Proposal: Barrie for Kapanen+++

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
I wouldn't call twice in 6 seasons "often".

I get and agree with the sentiment, don't get me wrong. I just find the double standard hilarious, is all.
well he has hit it twice and was on pace for it over 60 in 2 other seasons.

Barrie is as consistent as they come for dmen producing offence. he doesn't come without his flaws*** but he is absolutely one of the best in the biz at doing what he does.

***he is not as bad defensively as he is made to seem - average NHL defender in his own zone and elite puck mover.

Reactions: Perratrooper

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
well he has hit it twice and was on pace for it over 60 in 2 other seasons.

Barrie is as consistent as they come for dmen producing offence. he doesn't come without his flaws*** but he is absolutely one of the best in the biz at doing what he does.

***he is not as bad defensively as he is made to seem - average NHL defender in his own zone and elite puck mover.
I don't disagree... but you should see the value "on pace for" has in Matthews threads.

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
1) Leafs could use an upgrade on RHD. There's no doubt
2) Barrie would be an upgrade, but he's not the type of upgrade we really need. We want a strong, shutdown, defence-first player, not an offensively gifted one
3) The package offered by the Leafs is an overpayment and one that makes little sense. Kappy is an RFA and we hopefully can work out a cost-effective deal for him. Bracco is one of the top young players in the AHL and given our future cap situation, the Leafs will require skills like his in the future for depth scoring at a cheap cost (same goes for our 1st, especially since we already gave away this year's)
4) Kappy probably doesn't hold the value that Leafs' fans tend to think (just like every other fan base overvalues players), but he does hold a lot of value to us. If you watch the Leafs play regularly, you'll see how much his game has progressed and know that he is NOT just a benefactor of playing with Matthews

***Edit - forgot you had Brown in there as well. He'll likely be moved this summer for a lower draft pick, so that's just another asset we lose in this deal (even if it's nominal value).

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
:avs

Kapanen, Kasperi ($863,333)
Bracco, Jeremy ($842,500)
Brown, Connor ($2,100,000)
2020 1st round pick (TOR)

:leafs

Barrie, Tyson ($5,500,000)
Probably need to Add Sandin, and a Andersen to just get the conversations rolling. I mean Colorado could really use another D level prospect and a 3rd string goalie. :|

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad