Battlefield 1 - Charging Tanks on Horses Since 1914

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
How are some be able to obtain the target so quickly and kill you so quick???: I have never figured this out in BF

It's fastest to aim as much as you can with just the hip-fire crosshairs to get on target and then go down sights when you're firing to fine-tune, IMO.

I mean I only hit about 35% of shots with the Martini, but it's easier to survive by firing fast and moving rather than sitting still looking down sights trying to do all the aiming that way, so you get more chances to fire in the end. Works with other guns too.

Sep 19, 2008
Where did all the servers go?

fFxyUyK.png

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Does this game ever get easier? I've put in about 4-5 hours the past two days, and have been getting my ass kicked. Fin game none the less. What's the best game mode? I've been playing A lot of Operations, but it seems to be the same there maps over and over.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Does this game ever get easier? I've put in about 4-5 hours the past two days, and have been getting my ass kicked. Fin game none the less. What's the best game mode? I've been playing A lot of Operations, but it seems to be the same there maps over and over.

Operations is fine. If the attacking team doesn't open up the next phase than you can get stuck playing the same maps over and over again but it's still my favorite game mode.

It gets easier. Main thing is to learn the maps. Also, unlock and equip the revive syringe ASAP and always use it as an attacker. You can finish top five on your team without even getting kills as a good medic, plus you're actually helping the team.

Don't worry about your K-D in Operations.

Sep 19, 2008
K-D is overrated. If you're in the top 10 through healing / helping your team win it's good enough.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
K-D is overrated. If you're in the top 10 through healing / helping your team win it's good enough.

Let's not sugarcoat playing poorly. Kills are the single most important thing in any game mode. Granted, if you're slaying without playing the objective, you aren't helping as much. However if you're consistently dying in operations (losing reinforcements) or conquest (giving the other team tickets) then you're a liability.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Let's not sugarcoat playing poorly. Kills are the single most important thing in any game mode. Granted, if you're slaying without playing the objective, you aren't helping as much. However if you're consistently dying in operations (losing reinforcements) or conquest (giving the other team tickets) then you're a liability.

If you are one of the players (and there are a lot of them) who sits on a rock ten miles away from any objective in operations, finishes 15-2 and out of the top 20 in overall points than you are absolutely worthless compared with someone running medic who is constantly on the objective, finishes 6-20, helps cap a million flags, revives teammates, generally keeps his team pushing forward and finishes in the top 5 in overall score. Not calling you out specifically since you said you need to be near the objective but saying "kills are the single most important thing in any game mode" seems to ignore those types of players who spend their entire operations careers racking up amazing K-D's by sniping and have never went near an objective.

Kills away from the objective as an attacker on operations mean next to nothing as the defenders have no ticket count. I love when I'm on the objective in operations and some guy who is 15-0 as an attacker snipes me from 20 miles away. Oh - cool, I'll just respawn on my squadmate who is in the same vicinity as where I just was and be back on the objective in 5 seconds, killing all your teammates who are actually trying to cap the objective. Good job, enjoy your K-D and your loss.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

If by any game mode you mean team death match, sure.

Sep 19, 2008

Also, subsequent iterations of Battlefield have heavily de-emphasized the K-D narrative. That used to be true about 1942 but Battlefield 2 and so on began to emphasize the team element over K-D. This is not Call Of Duty here.

Last edited:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If you are one of the players (and there are a lot of them) who sits on a rock ten miles away from any objective in operations, finishes 15-2 and out of the top 20 in overall points than you are absolutely worthless compared with someone running medic who is constantly on the objective, finishes 6-20, helps cap a million flags, revives teammates, generally keeps his team pushing forward and finishes in the top 5 in overall score. Not calling you out specifically since you said you need to be near the objective but saying "kills are the single most important thing in any game mode" seems to ignore those types of players who spend their entire operations careers racking up amazing K-D's by sniping and have never went near an objective.

Kills away from the objective as an attacker on operations mean next to nothing as the defenders have no ticket count. I love when I'm on the objective in operations and some guy who is 15-0 as an attacker snipes me from 20 miles away. Oh - cool, I'll just respawn on my squadmate who is in the same vicinity as where I just was and be back on the objective in 5 seconds, killing all your teammates who are actually trying to cap the objective. Good job, enjoy your K-D and your loss.

One could argue that actually killing people pushes your team forward though as opposed to just focusing on reviving teammates and expecting zero repercussions. I guess there's just a different mentality for PTFOers where they believe that as long as they're capping they're helping, because I certainly don't think I'm helping the team if I end up top 5 and go 6-20. Being a medic may improve my score because I'm healing, reviving, and gaining points through the minutiae of what the class has to offer, but unless those guys that I revived kill a significant amount of people to mask my K/D issues, I don't believe I'm helping. I'm not someone that tries to get 300m+ snipes, and I despise them for taking up spots, but being smart and not mindlessly running around flags and reviving teammates while consistently going negative is important.

If by any game mode you mean team death match, sure.

Killing people makes everything easier. It's also the most effective method of racking up tickets in conquest and the only the way to beat attackers when defending in operations.

Last edited:

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Can't heal or cap if you're dead. In conquest, tickets count just as much as points captured.

What console/system are you on Lias?

Nm. JagrZherdev68 on PS4. Squad up. Let's see it.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So EA has released a Battlefield 1 Revolution edition, which has the season pass in it and it's only $60. That is a straight up slap to the face to those who paid the full $110/$120 (which ever it was) for the game and season pass less than a year ago. Not only that they are doing this when they have yet to even release their 2nd planned DLC, which is apparently behind by 6 months if you compare it to the release schedule of BF4. Basically what this tells you is to never pre-order BF games from EA ever again, because they will make sure to release a copy that has access to everything (but not everything is finished) before a year has passed. **** you EA, I'm glad I barely played BF1 and I'm glad I didn't buy the season pass.

Now I hope this doesn't **** over Titanfall 2 either. If anything, I hope this **** makes people play Titanfall 2 more as the DLC is free and frequent. You know, by developers who give a ****.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I was going to say I don't think releasing a "Revolution" (or Game of the Year style) edition a year after initial release for "full AAA" price is really that uncommon, but the fact that they are doing it before the DLC is out is stupid.

Also, season passes are stupid. Don't buy DLC content before you know what you are getting....unless maybe it's a CD Projekt Red game. Some games have excellent DLC, but there are far more turds than gems.

Also, Titanfall 2 is great.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Buy the season pass when the first DLC hits and it's clear they're going to support the game. Since it became pretty obvious they were going to drip feed DLC for this game (everyone is working on Battlefront 2 and the next Battlefield), I didn't bother.

This is the last game that they'll have paid maps for, so if you want to rage against the machine that's fine but the battle is already over.

Sep 19, 2008
Pre order was always a scam. Look at all this extra online game currency you get, more packs! As if I have any need for that ****.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Buy the season pass when the first DLC hits and it's clear they're going to support the game. Since it became pretty obvious they were going to drip feed DLC for this game (everyone is working on Battlefront 2 and the next Battlefield), I didn't bother.

This is the last game that they'll have paid maps for, so if you want to rage against the machine that's fine but the battle is already over.

Dropping the map pack ******** is very much a win in my mind, and one I thank Respawn for. Major props to those guys.

Unfortunately, they'll be pushing loot boxes even harder now, which is a mild annoyance. I may not understand why anyone buys those things, but if you find value in it more power to you.

All that said, this is a pretty ****** way to finish up the map DLC era.

Rage against the machine over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad