Battlefield 1 - Charging Tanks on Horses Since 1914

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I've always been a conquest player, but operations mode in this game is probably the most fun I've had in Battlefield since BC2, and the most I've played since early BF3. I never got hooked on BF4. I'm solo playing, always infantry, so it's convenient to just jump in and play. I think it beats out conquest for casual playing and the game overall is infantry friendly. Bought and played the game on release, but then didn't play much before this russian DLC(which I'm really enjoying). So the amount of time between DLCs doesn't bother me, but I can see why it would if you play alot and want new content.

There's quite a bit of maps I don't like, but also maps I like so I don't see the big deal. Some maps are the bomb for operations, others are better in conqust. There's what, 20 maps? So there's something for everyone. I will say though, DLC maps >> base maps, no doubt about it.

Could've done without elite classes and behemoths, but I think they make more sense in operations than conquest at least.

Classes.. pretty alright balance. Scout and assault are the easiest for k/d farm, but medic and support score just as good if not better. That's the way it should be. I don't think enough BF players grasp the concept of objectives, still, after all these years. I've played them all beyond level 25, but prefer medic and scout(aggressive) gameplay.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I have to say I enjoy the game. I may not enjoy it as much as BF4 (it was much easier and quicker to get from point to point and the maps were a little more symmetrical point wise) but it's a hell of a lot of fun especially when compared to the last 2 CODs. The chaos, while frustrating if you get some rough spawns or spawn during an enemy rush and get slaughtered a bunch of times, is great. I've always played battlefield because of the grander scope of things, bigger maps, bigger teams.

And just like COD some guns are way overpowered. Just unlocked the Model 10-A Slug for assault (I primarily play support) and it's a shotgun with the range of a Support class rifle. little absurd, but considering the hellreigal is almost unfair, I can deal with it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
There's very little balance between the guns, especially intra class. There are a couple that are clearly better than the others. They needlessly padded out the number of guns with the variants rather than letting you customize basic attachments.

The model 10 is clearly the best shotgun, nothing comes close. The Hellreigel is the best SMG. The No. 3 is the best pistol. The scout rifles have very little meaningful differences between them. The support class has stuff that's just straight unusable like the Benét–Mercié. The medic guns all feel like shit to the point where they added what is basically an assault rifle with the DLC.

The mortar is also super cheesy and makes 64 player modes hell. Same for elite classes, the power of a dominant pilot, and behemoths. DICE just went balls to the wall with the cheese in this game.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
At least in BF4, it lets you experiment and actually get good with them. Some weapons are better at others in terms of situations, but I think the weapon balance of 4 is way better than 1.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
At least in BF4, it lets you experiment and actually get good with them. Some weapons are better at others in terms of situations, but I think the weapon balance of 4 is way better than 1.

Without question. There was much more variety of weapon viability and usage in BF4. I find myself never using half the weapons (or variations of the same weapons) in BF1.

Sep 19, 2008
There are a bunch of weapons in BF1 for medic, I just use one of them (cei-rigotti)

They have free premium trials right now so I was able to try some of the Russian maps. Reception is mixed.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This has to be one of the best shooters I've ever played in the past ten years. I haven't even bought any of the DLC and this game has such ridiculous replay value for me. Operations has to be one of the coolest game modes I've seen even though it's not an entirely new concept by any stretch of the imagination. How Dice conducted that in this game is superb.

Only negative I have is the loot crates are a pain in the ass.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
This has to be one of the best shooters I've ever played in the past ten years. I haven't even bought any of the DLC and this game has such ridiculous replay value for me. Operations has to be one of the coolest game modes I've seen even though it's not an entirely new concept by any stretch of the imagination. How Dice conducted that in this game is superb.

Only negative I have is the loot crates are a pain in the ass.

Love it. Also love how they keep releasing the dlcs for free in anticipation of battlefield V.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I find most people just use the handheld machine guns which is annoying since they aren't really WWI weapons.

I played it for awhile.

I loved the Arab map with the horses. I got pretty good shooting from horseback and using the spear or saber.

There was a pretty good range of maps which helped switch things up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->