Barzal Or Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Last season at 5V5, Barzal had 54 points and Tavares had 39. How exactly does Barzal struggle at 5V5, and what does it say about Tavares when a guy who struggles at 5V5 outproduced him by 15 points?

Tavares has more even strength points than Barzal has total points this year and more even strength goals than Barzal has even strength points, so it doesn't say much I'm gonna wager.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Tavares has more even strength points than Barzal has total points this year and more even strength goals than Barzal has even strength points, so it doesn't say much I'm gonna wager.

You don’t think that the results of an entire season where two guys played on the same team says much? You think that the results of 1/3 of a season where the two guys are on different teams means more?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
This is Matthews quite easily. Barzal is very good but will never break 40 goals nevermind 50.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Pot meet kettle. Stop acting like a 25 game sample size has made your piss poor organization relevant
I'm on record as saying I'm happy making the playoffs and think finishing top 2 is a real longshot so please stop being ridiculous. The last thing I am about the Sabres is smug and arrogant.

Also if you want to talk smack on our relevance: before the last 5 seasons the Sabres had something like the 5th or 6th best winning percentage in league history, and even after the last 5 years we are still 8th or 9th. Bottom line: the Sabres have been relevant for close to our entire history.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Last season at 5V5, Barzal had 54 points and Tavares had 39. How exactly does Barzal struggle at 5V5, and what does it say about Tavares when a guy who struggles at 5V5 outproduced him by 15 points?
Barzal was sheltered behind Tavares last year that's why? I wonder what there numbers are this year?

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Barzal was sheltered behind Tavares last year that's why? I wonder what there numbers are this year?

So which of Matthews or Tavares is sheltered behind the other this year?

BTW, if you combine this season and last season’s totals, Barzal still has the most 5V5 points of the 3 players.

Reactions: sabremike

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
So which of Matthews or Tavares is sheltered behind the other this year?

BTW, if you combine this season and last season’s totals, Barzal still has the most 5V5 points of the 3 players.
Matthews has missed over half the season due to injury. Are you suggesting his ghost was sheltering Tavares? Again I asked what there numbers look like this year and you add numbers from last year when Barzal was sheltered. Good job

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
Why is barzal being compared to matthews... Thats insulting to auston.

Even marner is way better.

Compare barzal to someone in his tier like Nylander.

Matthews and marner are in another stratosphere

Reactions: DirkStraun

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Matthews has missed over half the season due to injury. Are you suggesting his ghost was sheltering Tavares? Again I asked what there numbers look like this year and you add numbers from last year when Barzal was sheltered. Good job

Why would I tell you what this year’s numbers look like when you already know the answer? Yeah, Tavares and Matthews both look a lot better, albeit in a smaller sample size.

Reactions: sessiroth

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think the hype around Barzal got a little bit out of control.

He's a great player and a legit 1C, but the idea that he was in the very cream of the crop in the NHL was always taking it a bit too far.

He's more like a Scheifele than a Matthews.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I think the hype around Barzal got a little bit out of control.

He's a great player and a legit 1C, but the idea that he was in the very cream of the crop in the NHL was always taking it a bit too far.

He's more like a Scheifele than a Matthews.
Scheifele is better than Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad