Be A Pro Thread

Vikes88

@CrushSoda
Jan 19, 2013
Victoria, BC
These are rough times to be a Canucks fan.

In my rookie season with the Edmonton Oilers. We made the play-offs on the last day of the regular season, losing our final game and needing a Blackhawks loss to hold onto that last spot.

Hawks lose, and we draw the President Trophy-winning Vancouver Canucks.

The Canucks take a 3-0 series lead with relatively easy 6-4, 4-2, and 3-1 victories.

We win game 4, in a tight offensive affair, 5-4.

Go back to Rogers Arena and steamroll the Canucks, 4-1.

Back to Edmonton for game 6, and flip game 1 around, winning 6-4 and forcing a game 7 in Vancouver.

Canucks don't bother to show up, we win 4-1, and cap off just the 5th 3-0 comeback in the history of North America's four major professional sport leagues.

bilbo95

Apr 10, 2013
sup

1. In my experience getting an 'A' or 'C' on your shirt is completely rating based. So if you're the highest rated player on your team, you'll probably get the 'C'.

2. 18

3. Sorry im not sure, im only in my 4th season and almost definitely won't get as far as being 30 +.

4. A combination of high enough player rating, and racking up points. I signed for the Habs in my 4th season, and im only rated 80. I requested a trade and apparently i needed to "prove myself".

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
sup

1. In my experience getting an 'A' or 'C' on your shirt is completely rating based. So if you're the highest rated player on your team, you'll probably get the 'C'.

2. 18

3. Sorry im not sure, im only in my 4th season and almost definitely won't get as far as being 30 +.

4. A combination of high enough player rating, and racking up points. I signed for the Habs in my 4th season, and im only rated 80. I requested a trade and apparently i needed to "prove myself".

Wouldn't even bother if i were you, it's broken

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
So I was playing in the finals and I won the Conne Smythe and the Stanley Cup finals and my overall proceeded to drop 6 points from 79 to 73. I really don't understand this, has this ever happened to anyone else? It's a little ridiculous and I've gotten to the point where I am sick of this game. I was considering buying NHL 14 after they said they fixed the BeaPro but after this years terribly put together game, I think I'm going to forget this franchise for a while. It sucks too, because I've been buying NHL games since 94 (not every single year) and since there is no other NHL game to buy, I'm stuck without one to play.:shakehead

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
So I was playing in the finals and I won the Conne Smythe and the Stanley Cup finals and my overall proceeded to drop 6 points from 79 to 73. I really don't understand this, has this ever happened to anyone else? It's a little ridiculous and I've gotten to the point where I am sick of this game. I was considering buying NHL 14 after they said they fixed the BeaPro but after this years terribly put together game, I think I'm going to forget this franchise for a while. It sucks too, because I've been buying NHL games since 94 (not every single year) and since there is no other NHL game to buy, I'm stuck without one to play.:shakehead

Pretty sure its from simulating to many games in a row, you can't do more then 4 without playing 1.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Pretty sure its from simulating to many games in a row, you can't do more then 4 without playing 1.

That was the method I used during the regular season and then I played every playoff game. If I would have simmed most of the season I would understand but I didn't so that's why I'm a little frustrated about it.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Got the urge to play BAP last week and started one up as an 18 year old Center on Rimouski. Already around a 3 PPG pace about 5 games into the season so perhaps I should turn the difficulty up.

On a side note, the fact that this thread has less than 500 posts since September and the HUT thread is on part 13 really says a lot about this game mode. :laugh:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Two pre-seasons in a row I led the St Louis Blues in goals, assists, +/- and pim:s in exhibition games and STILL got sent back to juniors??

I'm a 2-way defenceman currently rated 89.

What the **** do I need to do in order to play with this **** team?

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Two pre-seasons in a row I led the St Louis Blues in goals, assists, +/- and pim:s in exhibition games and STILL got sent back to juniors??

I'm a 2-way defenceman currently rated 89.

What the **** do I need to do in order to play with this **** team?

Save before preseason, and keep simming it till you make it.

NoahFecks

Feb 23, 2013
Got the urge to play BAP last week and started one up as an 18 year old Center on Rimouski. Already around a 3 PPG pace about 5 games into the season so perhaps I should turn the difficulty up.

On a side note, the fact that this thread has less than 500 posts since September and the HUT thread is on part 13 really says a lot about this game mode. :laugh:

It's to easy, even on superstar. If your a forward, just max WSP with Acc above 85, easy hat trick per game..

Whereas HUT + Ice Tilt is difficult to beat :P

Honestly, my fav mode is GMC and i'm really hoping they work on it for NHL 14. I'm just sick of the glitch breakaway goals and easy corner snipes. I'd rather see a goalie make a huge glove save than spiderman across the crease every single damn time.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
Does anyone know how your trade value is determined in BAP? I've just won the Art Ross, Hart, Conn Smythe, Cup, and am 89 overall, and apparently still less valuable than the kitchen sink according to my ******* GM.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Save before preseason, and keep simming it till you make it.

I simmed like 7-8 times and still got sent down every single time.

I am now a 92-rated 19-year old defenceman in the juniors.

Side note...how the heck do I score, where do I aim? Don't get me wrong, I do score, but my sjhooting percentage is a joke - and then realize that all my shooting skills are above 90.

Last game I fired 19 shots, not a single goal. And not crap perimeter shots, but open chances. I ususally try to go top corners, but try prettyu much everywhere. Then I see some crap teammate with shooting skills in his 60:s get goals with ease?

And my speed is 95, how come decencemen with speeds around 65 can keep up with me going backwards??

This mode is ****ing broken.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
I simmed like 7-8 times and still got sent down every single time.

I am now a 92-rated 19-year old defenceman in the juniors.

Side note...how the heck do I score, where do I aim? Don't get me wrong, I do score, but my sjhooting percentage is a joke - and then realize that all my shooting skills are above 90.

Last game I fired 19 shots, not a single goal. And not crap perimeter shots, but open chances. I ususally try to go top corners, but try prettyu much everywhere. Then I see some crap teammate with shooting skills in his 60:s get goals with ease?

And my speed is 95, how come decencemen with speeds around 65 can keep up with me going backwards??

This mode is ****ing broken.

Go to Settings -> Gameplay Settings -> General and turn "Attribute Effects" up to max. My skating is all 90+ and my acceleration and top-end speed is extremely noticeable.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I've played BAP since it first came out in the NHL series, and it was my favourite mode until NHL'12. In '12, I never completed a full season because it's not fun to play on Superstar and be challenging for Wayne Gretzky's scoring records in my rookie year.

This year was more of the same for me. In addition to "Start in the CHL" being pretty much unplayable for me because of the issue with the rules not changing for the NHL (it's a small issue, but it bugs the hell out of me), I'm able to once again dominate the league as a rookie.

I've always been extremely stubborn about not touching the "CPU Difficulty" slider, because I've always assumed (and I'm not alone, according to the internet) that this slider's function is simply to increase the attributes of the computer players. This is not the sort of difficulty adjustment which this game needs, though, as I don't want my player to lose every puck race and battle, but rather to have my options more limited by the AI defence. I felt the slider was more or less a cop-out by EA to deal with difficulty without addressing the root issues.

Recently, a friend mentioned that he tried changing that slider, and the computers started playing smarter, rather than simply playing with better attributes. So I went and changed them on my own BAP, and lo and behold, they do play smarter. I can't simply speed burst down the wing and blow by the defence, as they know I'm going to try and do that and they shut it down. In addition, my own team-mates seem to play smarter as well. I've only played a couple of games with the slider maxed, but it definitely feels a lot better. I thought I'd pass this along to anyone who, like myself, was stubbornly refusing to touch that slider.

I restarted my BAP, and in my first pre-season game against Vancouver (playmaker), I didn't get a point until assisting on the tying goal in the dying minutes. I then scored the overtime winner on a bit of a flukey shot (which is a good thing, because the coach asked me to go out there and get the go-ahead goal). I never felt like I had to restrain myself so I didn't score too much, but even more importantly, I was still able to outrace the CPUs to loose pucks when I had a step.

Last edited:

DLANGUEDOC

Mar 18, 2013
I've missed a Few updates. So, here's my latest stats:

Name: Darias Kane
Nationality: Canadian
DOB: 08/13 96
Type: Sniper
Overall: 94

I'm in my 6th year currently in BAP. I've played 3 seasons in the CHL and am in my 3rd in the NHL.

CHL CAREER
1st Year:
GP: 72
Goals: 60+
Assists: 47

2nd Year:
Goals: 132
Assists: 47

3rd Year:
Goals: 96
Assists: 57

NHL CAREER
1st Year:
GP: 82
Goals: 57
Assists: 40

2nd Year:
Goals: 156
Assists: 50

3rd Year:
GP: 52
Goals: 76
Assists: 58

PLAYOFFS (CHL)
GP: 48
Goals: 85
Assists: 30

PLAYOFFS (NHL):
2015/16 DNQ

2016/17:
GP: 22
Goals: 60
Assists: 20

2017/18:
Playoffs haven't begun, but I've cliched a spot.

Extra Info:
Drafted 1st by Anaheim Ducks.
Traded on August, 13, 2015 to the St. Louis Blues.
Traded on August, 13, 2016 to the Edmonton Oilers.

2012/13 Memorial Cup Winner. (Vancouver Giants) Overall jumped from 63 to 70.

2013/14 Memorial Cup Winner. (Vancouver Giants) Overall jumped from 70 to 74.

2014/15 Memorial Cup Winner. (Vancouver Giants) Overall jumped from 74 to 79.

2015/16 All Star Assistant Captain, Calder Winner, Richard Co-Winner (Oveckin) Art Ross Co-Winner (Oveckin) Overall jumped from a 79 to a 86.
2016/17All Star Captain, Stanley Cup Winner (St. Louis Blues), Hart Memorial Winner, Lady Bing winner, Art Ross Winner, Ted Lindsey Winner, Richard Winner. Overall jumped from 86 to a 92.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Has anybody as a goalie gone from a 16 year old to to the NHL? Kind of bored with EASHL and don't really play other modes. I just started my own as a Butterfly and have done okay. Already 8 games in I'm a 74 OVR, mainly due to the boosts/slots I have already unlocked on EASHL. Getting pretty boring with how the AI plays both for and against you, don't know if anybody has any good sliders?

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
I decided that instead of naming my BAP after myself, I made up a guy all together. Hjalmar Svensson, born in Stockholm, Sweden. The 16 year old, 6 foot, 235 pound Swede is expected to play his first WHL game for the Calgary Hitmen. He is a right winger power forward with a left handed shot. He will wear jersey number 1. I play on Superstar with Casual settings BTW. I like a challenge, but I also like it easy. Sue me :laugh:

Last edited:

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
In a 4-2 loss against the Red Deer Rebels, who were the Calgary Hitmen's first opponent of the season, Svensson had 1 goal and 12 hits in his first WHL game. The Hitmen outhit the Red Deer Rebels 45 to 11 but still lost... Svensson had 12 shots on goal in the loss. The Hitmen's next opponent are the Kootenay Ice.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
I thought playing Superstar on Casual would at least make it easier, but I was getting the puck taken from me half the times I got the puck. I was a hitting machine though.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
I restarted my BAP, same guy, same team but the difficulty is Pro with Casual settings. I picked NHL Entry draft. Won 4-1 the first game, I got 2 goals. I must have hit the post like 3 times trying for a hat trick

Last edited:

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Game 2 was a 3-0 win against the St. John Sea Dogs. I struggled to get a goal (damn post) until the third period via empty net

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
Just got the game a few weeks ago, played around with before I started a serious Be a Pro Career. Playing on Pro with custom sliders i found on a different forum. They work pretty good but still not perfect. Will update my Career as it happens.

Name: Tristan Burke
Nationality: Canada
Junior Team: PEI Rockets (Choose NHL Entry Draft)
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 193 lb.
Position: Goalie
Type: Hybrid
Number: 29

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
Just got the game a few weeks ago, played around with before I started a serious Be a Pro Career. Playing on Pro with custom sliders i found on a different forum. They work pretty good but still not perfect. Will update my Career as it happens.

Name: Tristan Burke
Nationality: Canada
Junior Team: PEI Rockets (Choose NHL Entry Draft)
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 193 lb.
Position: Goalie
Type: Hybrid
Number: 29

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Took a break from BAP for a while, now back into it, currently in season 4 in the NHL. It gets really fun once you get a few seasons in. And I'm usually a guy who only plays for realistic stats, but I'm having a ton on fun dominating the league. I won my first art ross last year, and am pretty much guaranteed a second this year. Looking forward to NHL 14 BAP.

robertmichael

May 18, 2013
Cape Breton
After First Preseason Game

POS: Goaltender
TYPE: Butterfly
NAME: Robert O'Neill
TEAM: Calgary Flames
Number: 95
FIRST PRESEASON GAME RECAP
Robert O'Neill Played a great game with big saves over and over again but late in second period a shot fired from the point deflected of borrows skate in a crowd and deflected the puck top shelf and that goal won the game.. ALL A+ STATS 3RD STAR..FLAMES LOSE 1-0..Next Games Are Against Wild , Oilers and Avalanche.
401A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Xaj.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad