Be A Pro Thread

VanCanuck91

Feb 9, 2013
Ok can someone help me out I just started my bap and I'm leading the league in scoring on superstar 75 twf lw on Boston

Few ?s

How long till I can get granted a trade request?

How do I get on the PP/PK?

Why do I not shoot ever in the shootout? (It's ran 9 shooters deep without a Johnny Walker sighting)

I really want to explore other teams, want to max my points playing with a highly skilled F like wsh, chi, tb, pit, ect

I'm not exactly sure how long, I remember trying to request a trades and I would either get demoted or sent down to the minors. Finally when I made it up to about 90 overall, they finally said yes. So I think it depends on your overall.

As far as the last three questions, I'm not sure. For the shootout it might depend on what position you play or how good your breakaway/shooting is. Might also depend on how many goals you've scored, maybe even your overall. Hope this somewhat helped.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'm not exactly sure how long, I remember trying to request a trades and I would either get demoted or sent down to the minors. Finally when I made it up to about 90 overall, they finally said yes. So I think it depends on your overall.

As far as the last three questions, I'm not sure. For the shootout it might depend on what position you play or how good your breakaway/shooting is. Might also depend on how many goals you've scored, maybe even your overall. Hope this somewhat helped.

Based on the way the AI sets the shootout line-up when you pick "assistant coach best lines" in Be A GM mode, I think the only attributes considered (in order) are: 1) deking 2) WSA/WSP

Use the Schwartz*

I finally play a BAP long enough to make the NHL(for some reason, no matter how well I did, I couldn't make the NHL at 18 or 19). Got picked up by Dallas 1st overall, cool. They don't improve a bit roster wise in almost three years. So I ask for a trade. I get traded to the Leafs, and I think "cool, pretty deep team". Have Kessel, JVR, Fucale, Riemer, Bobby Ryan, among other 83-87 players.

Rookie year, I score 57 points. Not bad for such a deep team. Next year, I struggled but still hit 57. The next season, I score 50!!! What the hell. I'm a 6'5, 225 pound, 90 overall center! Every year I start off at like a 2 ppg pace for the first 8-10 games and then the game almost just refuses to allow my guy to get points.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Just finished off a fantastic sophomore year with the Blues. After winning the Calder last year, I finished with no trophies. I was tied with ovechkin for the league lead in points, but he had a few more goals so he got the art ross.

Team: St Louis Blues (1st overall 2013)

Gp: 79

G: 39

A: 56

P: 95

+/-: +15

Accolades: 2x all star, 1x first team, Calder, 2x hart finalist, 2x Art Ross finalist, 1x Richard finalist

I play with Tarasenko and Perron. Me and Tarasenko are deadly. Unfortunately the rest of my team stinks, and have missed the playoffs both years.

Last edited:

Gusto73

Jan 4, 2012
What do offensive and defensive awarness do for your bap? Worth investing in?

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
'll start off by saying, I play Pro, with Casual game style. I picked Start in NHL Entry Draft and took the Vancouver Giants to the Memorial Cup. I got drafted in the 1st round to the Minnesota Wild. #97 George Demarkis is coming to Minnesota! I'll probably request a trade to the Bruins. I play as a Power Forward.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
'll start off by saying, I play Pro, with Casual game style. I picked Start in NHL Entry Draft and took the Vancouver Giants to the Memorial Cup. I got drafted in the 1st round to the Minnesota Wild. #97 George Demarkis is coming to Minnesota! I'll probably request a trade to the Bruins. I play as a Power Forward.

What overall are you?

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
I take that back about the wild sucking, it's 5-0 at the end of the 1st period... yeah I like it easy, I don't want to be destroyed in this game.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Aaand I'm bored with that. I'm doing Pick a Team. Obviously I'll pick the B's. Probably'll be a Sniper this time. Pro with Default game style this time

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
What do offensive and defensive awarness do for your bap? Worth investing in?

Increase your chance of picking up loose pucks (ie: a rebound in front of the net, or intercepting a pass). I think your ability to catch passes from your teammates is also influenced by offensive awareness, as well as hand/eye coordination.

Last edited:

xMOHAWKx98

#BeauKnows!
May 29, 2007
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hey guys im kinda late on this but will be posting up dates

Name: Gregory McLachlan
Position: Right Wing
Handness: Left
Number: 98
WHL Team: Regina Pats
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins (1st overall)
Player Type: Sniper
Height: 6'3
weight:215

2013364308.png

Last edited:

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Hey guys im kinda late on this but will be posting up dates

Name: Gregory McLachlan
Position: Right Wing
Handness: Left
Number: 98
WHL Team: Regina Pats
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins (1st overall)
Player Type: Sniper
Height: 6'3
weight:215
Do you have a capture card? That image is pretty good quality.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I just started a CHL pro, wanted to be the worst player and see how far I can take them.
Found Chad Bauman from the Guelph Storm, he's 17 and 36OVR. He's listed as a sniper but plays D.
I was shocked to be placed on the 1st pair and that he isn't terrible like I thought. His attributes are all pretty low but skates well with an ok shot.
The thing is I used my growth points and he's still a 36, figured he would have shot up the charts. Any suggestions?

xMOHAWKx98

#BeauKnows!
May 29, 2007
Regina, Saskatchewan
I just started a CHL pro, wanted to be the worst player and see how far I can take them.
Found Chad Bauman from the Guelph Storm, he's 17 and 36OVR. He's listed as a sniper but plays D.
I was shocked to be placed on the 1st pair and that he isn't terrible like I thought. His attributes are all pretty low but skates well with an ok shot.
The thing is I used my growth points and he's still a 36, figured he would have shot up the charts. Any suggestions?

lol wtf? 36 overall? you can be that low in this game? ha

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
lol wtf? 36 overall? you can be that low in this game? ha

Yup, I was shocked when I saw it myself and knew I had to be him.
Most of his attributes are below 60 except for speed and accelaration which are 77. So I'm not a complete waste out there.
I don't know his height and weight but he plays next to Matt Finn and looks like his size if not a little bigger.
I've got 3 goals, 7 assists, 60 PIM but im a -15 in 25 games. I play every 4th one. Currently expected to be a mid round pick in the draft.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I was drafted to Minnesota and they haven't re-signed a single key player. They've let Granlund, Coyle, every goalie and some other players go. It's a little ridiculous. The third line has 60 something overalls on it and the 2 goalies are a 66 and 57. It's really annoying. My question is though, after the 3 year entry deal I'm obviously not re-signing with them, but does every team you play for do this or is it just the first team you get drafted to?

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I dont understand this. I am a left wing on Tamp. 9 games into the season and I and getting demoted. I lead the league in goals assists and have the highest +/- on my team. WTF. Its like not fun because of **** like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad