Battlefield 1 - Charging Tanks on Horses Since 1914

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Hey now, playing scout on offense is perfectly viable. You don't want to be on the very front lines, but there are enough rifles with a close sweet spot range where you can be on/near points and still get kills. Hell, the M1903 is semi-auto.

Plus spot flares are invaluable, especially when calling a point. A scout supported by a support can light up an entire area. K-bullets are fantastic for harassing tanks, too.

If you're on or near the point as a recon attacking on operations then you are absolutely a legitimate player. My problem is with the attackers who sit ten thousand miles away sniping defenders. It's literally pointless since defenders aren't on a ticket count and are likely going to squad spawn a few seconds later near the same location.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
If you're on or near the point as a recon attacking on operations then you are absolutely a legitimate player. My problem is with the attackers who sit ten thousand miles away sniping defenders. It's literally pointless since defenders aren't on a ticket count and are likely going to squad spawn a few seconds later near the same location.

:laugh: yeah, I've seen my share of sniper colonies taking potshots from the back of the map. If they're in my squad I'll spawn on them and drop a couple smoke grenades then go along on my merry.

****, I've seen snipers cause a loss on defense too. Recently I joined an Oil of Empires operation. Spawned in the last sector, on the last map, with literally half the team sniping from the rocks behind C. I think we held it for about five minutes.

Anyway, the moral of the story, Natey, is to play the ****ing objective. If you want to win, you need to be on control of the points. Everything else is secondary.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Martini-Henry's ideal range makes it perfectly viable for rushing points in Operations. Pair it with the Mars for one shot followups and go prone between shots so you're not standing around.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The damage model for the bolt actions is all wrong IMO, should be a 1 shot to the chest or head out to a given range, with the lowest ammo count/rof having the longest range. The sweetspot stuff is nonsense and just makes sure you are forced to use anything else in close combat (which is a majority of the game). For a WW1 game there aren't a ton of bolt action rifles running around.

Every class should have access to their countries basic infantry bolt action with no optics.

The limited gun choices (rock/paper/scissors) and the lowered skill ceiling is why BF1 isn't retaining players as well as previous titles.

Sep 19, 2008
Who playing They Shall Not Pass tomorrow??

The damage model for the bolt actions is all wrong IMO, should be a 1 shot to the chest or head out to a given range, with the lowest ammo count/rof having the longest range. The sweetspot stuff is nonsense and just makes sure you are forced to use anything else in close combat (which is a majority of the game). For a WW1 game there aren't a ton of bolt action rifles running around.

Every class should have access to their countries basic infantry bolt action with no optics.

The limited gun choices (rock/paper/scissors) and the lowered skill ceiling is why BF1 isn't retaining players as well as previous titles.

What. It seems to be pretty popular and it's been out for some time now.

By all accounts, this game is a home run compared to Hardline.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Hardline was a disaster though so that's not really much of a compliment. I'm assuming he was referring to previous titles like BF4, BF3 or even some of the Bad Company titles. BF4 retained (and probably grew) its player base way after release. It's still a great game today.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Who playing They Shall Not Pass tomorrow??

What. It seems to be pretty popular and it's been out for some time now.

By all accounts, this game is a home run compared to Hardline.

I'm actually contemplating taking the day off work. Here is the drop schedule:

PC: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 08.00 UTC / 12.00 AM PT.
PS4: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 10.00 UTC / 2.00 AM PT.
Xbox One: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 12.00 UTC / 4.00 AM PT.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
You bought premium?

No. But everyone has to get the patch regardless.

I'm surprised they said I could spectate the French maps... But when I tried it told me I had to buy premium pass. I thought anyone could spectator.

One guy said in server last night the Fort map reminded him of operation locker. That excites me. Locker was a good Battlefield 4 map. Chinese prison facility.

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
No. But everyone has to get the patch regardless.

I'm surprised they said I could spectate the French maps... But when I tried it told me I had to buy premium pass. I thought anyone could spectator.

One guy said in server last night the Fort map reminded him of operation locker. That excites me. Locker was a good Battlefield 4 map. Chinese prison facility.

He's right. It's very, very similar to Locker except it's like a big circle so teams don't get pinned in their base as easily. Which to be honest is quite fun when you're the team doing the pinning but understandably can get frustrating AF. I played the four maps last night and all of them were really enjoyable. No ****** maps and definitely worth the purchase.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Don't like how they made you complete certain tasks for unlocking the new weapons. I also thought they were adding a new class? I was hoping for more durable new Behemoth as this is the weakest of any of them it seems. The new maps and the game play is still top notch!

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
New DLC is awesome, definitely worth adding if you like the game. The infantry only maps, Verdun Heights and Fort De Vaux are great. Fort De Vaux is like Operation Metro 3.0 or Operation Locker 2.0, it's really well done. They made the map circular instead of linear so everybody is constantly running around in circles capping flags in the maze of the Fort which is fantastic.

I've unlocked all the new DLC weapons, including the new Pilot/Tanker gun. Ribeyrolles for Assault is the best of the lot and definitely worth getting. It's my go to gun now for Assault.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
New DLC is awesome, definitely worth adding if you like the game. The infantry only maps, Verdun Heights and Fort De Vaux are great. Fort De Vaux is like Operation Metro 3.0 or Operation Locker 2.0, it's really well done. They made the map circular instead of linear so everybody is constantly running around in circles capping flags in the maze of the Fort which is fantastic.

I've unlocked all the new DLC weapons, including the new Pilot/Tanker gun. Ribeyrolles for Assault is the best of the lot and definitely worth getting. It's my go to gun now for Assault.

The head shot task to the MP is insane

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The head shot task to the MP is insane

It took me a couple days grinding to get it. Total pain in the ass. I had multiple kills either stolen or look like headshots but not count. I'd recommend sneaking up on oblivious snipers if possible. It's easier to hit a target that isn't moving.

It's totally worth it though. The Ribeyrolles is a beast. I love having a bipod on an SMG.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00