Be A Pro Thread

Giroux It

Mar 30, 2013
Elizabethtown, PA
SIM 4 games then play one, you won't get in trouble with the coach or GM.

And unlike the goalies, you can play for instance the first period or your first couple shifts and then quit the game. It counts as a played game. So if I wanna Sim a season pretty quickly, Sim 4 + Play a shift or two, then sim 4 more games.

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
I'm going to post my current stats from my Be a Pro later on tonight, after i play a few more games when i get home from work. My goalie is doing very well, already 4 shut outs and facing 20+ shots a game in less then 10 games. I really worked on my positioning and anticipation so the attacking forwards really have to work to get goals. I started as a 16year old so i want a full career experience. can not wait for be a pro in nhl 14.

laxbro6

Jun 23, 2013
I'm going to post my current stats from my Be a Pro later on tonight, after i play a few more games when i get home from work. My goalie is doing very well, already 4 shut outs and facing 20+ shots a game in less then 10 games. I really worked on my positioning and anticipation so the attacking forwards really have to work to get goals. I started as a 16year old so i want a full career experience. can not wait for be a pro in nhl 14.

How do you get shutouts I've taken 3 games into the third period with a shutout but I always get scored on

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
How do you get shutouts I've taken 3 games into the third period with a shutout but I always get scored on

I don't really know how to explain it. I just try to play deep in the net when theres traffic in front. Do my best on reading plays and anticipating shots. Try to make sure if there is a shot the rebound goes in the corner or just away from the play. Cover the puck frequently to make sure there no stupid turn overs right in front of me. which happens alot cause the AI is dumb. Just practice makes perfect.

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
Tristan Burke, North American Goalie - Sherbrooke, QMJHL

FINAL RANK: N/A MIDTERM RANK: N/A
POSITION: Goalie CATCHES: Left
HEIGHT: 6' 0" WEIGHT: 193
BORN: April 24, 1996 HOMETOWN: Charlottetown, PE
BORN IN: PE, CAN

GP | GAA | W | L | OTL | SOL | GA | SV% | SA | SO | MIN 23 | 1.91 | 14 | 8 | 1 | 0 | 44 | 92.45 | 583 | 6 | 1,385

Last edited:

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
I'm on a huge losing streak cause my team won't score. I'm playing goalie. Does the computer expect me to score goals to? I the last 7 games i play my team scored a combined 5 goals, thats ****ing ridiculous. and the games that are simmed with the other goalie playing in net they score like 3-5 goals in one game WTF???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

laxbro6

Jun 23, 2013
Name: Nick Kral
Position: LW
Shoots: Right
Team: Halifax Moseheads
Goals: 14
Assists: 35
+\-: +12
Leading assister on team and in QMJHL
LAST GAME Dec 1

Machesney

Jun 29, 2013
Name : Hance Machesney
Hometown: Regina, Saskatchewan (CAN)
Position: RW
Sniper
CHL Team: Cape Breton Screaming Eagles

I played two seasons with the Screaming Eagles (I started at 16 years old).
I was drafted 1st overall by the Florida Panthers and made the team.

Machesney

Jun 29, 2013
Pretty frustrated, after the Panthers told me I was sure to be in the team, they sent me back to the CHL for the entire season. Last season, I was the captain of my CHL team but I'm not anymore and I'm now playing on the second line instead of the first..

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
ok so i played nhl 12 and accidentally import my guy from nhl 12 to 13, so now when i start a BAP in the chl as a 16yr old my guy has a 68-70 overall. Very unrealistic. Is there a way to delete the export so i can start my career off at a normal rating and actually have to work to get better?

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
ok so i played nhl 12 and accidentally import my guy from nhl 12 to 13, so now when i start a BAP in the chl as a 16yr old my guy has a 68-70 overall. Very unrealistic. Is there a way to delete the export so i can start my career off at a normal rating and actually have to work to get better?
Just create a guy with your name, put him on a chl team and pick play as a chl'er.

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
i started my goalie again, cause my team just decided to stop scoring which i don't understand, but this new play through my new team is actually scoring and we are winning so hopefully they don't stop.

TheRealDeal18871

Jun 27, 2013
PA
I'm a few games into year 3 of my career as a LW with the Sabres. I was drafted 1st overall with Columbus actually and played a full season and half of second before requesting a trade. My overall is up to a 96 right now and what's really been irritating me is how my player is routinely knocked around without having the puck, or when coming up the ice with the puck, he easily gets knocked to the ice and turns it over. It's also frustrating that the AI players are able to match my speed yet most of them are nowhere close to it in their ratings.

I've done well with my player and have no problems scoring, even winning the Stanley Cup and Art Ross trophies in each of my first two seasons, but I think the entire BAP mode could use some adjustments.

laxbro6

Jun 23, 2013
I finally got my guy into the NHL after 3 years in the CHL. I did sim the last half of of my 2nd year to the end of my 3rd year. Now I'm on the first line on the Washington Capitals and I'm trying to get traded so i can give ovi his line back. The GM said he would trade me but never did and now its the day after the trade deadline. Did anybody use the trade request successfully.

KuemperTantrum

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver, BC
My overall is up to a 96 right now and what's really been irritating me is how my player is routinely knocked around without having the puck, or when coming up the ice with the puck, he easily gets knocked to the ice and turns it over. It's also frustrating that the AI players are able to match my speed yet most of them are nowhere close to it in their ratings.

This is one of my biggest problems with this game, the ratings seem to mean nothing. My guy's a 99 playmaking center, and I have 99 in speed, acceleration, and agility.. And yet 3rd pairing dman can out skate me, wtf? And I'm 6'4" 215lbs, 99 strength, 96 endurance, 96 balance, 97 durability and yet I'll get chucked around like I'm 5'6".. It's garbage.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Little frustrated.

I started a BAP in the WHL at age 16, tore it up with 130+ points both years, and got drafted by the Coyotes. After game 2 of the preseason they said my roster spot was guaranteed, and then at game 4 when I tried to sim to the third period I got magically sent from the NHL back to the WHL. They then said they were sending me back for more seasoning.

Not wanting to waste my time I simmed a year and came back. Again, after game 2 they said my roster spot in the NHL was guaranteed and then at game 4 the game sent me back to the WHL, and I was sent down once again.

Anyone else have problems like this? Is this a glitch or is this just what happens?

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Little frustrated.

I started a BAP in the WHL at age 16, tore it up with 130+ points both years, and got drafted by the Coyotes. After game 2 of the preseason they said my roster spot was guaranteed, and then at game 4 when I tried to sim to the third period I got magically sent from the NHL back to the WHL. They then said they were sending me back for more seasoning.

Not wanting to waste my time I simmed a year and came back. Again, after game 2 they said my roster spot in the NHL was guaranteed and then at game 4 the game sent me back to the WHL, and I was sent down once again.

Anyone else have problems like this? Is this a glitch or is this just what happens?

They send you down to bring somebody up from the AHL club for preseason. You will play like 3-4 junior games and then they will call you back up.

This happened to me as the defending MVP, Conn Smythe Winner and the only guy in the league to have 60+ goals and 100+ points. I was thinking "wtf?" but they called me back up.

It's fun to run around against the little guys in the juniors and score an ungodly amount of points then head back up to the big leagues.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Got bored with my WHL season and simmed up to the draft where I was taken 1st overall by Florida. It's kind of annoying how the coach keeps busting your chops for simming games but apparently it didn't hurt my draft position.

It'll be interesting to see if I get sent down after playing the preseason games. I really want to try to stick in the pros and it's going to be really annoying to sim through another WHL season.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I still can't get over the massive penalties you get for losing a game as a goalie. It can be the difference between earning 20-40 XP points per category in a game, and having 5-8 points per category. I just lost a game 1-0 with good stats and got 5-8 points. Gee, sorry I didn't score any goals, coach.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'm actually having fun with BAP for once... strange.

I chose 'Pick a Team', and selected Vancouver. I don't enjoy playing preseason games, so I simulated them and I got sent down to the AHL. After scoring 31 goals and 29 assists in 38 games with the Chicago Wolves, the Canucks finally decided to call me up to the big leagues. In my first game, I picked up an assist and two goals, including the OT winner. I've played 7 games so far, and picked up 11 points. :yo:

Currently I'm a 20 year old, 77 overall left wing, with the best part of my game being my skating. I have 90s in Acceleration and Agility, 86s in Endurance and Speed, but only 80 in balance. Playing on the third line with Derek Roy and Jannick Hansen. We've had great chemistry.

The farthest I'd ever gotten in BAP before I got bored was the All Star Break. Now I'm near the end of February and enjoying it a lot. I have high hopes for Life the Life in '14.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, I should do more than ***** too. I started a new goalie in the OHL, and overall it's actually enjoyable. Starting off in the AHL and then getting promoted the moment you hit a groove is just a terrible thing, should never have done that...much less twice.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Team: Montreal Canadiens
H: 6'0
W: 200
Drafted: 1st overall by st Louis in 2013

GP: 346
G: 257
A: 244
P: 501

4x all star
2x Hart winner
2x Art Ross
2x Maurice Richard
2x Ted Lindsay
1x Lady Bing
Calder winner

DoubleDose86

Nov 23, 2010
Toronto
Guys I need help getting assists, Every time I try a cross crease pass it's been hitting a defensemans stick and bouncing in or over the goalies pads.

I'm not complaining about the free goals, but it's to the point of giving up open nets just to record an assist.

Should I take shots from point for rebounds? keep trying to pass? cycle it more?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad