Barzal Or Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
You would think Barzal totally fell off based on the comments here, he has 21 Points in 27 Games in his Sophomore season as the bonafide #1C on a team with no elite supporting cast. I remember when people were writing off MacKinnon during his Sophomore season and now he's the second coming of Christ.

Reactions: sabremike

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
I remember a lot of talk that Tavares was no big loss and that Barzal would pick up right where he left off. I love the guy, but it was obvious there'd be an adjustment period with a different coach and added responsibility. I'd like to see him be a bit more selfish and create for himself when his linemates aren't going, try and improve his shot too.

Last edited:

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Barzal is still elite at pushing the puck up the ice. Right now its not turning into offence like it was last year.

He has the worst plus minus on the Islanders. He is 41% in the dot. He has 5 even strength points and is pacing towards 7 goals. Most concerning is he has 15 shots in 12 games.

He is an elite talent who almost assuredly will play much better than this go forward. Regardless, any suggestion he is in the same tier as Matthews right now is laughable.

Babcock would move Barzal to wing.
Bump!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->