my team always dominates and outshoots the opponent and i don't a single shot for like 10 minutes or for a whole period, any tips?

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
So, I spent an entire season in the juniors to prepare for an NHL career. I got drafted, only to find that my team hadn't re-signed a single pending FA. I went back and re-entered the draft multiple times, and every team that drafted me did the same thing.

Was fun while it lasted, I guess.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
How do you face more shots in goalie mode? cause every single game my team always dominates and outshoots the opponent and i don't a single shot for like 10 minutes or for a whole period, any tips?

Up the average time per period from 7 minutes to 10 or anywhere in between. You can also increase the AI slider or difficulty.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Playing as a goalie is a special kind of hell. You just have to realize you will be scored on, and there isn't much you can do.

Edit: Pitch a shutout in 2 periods. Other team scores 7 goals, ALL OF THEM on cross crease one timers no non-jedi could stop. Own team scores ONE goal. Remind me...why am I bothering with a goalie BAP?

Last edited:

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Playing as a goalie is a special kind of hell. You just have to realize you will be scored on, and there isn't much you can do.

Edit: Pitch a shutout in 2 periods. Other team scores 7 goals, ALL OF THEM on cross crease one timers no non-jedi could stop. Own team scores ONE goal. Remind me...why am I bothering with a goalie BAP?

I feel the exact same way. I've started like 5-6 careers as a goaltender, but could never get any consistency going. Trying to sim two years or more of CHL to get my stats up and try again. Don't know why I'm still even trying to be honest.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I feel the exact same way. I've started like 5-6 careers as a goaltender, but could never get any consistency going. Trying to sim two years or more of CHL to get my stats up and try again. Don't know why I'm still even trying to be honest.

I'm gonna try something. Since the opposing goalie never seems anything close to the chances I face, I'll lower his reaction time to zero and see if that at least gives me wins.

That's my other complaint...goalies take a HUGE XP hit on a loss, even if they lose 1-0. That's just dumb. Am I supposed to score goals too?

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
Anyone have a good set-up for sliders to improve the Computer scoring when playing BAP Goalie. I just got into the goalie mode and it's pretty much unplayable starting out in the CHL. Every single game my team barely manages to score 1 goal and maybe one out of every 5 games they will score 2, so I either need to shutout and give up 1 goal just to get it to overtime.

Then in the simmed games when the backup is playing the team consistently scored 3-6 goals every game.

I'm playing 7 minute periods and facing somewhere between 15-27 shots a game.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Anyone have a good set-up for sliders to improve the Computer scoring when playing BAP Goalie. I just got into the goalie mode and it's pretty much unplayable starting out in the CHL. Every single game my team barely manages to score 1 goal and maybe one out of every 5 games they will score 2, so I either need to shutout and give up 1 goal just to get it to overtime.

Then in the simmed games when the backup is playing the team consistently scored 3-6 goals every game.

I'm playing 7 minute periods and facing somewhere between 15-27 shots a game.
I have a goalie mode I sometimes play I think it's 9 min periods and I use sliders from operationsports.com I don't remember which ones though. Take a browse in the NHL 13 slider forum.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Alright so after busting my ass for two seasons I get drafted first overall, go to preseason of the NHL and score 8 points in 3 games and get sent down.. ok, so I play another year in Junior, albeit simming a lot more games, get to preseason again and collect 10 points in 3 games, sent down again. At this point I'm pissed and just sim the whole damn thing, get injured for 4 days and now they don't even have me in the lineup LOL. ***** is this ****? I was a first overall pick and now I'm an 80 overall not even getting played in the OHL. This is rubbish.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
Another issue I seem to be having with BAP Goaltending.

My team is 6-8-3

I have played 12 games and technically have gone 5-6-1. My recorded stats however have me at 2-6-1 and me leading the team with 2 wins? Anyone else having a problem with not getting credit for wins?

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Another issue I seem to be having with BAP Goaltending.

My team is 6-8-3

I have played 12 games and technically have gone 5-6-1. My recorded stats however have me at 2-6-1 and me leading the team with 2 wins? Anyone else having a problem with not getting credit for wins?

From what I've seen you don't get credit for a win/shutout/stats in your BAP season/playoffs unless you play the whole game or jump into a game when the score is still tied. The stats and record will still go towards your overall performance tracker however.

big19red86

Apr 9, 2013
Position: Center
Type: Playmaker
Team: Dallas Stars
1st season: 2012/13
GP:82 G: 43 A: 66 PTS: 109 +/-: +15 PPG: 13 S%: 10.6%
GWG: 8 FO%: 48% Hits: 485
1st playoffs: 2012/13
GP: 22 G: 17 A:17 PTS: 34 +/-: +17 PPG: 6 S%: 16.7%
GWG: 4 FO%: 52% Hits: 86 (We won the Stanley Cup)
Awards 1st season: 2012/13
Art Ross, Hart Memorial, Calder Memorial, Conn Smythe

2nd season: 2013/14( season is still in progress)
GP:45 G: 45 A: 45 PTS: 90 +/-: +53 PPG: 7 SHG: 2 S%: 16.9%
GWG: 6 FO%: 53% Hits: 283

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Just finished season 4 in the NHL, Won my 2nd scoring title, 2nd Maurice Richard and playing in my first career playoff series coming up against Carolina.

David Moose

Feb 4, 2012
This year was more of the same for me. In addition to "Start in the CHL" being pretty much unplayable for me because of the issue with the rules not changing for the NHL (it's a small issue, but it bugs the hell out of me), I'm able to once again dominate the league as a rookie.

Sorry to randomly go back to this, but what is this issue? Is it all rules - like no touch icing, or smaller things like helmets coming off? And is it new to NHL 13 because I don't remember it on 12. I do remember NHL 11 had a bug where you didn't get a point for OT losses if you went from the draft to the NHL, but I think that was fixed in 12.

I've only just started in the CHL, so if there's a pain of a flaw I need to work around - if that's even possible - I'd be happy to restart.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
What's with the garbage "your stats aren't up to snuff so we are making you the backup" stuff.

I have a 1.74 GAA and .916 SV% in the OHL. I get put as the backup for simming too much at Game 42 of a 68 game season. So I play the rest of the games I get legitimately. I put up a 1.95 GAA and .924 SV%. The backup goalie has a 3.66 GAA and .825 SV%.

And I'm the backup and not playing in the playoffs. This game is so incredibly flawed. And then the 1st place team in the OHL loses the first round of the playoffs in 5 games. The "starter" puts up a 4.53 GAA and .724 SV% playing all 5 games.

KuemperTantrum

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What's with the garbage "your stats aren't up to snuff so we are making you the backup" stuff.

I have a 1.74 GAA and .916 SV% in the OHL. I get put as the backup for simming too much at Game 42 of a 68 game season. So I play the rest of the games I get legitimately. I put up a 1.95 GAA and .924 SV%. The backup goalie has a 3.66 GAA and .825 SV%.

And I'm the backup and not playing in the playoffs. This game is so incredibly flawed. And then the 1st place team in the OHL loses the first round of the playoffs in 5 games. The "starter" puts up a 4.53 GAA and .724 SV% playing all 5 games.

That happened to me too. This game is so stupidly broken it's not funny.

KuemperTantrum

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wtf is with this game? I'm at 83 TWD and I get picked first overall to Winnipeg and make the team out of training camp. I was placed on the 3rd pair with top PP and PK time, which was fine with me. About 8 or so games later and I get the call up to the 2nd pair, but they take me completely off the PP and PK.. WTF??

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
POS: Goaltender
TYPE: Butterfly
NAME: Robert O'Neill
TEAM: Calgary Flames
Number: 95
FIRST PRESEASON GAME RECAP
Robert O'Neill Played a great game with big saves over and over again but late in second period a shot fired from the point deflected of borrows skate in a crowd and deflected the puck top shelf and that goal won the game.. ALL A+ STATS 3RD STAR..FLAMES LOSE 1-0..Next Games Are Against Wild , Oilers and Avalanche.
401A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Xaj.jpg

What is your secret? I always let in 5-8 goals, despite usually only getting like 15-20 shots...:(

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
Have to do my Be a Pro over again. File got Corrupted not that big of a deal.

Tristan Burke, North American Goalie - Sherbrooke, QMJHL

FINAL RANK: N/A MIDTERM RANK: N/A
POSITION: Goalie CATCHES: Left
HEIGHT: 6' 0" WEIGHT: 193
BORN: April 24, 1996 HOMETOWN: Charlottetown, PE
BORN IN: PE, CAN

• He is a 1st cousin to Taylor Burke of the Gatineau Olympiques. Taylor Burke played in one league over the course of his career. Before being drafted into the QMJHL.

• The backup goalie for the PEI Riptide in Canada’s 2012 Maritime Midget AAA Elite Championship Tournament, Burke replaced the teams starter after a poor performance after 2 periods in the championship game. Where he stopped 25 out of 26 shots in the 3rd to give his team enough support so they can come back from a 5 goal deficit, to loose 7-6 in overtime.

• He wears the number 1 in honor of his idol, Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo -- "[Roberto] Luongo has been a elite goalie in this league since he was drafted. Watching him play in the 2010 Winter Olympics, and see how not only he was able to play amazing with not only the team needed him to be perfect, but also the entire country. He kept his cool and never let anything shake him. He is truly a professional in every sense of the word.”

Favorites:

NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
NHL Player: Roberto Luongo
NHL Retired Player: Chris Osgood
Win celebration: James Reimer
Video game: NHL 99
Artist: Eminem
Movie: The Mighty Ducks
TV show: TSN
Pump-up song: ‘Lose Yourself’ by Eminem & "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore ft Ryan Lewis

Last edited:

laxbro6

Jun 23, 2013
What is the most important skill that you need to upgrade to become deking-sniper

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Just got busted down to the 2nd pairing for simming too many games in a row. My play has been "lacking" even though I am leading the WHL in scoring as a defensemen.

Very interested to see what happens with the new BAP in NHL 14.

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
Just got busted down to the 2nd pairing for simming too many games in a row. My play has been "lacking" even though I am leading the WHL in scoring as a defensemen.

Very interested to see what happens with the new BAP in NHL 14.

SIM 4 games then play one, you won't get in trouble with the coach or GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00