Speculation: Barrie

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Thanks for the advice.
No worries.
There are enough people skewing things to boost their agenda. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be lumped in with the others.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Can't believe anyone who try to polish this bad trade just because of their Dubas partisanship. One year of Barrie and a meh NHL forward isn't worth Kadri. Period, if you're arguing anything else or manipulating numbers, you're lost on this trade. It's okay Dubas isn't perfect, he messed this one up.

Just an add to these "stats", go compare his secondary assist tally to other offensive D men, you'll quickly see the disconnect and realize his numbers are hollow cover for horrible play. Tyson Barrie was a mirage! Worst defensive D man on the team, and that's saying something. ZERO leadership, soft as butter, lost 90 percent of his board battles, just a net negative almost everytime he was on the ice. He was sheltered by two coaches for a reason.

It's just a bad trade, deal. Buh bye.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah, in hindsight the deal didn't work out for us, and that's okay. A GM isn't going to win every deal they make. Was this as bad as the Kessel deal? Of course not. But it's still not good.

That said, Dubas took a chance at improving our biggest weakness on RHD by leveraging a position of strength. It was the right kind of move to make, just the wrong target. Every summer and every trade deadline we all whine about making a move to shore up the right side through a position of strength, and in this case we did try and lost it. That's the way she goes sometimes.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
No worries.
There are enough people skewing things to boost their agenda. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be lumped in with the others.

If you think PPG tells the only correct story, then post it.

A much better use of your keystrokes than this generous posting advice.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Finally empirical proof that Sandin is the better prospect:

NHL:
Sandin: 8 points in 401 total minutes
Liljegren: 1 point in 113 total minutes

Who knew it was that easy?

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkKnight

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Stats never tell the whole story. I'm just looking out for your reputation. You're coming across as a little deceitful.

And you're coming off as very much passive aggressive. Different strokes I guess.

If you have an argument to make, make it.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
And you're coming off as very much passive aggressive. Different strokes I guess.

If you have an argument to make, make it.
There is no argument. It turned out to be a bad trade regardless of your skewed numbers.
You realize you aren't fooling anyone?

Reactions: biotk and mclaren55

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
There is no argument. It turned out to be a bad trade regardless of your skewed numbers.
You realize you aren't fooling anyone?

Yep an absolutely horrendous trade in which we have received double the points the other team has.

Absolutely horrendous.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Can't believe anyone who try to polish this bad trade just because of their Dubas partisanship. One year of Barrie and a meh NHL forward isn't worth Kadri. Period, if you're arguing anything else or manipulating numbers, you're lost on this trade. It's okay Dubas isn't perfect, he messed this one up.

Just an add to these "stats", go compare his secondary assist tally to other offensive D men, you'll quickly see the disconnect and realize his numbers are hollow cover for horrible play. Tyson Barrie was a mirage! Worst defensive D man on the team, and that's saying something. ZERO leadership, soft as butter, lost 90 percent of his board battles, just a net negative almost everytime he was on the ice. He was sheltered by two coaches for a reason.

It's just a bad trade, deal. Buh bye.

It's a bad trade compared to the other options available to us at the time? What exactly were the other teams offering? Please provide evidence that this wasn't the best available trade for us, no matter how it worked out?

Reactions: Dekes For Days

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It's a bad trade compared to the other options available to us at the time? What exactly were the other teams offering? Please provide evidence that this wasn't the best available trade for us, no matter how it worked out?
Dubas didn't have to trade him at that time so why are you adding a time frame to your response ?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Yep an absolutely horrendous trade in which we have received double the points the other team has.

Absolutely horrendous.
Double the points in 3 times as many games?

It's fine if you like the trade, you don't need to skew things to convince people it was good.
I liked it at the time but it didn't turn out very good and it would have been bettered if Kadri had been leveraged into a better return.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
18-19 Kadri: ES 13:35, 35pts pace, -2, 50.2xgf% (-1.7rel)
19-20 Kerfoot: ES 13:09, 32pts pace, -2, 52.4xgf% (+1.1rel)

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Double the points in 3 times as many games?

It's fine if you like the trade, you don't need to skew things to convince people it was good.
I liked it at the time but it didn't turn out very good and it would have been bettered if Kadri had been leveraged into a better return.

You keep saying "skew".

But aren't injuries very relevant to how a trade "turned out"?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
You keep saying "skew".

But aren't injuries very relevant to how a trade "turned out"?
Unless you're trading away damaged goods I don't see why injuries are relevant

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
After two suspensions, two years in a row in the playoffs, Kadri was done here. I think that was a foregone conclusion by most at the time, he was just a player that we could no longer trust.

So, yes, he had to be traded.
I agree it was time to move on but I don't think there was a rush to do it. He could have started the season and been moved later.
IMO, he was moved when he was because the Leafs liked the return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad