Proposal: Barrie for Kapanen+++

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Based on needs we wouldn't too. It's still early I know but the way Graves has been playing lately that would be a lateral move to trade Barrie for a LHD as center piece that we don't need that much. Target someone like Nuge or something remotely good for our 2nd line other than that not interested I will gladly keep Barrie.
Which is all completely fair.

Reactions: Spilot23

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not really. Leafs wouldn't trade even if they added to kap or Johnson. At the end of the leafs wouldn't move them for pesce. One for one or if the leafs added. They wouldn't do it.

In terms of semantics it matters but not at the end of the day.

It's not nearly as big of a deal your making. And certainly not a "big" deal.
If it's not a big deal than why are you making this false claim in almost ever Leaf thread?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Kapanen+++?

Uh...I wouldn't trade Kapanen for Barrie 1v1.
I realize that Barrie is more valuable but he is NOT the sort of defensemen the Leafs should be adding.

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
To quote hfboards “but he’s never hit 60 points”

but he gave a range aka in between 2 numbers which would mean that to be between 2 numbers that the high-end number isn't hit. You're putting words into someone's mouth. he was called a 50-60 point defenceman. Barrie often scores between 50 and 60 points per season. The statement was completely accurate and valid.

Rantanen The Goat

Nov 20, 2018
I wouldn't trade Barrie for kapanen +. Barrie is a proven scorer and pp QB. He could easily return more than kasperi kapanen. Hes having a good season but hasn't shown he's even a 60 point player. Plays really well beside a Matthews though.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
It's not that everyone is untouchable in Toronto. It's that we already have a Barrie in Gardiner and there are about zero Leaf fans who value Gardiner more than Kapanen.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Than everyone must be untouchable in Toronto.

If you were the Leafs GM, would you target a puck moving defenseman that would be redundant as they have 1 better, and another just as good (arguably better as well), who is going into the last year of his contract, for a young cost controlled solid 2 way player?

Kapanen is a solid hockey player. And he's very young. Untouchable? No, not in my books at all. But if I'm trading him for a 27 year old dman nearing the end of his contract, he'd have to be better than Barrie, and quite frankly, a better fit. for example, Muzzin (i.e. another dman like him, preferably one that plays right, would be a better idea)....

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Do you really believe Dubas wouldn't trade Kapanen for Pesce? If he turned that deal down he's a fool and he's holding his team back.

Kapanen is playing like a first line winger. I wouldn't trade him. Neither would Dubas. Don't believe me, believe Bobby Mac.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Kapanen is playing like a first line winger. I wouldn't trade him. Neither would Dubas. Don't believe me, believe Bobby Mac.

Cool.

The last thing the Leafs need is more offence. What they desperately need to have any chance of moving from pretender to contender is a blue liner like Pesce.

If the GM is too stupid to deal from strength to address weakness, that's a fatal flaw.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
but he gave a range aka in between 2 numbers which would mean that to be between 2 numbers that the high-end number isn't hit. You're putting words into someone's mouth. he was called a 50-60 point defenceman. Barrie often scores between 50 and 60 points per season. The statement was completely accurate and valid.

I wouldn't call twice in 6 seasons "often".

I get and agree with the sentiment, don't get me wrong. I just find the double standard hilarious, is all.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

He's on pace for 50-55 points, not sure that's first line winger stats this year with how scoring is up. To go along with that he's playing with some very high skilled teammates, which likely inflate his offensive numbers. I get that he is good in his own zone too, but I think he's played like a second line winger. Now that's nothing to scoff at, but is also quite a ways away from being a legitimate first line winger. Now in terms of trading him I personally believe Toronto should make a move to trade a forward, whether that is Kap or not I'm not sure, but I don't think an offensive defense man should be their target.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad