Who is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I know it's only 2 games in, but Brodie's looking like Barrie did when he was a Leaf.

DFEIHXpWsAEAYLN.jpg
maybe if the forwards would help them out....i mean at some point when you're leaking goals regardless of whos back there maybe its a system problem?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
ABSOLUTE STUD DEFENSIVELY TONIGHT.
Sure its only one game but DID YOU WATTCH IT STUD DEFENCE STUD FORF SURE DEFENCE 1GAME STUD

Thats how dumb you sound basing your lackluster opinion on "Last game".
You mean like Leafs fan basing Barrie's ability off of an anomaly of a season?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
1 season vs 1 game, I wonder which one could be used to represent a more accurate depiction?
Very difficult question, I wonder why nobody is talking about this in the media and its only all the rage on HF boards.
So a no player has ever had a down season before?

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I'm just saying that it's funny that you're saying that and a Leafs fans are contradicting themselves when it comes to Barrie.
I dont get the humor as I never said anything of the sort. I'm saying his basing it all on one game is absolutely ridiculous, you seem to agree with that.

Also I have the ability to think independently from the rest of the Toronto fanbase, so other leafs fans opinions on things dont reflect my own.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Just out curiosity, would you be happy with Barrie on your top pairing?

Or even anchoring your 2nd pairing?
I was more than happy with Barrie on the the Avs his entire career and would take him back in a heartbeat. He was one of the biggest reasons we smoked the Flames last year.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I was more than happy with Barrie on the the Avs his entire career and would take him back in a heartbeat. He was one of the biggest reasons we smoked the Flames last year.

Interesting - good to know. I am not as big of a fan, but I also don’t have all the good memories to colour the bad.

I would still take Brodie as I am quite happy with his PK work but it’s good to have some balance in the conversation.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Interesting - good to know. I am not as big of a fan, but I also don’t have all the good memories to colour the bad.

I would still take Brodie as I am quite happy with his PK work but it’s good to have some balance in the conversation.
I mean I know that Barrie isn't great defensively, but when used correctly he's incredibly fun to watch and effective player on the offensive side. I mean he does need a coach to be willing to let his pairing be tailored to his game, but that goes back to what I was saying earlier in the thread that it would be weird to acquire him if you aren't going to utilize his skillset.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not exactly the clash of the titans in any case, but I voted Brodie. There were times Barrie looked downright confused out there last season.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Barrie might actually receive more love if he wasn't thrown out for 22 mins a game. He just can't do that heavy lifting. 16-18, with soft matchups and ample PP time and there may be a player in there.

You can comfortably throw Brodie out there against the class of the league. 1 bad game versus the Sens doesn't nullify that

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Barrie might actually receive more love if he wasn't thrown out for 22 mins a game. He just can't do that heavy lifting. 16-18, with soft matchups and ample PP time and there may be a player in there.

You can comfortably throw Brodie out there against the class of the league. 1 bad game versus the Sens doesn't nullify that

This. Brodie also bounced back w a very strong game in the 2nd of the b2b vs that same Sens team.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I'm just saying that it's funny that you're saying that and a Leafs fans are contradicting themselves when it comes to Barrie.

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!! This happens all the time with each and every team.

There are usually more stupid arguments within a team's fanbase than the obvious and out and out dumb comments and player assessments that one can see on the mainboard.

What you actually think every Maple Leafs fan is going to agree on each and every player 100% of the time? LOL :wedgie:

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
3/4 voted Marner a 4th liner. This is literally where intelligence goes to die.
Wasn’t that during the time when the leafs organization thought Marner was a 4th liner too? Bringing up old nonsense after things change drastically is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad