Battlefield 1 - Charging Tanks on Horses Since 1914

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Never thought i could melee another person on a horse while i was on a horse with the calvary sword. Seems logical that it would work just never was able to do it until the other night.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
I play comquest and generally just go assault as I find that's what I'm most effective with.

I don't snipe i just try to capture/defend as many flags as i can

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I am really struggling when it comes to the support class. I'm only a level 1 right now but am looking to get to level 3. I try to put down ammo as much as possible which seems to help my score a lot but when I use the repair tool, it doesn't seem to add up very much. I thought I would try and be the guy that keeps my squads tank repaired all the time at all costs but it didn't seem to do much points wise or winning wise. (we lost by a big margin)

Any tips on using the support class as effectively as possible?

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I am really struggling when it comes to the support class. I'm only a level 1 right now but am looking to get to level 3. I try to put down ammo as much as possible which seems to help my score a lot but when I use the repair tool, it doesn't seem to add up very much. I thought I would try and be the guy that keeps my squads tank repaired all the time at all costs but it didn't seem to do much points wise or winning wise. (we lost by a big margin)

You need to have your driver in your squad and on the mic to do well with the repair tool so that you can communicate when your jumping out/jumping back in and have the other guy pop smokes to cover you. It's the only way to survive long enough to make it worthwhile. I've had maps where we do this and the tank lasts the entire map on operations.

The easier way to do well with support is to hang out in tight, high-volume areas. The best tool for support is being able to quickly resupply your own grenades. Your grenades get resupplied faster then they resupply other players. You can lock down a door or hallway by yourself just by dropping a supply box and continually throwing incendiaries. By the time the first incendiary burns out you'll be a few seconds away from resupplying another incendiary. The underground portions of Monte Grappa are perfect for this. I will usually also run the crossbow frag grenade as well. This means you're always going to have a frag and incendiary at your disposal to deal with groups coming through a chokepoint.

I think mortars are overrated unless you have intelligent recon players on your team (very rare) who are popping flares all the time.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
You need to have your driver in your squad and on the mic to do well with the repair tool so that you can communicate when your jumping out/jumping back in and have the other guy pop smokes to cover you. It's the only way to survive long enough to make it worthwhile. I've had maps where we do this and the tank lasts the entire map on operations.

The easier way to do well with support is to hang out in tight, high-volume areas. The best tool for support is being able to quickly resupply your own grenades. Your grenades get resupplied faster then they resupply other players. You can lock down a door or hallway by yourself just by dropping a supply box and continually throwing incendiaries. By the time the first incendiary burns out you'll be a few seconds away from resupplying another incendiary. The underground portions of Monte Grappa are perfect for this. I will usually also run the crossbow frag grenade as well. This means you're always going to have a frag and incendiary at your disposal to deal with groups coming through a chokepoint.

I think mortars are overrated unless you have intelligent recon players on your team (very rare) who are popping flares all the time.

Awesome, thank you!!!

Also, I've always wondered and never spent the time to actually figure out, what is the criteria to resupply grenades? Are they the same for each class?

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Awesome, thank you!!!

Also, I've always wondered and never spent the time to actually figure out, what is the criteria to resupply grenades? Are they the same for each class?

I have no idea but I know that when I'm running support my ammo boxes give grenades back to me much quicker then it resupplies my squadmates with grenades. Same thing when say, I'm an assault sitting next to a resupply box and waiting for grenades to come back. As a support class on your own resupply box the grenades are resupplied very rapidly.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I have no idea but I know that when I'm running support my ammo boxes give grenades back to me much quicker then it resupplies my squadmates with grenades. Same thing when say, I'm an assault sitting next to a resupply box and waiting for grenades to come back. As a support class on your own resupply box the grenades are resupplied very rapidly.

Gotcha, thanks!

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville

Support is my favorite class, the easiest way to rank up any class is to play Conquest and take flags as much as possible with your squad or team. I run with the BAR storm, it's like a WW1 assault rifle. It's biggest weakness is it has a small 20 round clip, so you got to reload a lot or be ready to pull your pistol out if you're dealing with multiple enemies.

Make sure you carry the ammo crate and not the ammo pouch and drop as much as possible on your teammates, best time is when everybody's standing around taking a flag or on that camping sniper for your team that you're running past.

I carry the Limpet charge or the Mortar HE as my second gadget. Limpet charges are great explosives for tanks and cars that are attacking you. You have to sneak up and throw them at your target and it will magnetically attach and do a lot of damage. You only get 1, so you have to resupply yourself with an ammo crate. 1 will kill a car, 2 will kill a tank.

Mortars are tricky, but very effective against clustered infantry and vehicles, like a flag the enemy is trying to take. It's a good idea to practice with it in an empty area to get the hang of it. It's very important to learn it because if you ever get the driver's seat in a train or dreadnought behemoth, that's how you control the train mortars and dreadnought cannons, exactly how you use mortars with support.

Also, if you have squad boosts from battlepacks, use them and you get more points for an hour of playing time and rank up faster as well. And make sure you follow your squad leader's orders as much as possible and take those flags he/she marks and you get more points.

If you're the squad leader, mark the flags you want your squad to take with the spotting button and when they take that flag you get more bonus points and you'll be ranked up really fast.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Support is my favorite class, the easiest way to rank up any class is to play Conquest and take flags as much as possible with your squad or team. I run with the BAR storm, it's like a WW1 assault rifle. It's biggest weakness is it has a small 20 round clip, so you got to reload a lot or be ready to pull your pistol out if you're dealing with multiple enemies.

Make sure you carry the ammo crate and not the ammo pouch and drop as much as possible on your teammates, best time is when everybody's standing around taking a flag or on that camping sniper for your team that you're running past.

I carry the Limpet charge or the Mortar HE as my second gadget. Limpet charges are great explosives for tanks and cars that are attacking you. You have to sneak up and throw them at your target and it will magnetically attach and do a lot of damage. You only get 1, so you have to resupply yourself with an ammo crate. 1 will kill a car, 2 will kill a tank.

Mortars are tricky, but very effective against clustered infantry and vehicles, like a flag the enemy is trying to take. It's a good idea to practice with it in an empty area to get the hang of it. It's very important to learn it because if you ever get the driver's seat in a train or dreadnought behemoth, that's how you control the train mortars and dreadnought cannons, exactly how you use mortars with support.

Also, if you have squad boosts from battlepacks, use them and you get more points for an hour of playing time and rank up faster as well. And make sure you follow your squad leader's orders as much as possible and take those flags he/she marks and you get more points.

If you're the squad leader, mark the flags you want your squad to take with the spotting button and when they take that flag you get more bonus points and you'll be ranked up really fast.

Awesome, thanks!!!

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
:laugh:

Stealing my videos, eh? Most of my highlights are horse kills. I never get tired of horse kills.

And then also this:

Not stealing, just figured it was relevant to the topic at hand. Don't infract me bro.

Besides I have plenty of clips of myself killing horses.

*not pictured: the time I shot the horse with an at rocket a split second before it ran my ass over

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Not stealing, just figured it was relevant to the topic at hand. Don't infract me bro.

Besides I have plenty of clips of myself killing horses.

*not pictured: the time I shot the horse with an at rocket a split second before it ran my ass over

Horrible death whinnies for the win

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Anyone mind taking on a noob? I mean I've played Battlefield, etc before.. but I'm pretty new to PC gaming. I'm a console gamer at heart. So the keyboard is still so foreign to me. I can type like a champ, but I can't play like a champ lolol.

Bought this and Titanfall 2 today. Let me know!

Origin Name: natey2k4

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Just play the objective and you're better than half of the randoms in most servers.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Just play the objective and you're better than half of the randoms in most servers.
That's my goal. I used to play medic on Battlefield 3. And I remember finishing first on my team with 1 kill. :laugh:

The problem is more-so that I'm awful with the keyboard and mouse.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
That's my goal. I used to play medic on Battlefield 3. And I remember finishing first on my team with 1 kill. :laugh:

Once you get used to it, you will love it. It won't take long either. I think its 100x better than a controller for shooters.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

You can still do that with Medic. Maps with chokepoints that create a lot of deaths are Revive City.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Anyone mind taking on a noob? I mean I've played Battlefield, etc before.. but I'm pretty new to PC gaming. I'm a console gamer at heart. So the keyboard is still so foreign to me. I can type like a champ, but I can't play like a champ lolol.

Bought this and Titanfall 2 today. Let me know!

Origin Name: natey2k4

Don't be a recon as an attacker on Operations. It's great that they go 32-3 sitting on a rock at the edge of the map while I go 6-4 and outscore everyone by 10,000 points as a medic capping flags. :laugh:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Don't be a recon as an attacker on Operations. It's great that they go 32-3 sitting on a rock at the edge of the map while I go 6-4 and outscore everyone by 10,000 points as a medic capping flags. :laugh:

Hey now, playing scout on offense is perfectly viable. You don't want to be on the very front lines, but there are enough rifles with a close sweet spot range where you can be on/near points and still get kills. Hell, the M1903 is semi-auto.

Plus spot flares are invaluable, especially when calling a point. A scout supported by a support can light up an entire area. K-bullets are fantastic for harassing tanks, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad